Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for Syncing to your iOS device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There are multiple troubleshooting steps you can try. Make sure you check the required settings on your phone and try all the recommendations listed below before posting on the forums for further support. 

• Try removing the Bluetooth connection between your phone and your Fitbit device:
     *On your phone, tap Settings > Bluetooth > the information icon > next to the name of your Fitbit device Forget This Device.
  • Open the Fitbit app and set up the connection again. You should receive a message asking you to allow your Fitbit device to pair with your phone. Tap Pair to approve the request.

Requirements

• Your iPhone or iPad is running the latest version of iOS. To check, tap Settings  

General > Software Update

• Your Fitbit device is up-to-date. For more information, see How do I update my Fitbit device?
  • The Fitbit app is up-to-date. For more information, see How do I use the Fitbit app?
  • Your iPhone or iPad is connected to cellular data or Wi-Fi.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your iPhone or iPad is turned on. To check, tap Settings  

Bluetooth 

• Your iPhone or iPad isn't managing other Bluetooth connections. If you have multiple Bluetooth products like speakers or headsets paired to your phone along with your Fitbit device, you may have trouble using more than one at the same time. Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use.
  • If you use more than one phone or tablet to sync, make sure the other device isn't nearby. If the device is nearby, turn off Bluetooth on it.
  • Your Fitbit device is charged

Troubleshooting

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. For instructions see the Apple help article.
  2. On your phone, go to Settings  

> Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device doesn't sync, restart it. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device doesn't sync, restart your iPhone or iPad. For instructions see the Apple help article.
  7. Open the Fitbit app.
  8. If your Fitbit device doesn’t sync, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone or tablet and try to sync.
  9. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your iPhone or iPad and try to sync.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
130 REPLIES 130

Thanks.

Yes, my laptop has Bluetooth. I never had a problem syncing with it until the Fitbit Icon disappeared from my top bar on my browser. I'm asking how I can sync my Fitbit to my Fitbit dashboard without the icon OR how I can get the icon back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked for me. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Done with fitbit. Choosing a garmin now: garmin vivoactive 4 with music

Best Answer

It is not the phone, it is the fitbit watch. 

Best Answer

I have a Versa2....for the past few days I get notice that says I must sync to my phone in order to use the biking tracker, I fixed that, but now I cannot get any notifications on my I Phone....I tried all the tips on all your articles and I just updated my I Phone....so frustrating, its not even a year old. email Suemer47@gmail

Best Answer

I have always reset my Fitbit Inspire HR every day. Yesterday, it wouldn't sync with my iPhone. I tried all of the above steps. Still doesn't sync.
In the Bluetooth list on my iPhone, it shows as connected but there is no "i" circle next to it so I can't "Forget this device". 

I get prompted to Set Up with my iPhone in the Fitbit settings, but it never pairs.
I can get it to sync with my iPad but I have to re-pair it every time.

iPhone X, IOS version 13.7

Best Answer

This worked for me after days of me trying everything else! Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love to talk to someone on your support chat, but have been trying for a week now and it just tells me to wait and someone will be with me.  Saying that things are so busy that it may take awhile.  I have let it run for hours and nothing.  I now can't get my charge 2 to sync.  Also my wrists straps keep breaking.  The design of this charge 2 is terrible.  You need your straps like they are on a real watch.  I want to buy a better one but not going to do that until I can talk to support so that I won't have to replace my strap every 6 months.  My wrist is very small.  From what I can see on this site not a lot of people are happy with fitbit any more.  I will be looking at something else if I don't hear back from anyone. Barbara sent from my Apple laptop.  

Best Answer
All fixed
Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like Fitbit is forcing us to get new devices. I am definitely not going with Fitbit any longer. Too much hassle with their syncing issues. 

Best Answer

I have iPhone 7Plus, iOS 14.1 (latest version), and Fitbit Charge 2 HR running 3.32.1 (999). Fitbit has stopped syncing with my iPhone since Oct 25. Any suggestions to resolve this?

Best Answer

Agree. The synch issue is a turn off

Best Answer

I had hoped this issue would have be resolved by now, this has been a 2yr long issue.

11 Pro Max

iOS 14.1

app ver. 3.33

Best Answer

Hi Lilly,

It is a waste of time sending you these details I have now provided phone and Fitbit version at least 4 times in the past few weeks, I have to manually synch the phone to app every day, the exercise mode has crashed twice which ends up freezing the App only solution is to delete the app and re-install. I am over fitbit - I upgraded recently from Charge 2 to Charge 4 - thinking the problems were because the charge 2 was an older model. I have requested a refund. I forwarded a log with screen shots to "Jan" at fitbit support. 

I am over getting fobbed off by Fitbit.

Best Answer

November update is what screwed mine up. It IS syncing but keeps saying it isn’t. I’m aggravated.

Best Answer

I have a iPhone 6 12.4.9.  Fitbit version 3.33 last updated Nov 4th. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My iPad app won’t sync. It’s been like this the past couple of weeks. I have Ionic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having same problem W / XR and Charge 3. Personally, I think problem is IOS 12 and up include Bluetooth version 5 and Fitbit Charge models include Bluetooth version 4. My Charge 3 was previously paired w/ a Galaxy S7 which included Version 4 Bluetooth and synced flawlessly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with my charge 4.  Flex 2 works.  I have to take charge of for about 5 mins before it will sync.  I had no issues before last update.   

Terri 

Best Answer