Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue preventing some users from receiving notifications on their iPhone after updating to iOS 13. If you're having trouble receiving notifications and you updated your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13, follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below:

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and watch this thread for new information. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team works to address this.

Best Answer
3,760 REPLIES 3,760

This latest debacle is the final straw for me. I'm going to be shopping for an Apple Watch soon. When the holiday sales come out, I'm buying one and chucking Fitbit to the weeds. It's always something with you guys. Notifications are ALWAYS an issue. Never consistent. You really need to test and troubleshoot your devices way longer before rolling them out. And any time I call FBit customer service, in whatever 3rd world country they work in, they don't know doodoo about anything. My Versa  is generally okay, but now another notifications snafu? Come on!  For 200 bucks, you really need your product to work consistently. I already have an Iphone and Ipad. Might as well just marry both to an Apple Watch and be able to talk/text from my wrist. I know nobody that's having trouble with their Apple Watch.

See ya later Fitbit gators!

Best Answer

Good afternoon, 

I have tried every step on iPhone and Versa to start receiving text notifications again but nothing seems to be fixing the issue. I can receive calls and the versa will vibrate but will not show any text or calendar notifications. I understand that you’re working on issue after Update and wondering if anything has been resolved yet or if there is any other fix I can try. Again, I have tried every fix that was posted or I looked up & is not resolving the text notification issue. Thanks for the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, and I'm ready to buy an Apple Watch, fo- shizzle.

Best Answer

No, I still can’t receive text notifications. 

Best Answer

Tried every suggestion and nothing! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I’m going to give them a call 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried Fitbit’s solution multiple times and it did not work. Someone else posted this solution below.....it worked for my Inspire :

I have the Charge 3 and my wife has the Versa 2. There was only one way for me to receive txt messages with the iOS13 updated. Both of us have the iPhone 8+.

Step 1: Turn off Bluetooth on your phone

Step 2: Delete the fitbit app. All of the data will save from your initial setup.

Step 3: Turn off your phone for 1 minute.

Step 4: Re-download the fitbit app.

Step 5 Turn on Bluetooth and login to the fitbit app

Step 6: Check to make sure:

*Setting - Notifications - Fitbit for "Allow Noticiations. "All alerts on" Options should have "Show Previous 'When Unlocked"

*Fitbit app - top left icon - select your device - notification - txt msg.”

Best Answer

Yes its really annoying that have to have the preview on my phone as work in an environment where i cant show my messages. That was kinda the point i had the fitbit to start with !!!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using Android and my Versa has stopped giving my text and phone call notifications?  I keep seeing the message to apple users but what about us Android users?  Very frustrating as I rely on my notifications for work.  I have tried restarting and doing everything that has been suggested and still nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed these instructions, get phone notifications but do not get message or calendar notifications.  I am very frustrated as I just purchased this fitbit Versa.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

My iPhone updated on 10/9. It has not updated to UHC Motion since then. I’m not receiving any notifications at all. I have a charge 2 that is only a year old! I tried the steps to fix it, but it still isn’t working! Help please, I’m losing my step payments

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great news, Fitbit just did a new update today and yeah everything is running as normal again.  Thanks Fitbit.

Best Answer

I sympathise with all these messages - I've been using my fitbit Alta for years with no problems until my iPhone updated to ios13 some weeks ago - Bluetooth no longer recognises my fitbit therefore nothing syncs! Very frustrated! I wonder if this is just typical of Apple resulting in another device of theirs having to be purchased or if Fitbit need to get their act together.  I don't know what the answer is but I am very annoyed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there an eta on when this will be fixed?  Any updates?

thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just did the new updated on the Fitbit in hopes that it would correct the problem and still unable to get messages on my Fitbit even after following at these instructions after all updates. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any progress with the compatibility issue? I have followed all your steps and my versa will still not sync my text messages from my iPhone but I am able to receive calendar updates. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried to call.  No luck. There is a recording saying they are having technical difficulties and you can go to their website but I cannot understand the website name.   Ugh 😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not and have spent endless hours trying to figure it out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No I get notifications but my clock will not update and says it’s not connected to Bluetooth!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

have tried all the info that has been provided and I too am unable to get texts or ring notices on my Inspire HR.  Kind of wished I would never have spent the money after reading that Fitbit is not doing anything to correct the issue for over a month - when will this be addressed?

Best Answer