Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue preventing some users from receiving notifications on their iPhone after updating to iOS 13. If you're having trouble receiving notifications and you updated your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13, follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below:

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and watch this thread for new information. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team works to address this.

Best Answer
3,760 REPLIES 3,760

Yep same here too on my Versa. I’ve turned on message previews but have to put up with viewing half the text message on my locked screen 🙄 hope it gets fixed soon

Best Answer

Yup same here I updated to ios13 last night and haven’t been getting texts or calls coming through all day. Have tried resyncing ect getting calls now but still not text alerts 

Best Answer

Same for me too

Best Answer

This worked for me too! Never thought about that as I already have previews when unlocked set as a general setting. Didn’t think to go into the Messages settings. Thanks!!

Best Answer

Hi everyone. I appreciate all of you for visiting the Forums and reporting this situation. You did a great job with the troubleshooting steps, and let me help you out with this.

Before anything else, let me share that I've merged some of your posts to keep our forums organized, and so we can keep you updated. Our team is aware about the issues experienced with the notifications not working after updating to iOS 13. I understand how you're feeling about this, and to work on this together please give a try to the following steps:

1. On your iPhone's settings, tap on "Bluetooth".
  2. Then tap on "i" button next to your Fitbit device's name.
  3. Turn on toggle switch next to "Share System Notifications"
  4. Then test the notifications one more time.

@Creativedav1977, thanks for stopping by to help our friends. I'm sure others will find your post is very helpful!

Keep me posted with the outcome!

Best Answer

I still have the same issue as before. No difference 😞

Best Answer
I have done that several times. It’s still not working.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I too have the same issue an restarted my phone again. Still not working

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I went to settings, messages, turn on previews only when unlocked and now it works. 

Best Answer

Hey @LizzyFitbit what if I do not have the "Share System Notifications" toggle on my Alta HR? There's only "Forget this device" button.

I have tried to unpair and pair the watch again a few times, but no luck.

Best Answer

Okay, turning Bluetooth off and on did prompt the iPhone to ask for another permission and now "Share System Notifications" toggle is there.

Now I do get call notifications, but only briefly - maybe a couple of vibrations at the beginning of the call. Certainly not what it used to be. 

Best Answer

Yes having the same issue on my inspire hr.  Tried all the usual twice

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having this issue as well. I have don’t all the normal this ..... turning off Bluetooth, turning it back on ... i get calls not texts ..... annoyed. Downloaded now ios13 last night. Help!!!

Best Answer

This works! - still I don't like previews since my phone is being viewed by a customer and I would hate to have a best friend idiot send a message intetended for me only lol 

Hopefully originally non previews is fixed soon! 

Best Answer
  • QUICK FIX SOLUTION

POSTED BY: BKroells82

* Enable Text Message previews

Steps:

- iOS Settings > Notifications > Messages > Show Previews > Always (Default) 

* Until they can fix it this works

Best Answer
I’ve checked and rechecked several times. Still not working...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Only other thing I did was

· shutdown Fitbit, turned back on, opened Fitbit app, turn off messages notifications, turned back on. Sorry 😕

Best Answer

I have done this along will all other posted solutions but it’s still not working. 

Best Answer
Same. Even uninstalled the app and removed the device and started over.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Doing this did not work for me. 👎🏻

Best Answer