Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue preventing some users from receiving notifications on their iPhone after updating to iOS 13. If you're having trouble receiving notifications and you updated your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13, follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below:

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and watch this thread for new information. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team works to address this.

Best Answer
3,760 REPLIES 3,760
That’s ridiculous they’re acting as if they’re not responsible for the problem. I hope I can put an Apple Watch on layaway at Walmart

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
No I haven’t. Still ticked because the steps Fitbit is providing isn’t working. Seems as though they aren’t interested in fixing the problems we are experiencing.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have a Samsung phone. Why am I getting messages about iOS?

Best Answer

I was excited to see the message.  Unfortunately it did not work for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I want to talk with a human at Fitbit if there is such a thing. I need
someone to walk me through what they think will fix this or maybe they
would like to buy back my Versa.
--
Thanks,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
Yes they are open 7 days a week, from 4am-9pm pacific time 877-623-4997.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently purchased an Inspire HR and had no problems connecting to my iPhone X.  However, after the recent iPhone updates (13), I cannot sync.  I'm experienced with iPhones and previously had a Fitbit Alta and never had any issues. 

The Fitbit non-sync message was that bluetooth was not turned on (incorrect).  Inspire HR was reset, turned the phone bluetooth off and on, turned the phone off and on; still no connection.  My only guess is that Fitbit did no properly test the new update, and there is some glitch.  Even through Apple update 13.1.1, there is still no improvement.  This is unfortunate and frustrating.  Hoping they do better update testing in the future!

Best Answer

I did these steps and I still can’t receive notification 

Best Answer

I had the same prob. You have to go to Settings (iPhone settings)> Notifications > messages > and switch the “show previews” to “Always”. I still think it sucks though because I don’t like having my text previews on because I like privacy if I walk away from  my phone and someone texts me. But that’s the only way to get notifications on the watch. 

Best Answer
I tried that and sent a text to myself and it didn’t work

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I agree I just got off the phone with them and they made me delete my Bluetooth app and undo all the apps in the Fitbit and they made me have someone text me and it didn’t work. They said they’re aware of the problem and when we get an app update it should work by then but they don’t know when. I’m ready to get an Apple Watch but I really don’t wanna spend the money

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thanks for the info, I feel the same, but I guess I could wait a bit
Best Answer
0 Votes
I spoke with Fitbit’s customer service and they said they’re not sure when it’ll be fixed and to keep an eye out when there’s an update for the app and that should help but who knows it’s annoying. I can’t stand it because now I have to keep my phone on ring so I can hear my texts

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I update to ios 13 yesterday and now I cannot sync or sync to my phone.   It says no bluetooth but it's on.  My Blaze was connected to bluetooth so  after trying all other troubleshooting ideas I told my phone to forget this device and start over. Now My phone can't  find my Blaze to connect to bluetooth.  ARGH!  I am not sure what else to do.  I have a challenge for work starting tomorrow that is connected to my Blaze.  HELP!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the fit bit versa and am having the same problem. I even did a factory reset and still could not get it to work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too, I've given up and assumed fitbit were not interested now that the next version is out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I set it to "When Unlocked" and that works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not monitoring sleep

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it ridiculous at this point!!! I have done all the suggestions they have said!!! Nothing!!! When is it going to be fixed?!  I so annoyed at this point!!! Come on fix it already!!!

Best Answer

My Charge 3 was acting up before IOS13. Doesn’t always nudge for steps and doesn’t receive all texts. App is always uodated. Frustrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes