Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for Syncing to your iOS device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There are multiple troubleshooting steps you can try. Make sure you check the required settings on your phone and try all the recommendations listed below before posting on the forums for further support. 

• Try removing the Bluetooth connection between your phone and your Fitbit device:
     *On your phone, tap Settings > Bluetooth > the information icon > next to the name of your Fitbit device Forget This Device.
  • Open the Fitbit app and set up the connection again. You should receive a message asking you to allow your Fitbit device to pair with your phone. Tap Pair to approve the request.

Requirements

• Your iPhone or iPad is running the latest version of iOS. To check, tap Settings  

General > Software Update

• Your Fitbit device is up-to-date. For more information, see How do I update my Fitbit device?
  • The Fitbit app is up-to-date. For more information, see How do I use the Fitbit app?
  • Your iPhone or iPad is connected to cellular data or Wi-Fi.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your iPhone or iPad is turned on. To check, tap Settings  

Bluetooth 

• Your iPhone or iPad isn't managing other Bluetooth connections. If you have multiple Bluetooth products like speakers or headsets paired to your phone along with your Fitbit device, you may have trouble using more than one at the same time. Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use.
  • If you use more than one phone or tablet to sync, make sure the other device isn't nearby. If the device is nearby, turn off Bluetooth on it.
  • Your Fitbit device is charged

Troubleshooting

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. For instructions see the Apple help article.
  2. On your phone, go to Settings  

> Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device doesn't sync, restart it. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device doesn't sync, restart your iPhone or iPad. For instructions see the Apple help article.
  7. Open the Fitbit app.
  8. If your Fitbit device doesn’t sync, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone or tablet and try to sync.
  9. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your iPhone or iPad and try to sync.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
130 REPLIES 130

I do this several times a day and still my Fitbit Charge 3 fails to stay sync to my iPhone.  Very frustrating.  I was hoping that the latest update which added features would resolve this but if anything it is worse.  My Flex 2 works fine and it is not an issue on my side.  So done with Fitbit.  Have been a customer since 2014 but am done now with wasting my time.

Best Answer

Totally agree with you.  I've followed these steps over and over and it still doesn't work.  I'm looking into other devices.

Best Answer

Same here! An expensive tracker not to work.  

Best Answer

I do this numerous times during the day. It will not stay synced. This has been an issue for a long time now. It’s just keeps getting worse. So frustrated and annoyed. 

Best Answer

This has happened to me since I purchased this device. I loved my charge 2 and then it suddenly died. Very discouraged to hear that this is an ongoing problem. I was lied to by Fitbit, saying it was temporary.

Best Answer
Definitely not temporary. Worse since the last update.

Regards Cheryl sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Any word on a fix for this?  It’s really disappointing 

Best Answer
Thanks, Cheryl.
I spent another hour on the phone yesterday with Fitbit supervisor.
Things were great..................for about 3 hours 😱
Not sure what to do......
--
Karen
Best Answer
Nothing. I’ve been through this also with Tech Support. It’s across their platforms.

Regards Cheryl sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello all, thank you for your participation in the forums and sharing your experiences regarding the syncing difficulty you're having.

Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated, I understand that this can be very frustrating. We're constantly working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. Thanks to the ones who have been in touch with our Support team. I am sure they tried their best to help you, please continue working with them as they have already all the details of your cases and special tools to continue assisting you. 

If you've tried the troubleshooting instructions and continue experiencing difficulties with syncing, please provide the model of your phone, the OS and the app version for further investigation.   

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I have an iPhone XR - OS = 13.6.1

Fitbit app version = 3.28 (986)

I had a previous Charge 4 and iPhone XR = syncing wasn't an issue.  My Charge 4 died, bought a new one, which sinced just fine with my 1st XR.  Phone broke, bought a new one.  Now having syncing issues.

I even deleted my original account (since 2015), and created a new one. Didn't help.   

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner, thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate the additional details. Since the issue persists, I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything! Will not sync! So aggravating!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

I phone 7 plus

IOS 13.6.1

fit bit 3.28

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very sad to see Fitbit manage their program release like this. Totally out of control. And leave loyal users hanging like this. Have they gotten back with us? Any estimate on dates? Nothing. That tells us they have no clue.

Best Answer

@Cherita52 

hi 

do you have “Background app refresh - on”

in your iOS settings ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turn on background app refresh in settings 

type that into settings search bar in iOS settings section 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. I did. It has been on all the time. 

Best Answer

Charge 3

iPad OS13.7

Since I updated my Fitbit I have had trouble syncing it.

I have run through the process you recommend every day and then it syncs once and that is it. The iPad won't see the Fitbit again until I have run through the whole process again.

I have also tried on my phone (Moto G 5.1) and get the same results.

Everything worked fine until you put out the latest update.

Best Answer