Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off “Enable location services” prompt

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time I go to the Fitbit app on my iPhone, I get a prompt asking me to “Enable location services”. I’m quite capable of turning on location services for gps tracking of exercise when I wish to, thank you very much.

It only started happening with the most recent app update and I find this “pop-up” to be very annoying and intrusive. I most certainly don’t want to see it every flippin’ time I go to the app.

Is there a way to disable it?

Best Answer
145 REPLIES 145

@SunsetRunner- didn't even last 10 minutes for me.  I'm just back to the old "click 'no thanks' every time I open the app" dance.  It's just part of using Fitbit these days, and taken with the right attitude it's a small annoyance that I can live with.  Liking it is not required (and I don't like it one little bit).

Best Answer

Yes it’s unfortunate that these companies would rather lose customers for the sake of harassing people to exploit their privacy. When I spoke to the Fitbit rep I just got the usual run around . Having your location tracked constantly not only drains the battery but also is a total invasion of privacy. And that’s the point . They want to use us to harvest data to sell to third parties . We buy a product but we can’t use it like we want . Don’t give them the benefit of the doubt. This is intentional abusive behavior. 

Best Answer

Ok good people I think all our honest feedback about the lack of respect for our privacy has been taken seriously…. It’s been almost 2 weeks , I’ve changed nothing and I have not seen the message once … however I did see all the ads for the new Fitbit charge 5… 🙂 

hope this stick and they may have just prevent an exodus to 🍎 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BradMCKI'm still seeing it every time I open the iOS app.  Not gone for me.

Best Answer

Same, next time I am gonna choose one of the Chinese players. The Location feature does not even add any value lol. At least the Chinese don't annoy me while spying on me

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and a warm welcome to our new members.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I understand how you're feeling about not being able to turn off the location services prompts and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our team is aware of this situation and while there isn't a time frame for the fix, we'll continue to monitor the situation and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other members.

I'm going to close this thread from further comments. However, if you have questions about your Fitbit device or any other features, please check our help site or create a new topic in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community. I appreciate your patience, we'll keep working to improve our services and make Fitbit more helpful for you.

Have a good day.

Best Answer