Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two devices and two users but one app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Can I have two devices used by two different people set up to sync to one app? My son (to young for a iOS device) wants my old flex since I've upgraded to one with the HR feature. I'd love for him to have it but not sure how to go about deleting my info from it or syncing it when I will have my new one on my phone. Anyone know?
Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

@Pastorkelly Welcome to the Fitbit Community. I can definitely help you out with passing your Flex to your son.

Managing two separate accounts on one single Fitbit App is possible, but it can be a pretty manual process. In order to sync your tracker to your account you have to be logged into your account. For instance, if your son has a Fitbit account with the Flex, he won't be able to background sync to your iOS device if you are logged into your Fitbit account and vice versa.

In order to set your son up with the Flex I'd recommend using the first-time setup process and to setup your Charge to your existing account, I'd recommend the replacement setup process. Click here for a breakdown of both setup processes.

Also, do you possibly have a laptop or computer that you could sync your trackers to? My thoughts are that if you do you and/or your son could sync via the Fitbit Connect Software and see your stats on Fitbit.com.

Please keep me posted Robot Happy.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

It would be nice if there was an easy way to toggle between accounts besides logging in and out of them all the time. Thanks for the information though.

Best Answer

Can I use one App to set up 2 Fitbit Charge for 2 different persons?

Best Answer

I think this person was asking, As I am as well.... can I sync my daughters surge hr to my account with my Blaze??

so 2 fitbits on 1 account for 2 people? Will it keep them separate?

Best Answer

@MichelMassie wrote:

Best Answer

@Mallinson_007 wrote:

@MichelMassie wrote:

Best Answer

Hello everyone!, I hope you're all having a great day. Smiley Happy @Mallinson_007 and @MichelMassie, have a warm welcome to the Community! 

@MichelMassie, currently it's not possible to link 2 of the same type of tracker to one Fitbit account, what is possible is having each tracker set up on a different account and use the same app on one phone. Simply switch accounts by logging out from one and logging in with the other one. To log out, go to Account and scroll down until you see the Log out button.

@CrystalGerhart and @Mallinson_007. It's possible to have 2 different types of tracker linked to the same account, for example a Surge and a Blaze can be set up on the same account, the only thing to take in consideration is that the data will be merged. My recommendation would be, if two trackers are being used by 2 different persons, create an account for each person and switch accounts on the Fitbit app, this will keep the data from each tracker separated.

@Seashell5775, at the moment the only way to switch between accounts in the Fitbit app is by logging out from one account and logging in with the other one. I think having an easier way will be amazing and I would like to encourage you to submit your idea as a suggested feature so members of the Community can vote and comment about it, this is truly the best way to make your voice heard! 

I hope this has resolved your inquiries, in case you need anything else please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

We have 2 different fit bits, two wearers. How do we sync 2nd fit bit using one email address. Fit bit device wants a different email address, we both use the same one.

Best Answer

@plstransky,

The short answer is that you can't.  Fitbit assumes that each user will have a unique e-mail address.

The long answer, depending on your domain and e-mail server, you may be able to fool Fitbit into doing it.  A little known feature of e-mail addresses is that given a particular e-mail address like user@domain.com, you may also send mail to user+spouse@domain.com (or any text, instead of 'spouse') and it'll work just fine (deliver to the same mailbox).  Granted, not all e-mail servers will do this, but many do.  So you may establish your 2nd account that way.

Also note that many free e-mail services (like outlook.com) allow you to establish a 2nd e-mail address (they call it an alias) that delivers to the same mailbox.  That will certainly work.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hello @plstransky, I hope you're having a great day. Thanks for joining the conversation @PureEvil and thanks for your insight, I find it really hepful. Robot Happy

@plstransky, as @PureEvil mentioned, ideally you will need 2 different email addresses to set up a tracker on each of them. You can, however, set up 2 Fitbit trackers in one account assuming they're not the same model, for example, 1 Charge and 1 Alta, but 2 Altas can't be set up on the same account. The only disadvantage of having 2 trackers used by different people in 1 account is that the information will merge and you won't be able to distinguish which one is yours and which one is your daughter's 

My recommendation is setting up each tracker to their respectives email addresses, then using your phone, you can alternate between accounts by going to Account > Logout in order to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply! 

Best Answer

Can I use one App to set up 3 Fitbit Charge for my 2 dogs and me ? It's lovely if Fitbit can design some band for dogs 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Fitbit community - Like many of the other users, I have a young person in my house who desires to have a Fibit to compete with me, but can't because we only have one device (app).  Santa brought him a Garmin and their app is great!  It allows multi-trackers in the same app and encourages competition while giving the parent/adult access and user control. Unfortunately, the Garmin is too bulky for him and he still desires a Fitbit (like Mommy).  I'm hoping a Product Owner finds this post and prioritizes this feature soon!  This is a GREAT marketing opportunity.

Best Answer

@Danyyu,

Look for a product called Fitbark, it is designed for your four-legged friends.  I believe that it also integrates with Fitbit (on their end) so you can compare human vs. canine activity.

@JayBee16,

Depending on which tracker you got it may come with a Fitbit USB Dongle.  If you use the dongle and a computer to sync (through Fitbit Connect), it'll sync all nearby Fitbits.  In other words, both yours and his.  You can then look at his data and your data on different devices.  Like yours on the Fitbit App and his on a web browser.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Can someone please answer this question!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Needssomehelp, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

As mentioned before, you can have 2 trackers paired to the same account, however, please take in consideration the following points:

• It's not possible to have 2 of the same type of tracker paired. For instance, you can't have 2 Charge HR in the same account, but you can have one Charge HR and one Charge 2. 
  • If 2 people are using 2 different trackers in one account, the information will merge constantly, meaning that 2 profiles can't coexist in one account, in this case is recommended having one account for each person. 
  • You can use one mobile device to keep track of various accounts and sync different trackers with their respective accounts, simply log out from the app whenever you'd like to switch between them. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do to help you, please keep me posted. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

My son uses my email account, which we use to set up his charge 2. Now that I have a blaze, I would like to know if I can set it up in the same email account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Cher_6283, thanks for joining the conversation, is nice to see new faces around! Smiley Happy

If your son has a Charge 2 set up on his account (under his email address), you can set up your Blaze in here as well but please note that you can't have different profiles on one account, meaning that the steps, calories burned, distance and other data will merge on a single account which might cause accuracy issues on the trackers. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

Hi.

I know this thread is about iOS, but my question is about Android. My guess is its the same answer, but here it goes...

I have an original Charge HR, and a new Charge HR 2. Can I sync both, if I create a second account, to 1 device?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a fitbit and now my husband has one how can I setup his.  He does not have a smart phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes