Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two devices and two users but one app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Can I have two devices used by two different people set up to sync to one app? My son (to young for a iOS device) wants my old flex since I've upgraded to one with the HR feature. I'd love for him to have it but not sure how to go about deleting my info from it or syncing it when I will have my new one on my phone. Anyone know?
Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

I’ve been reading the messages above.  Just bought Fitbit charges for mom and dad.  Dad doesn’t have smartphone.  I understand they can both sync to same phone with different accounts.  My question is how often would they need to sync?  Could dad sign in once per week and have all previous data sync?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Trinapierce,

Welcome to the community!

Fitbit trackers will keep detailed (minute by minute) information for up to a week and summarized information (daily totals) for up to a month.  So your dad can go up to a week before syncing without too much hassle.

That said, if your dad has friends on Fitbit, they may invite him to challenges.  When they do, he'll want to run the Fitbit App and sync regularly.  That said, there are other ways to sync and run the Fitbit App other than a smartphone, they include:

• Windows, Android, and iOS tablets
  • a Windows 10 computer
  • an iPod Touch

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

My 2 daughters (8 & 10) and I purchased all Flex 2 trackers to compete against each other for better health. My daughters are young and do not yet have iPhones.  It would be nice if I could sync their FitBit accounts w there Flex2 on my 1 IPhone (IPhone X).  

It it seems I can log into their FitBit accounts from the app but can’t sync their data because my phone won’t recognize multiple Flex2s. 

Luckily we have 2 iPads that they can sync with, but we don’t carry those everywhere so they can’t receive instant gratification. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dawnesprouse,

If you get a Fitbit Dongle and run Fitbit Connect on Windows (or the Fitbit App in classic Fitbit Connect mode on Windows 10), it'll sync all nearby Fitbits.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer

Can I use my iphone for my existing Fitbit charge 2 and the same phone to set up my husbands Fitbit Versa special edition?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lindaharthun,

Welcome to the community!

The answer to that is 'yes' and 'no'...

Can you setup your husband's Versa Special Edition on your iPhone?

"Yes"...  You'd have to:

1. Log out of your account.
  2. Create an account for your husband with his e-mail.
  3. Pair the Versa.

This will establish an account for your husband.

"No"...  In order for your husband to continue to use his Versa, you'll have to:

1. Log out of your account.
  2. Log into his account.
  3. Sync his Versa.
  4. Log out of his account.
  5. Log back in to your account.

And you'll need to do this every time he wants to sync his Versa...  Not to mention that he won't get many of the features for the Versa (like notifications, connected GPS, tap to pay, etc.)

So I don't recommend doing this, but strictly speaking, you can set it up.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer

I would like to set my wifes fitbit on my fitbit app

Best Answer

Hello @petsie, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums, I'll be happy to assist you with your request. First of all, would you like to set up your wife's tracker on your account or use the Fitbit app to set it up on her own account? If it's the first, simply set it up as a new device in your account following these steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

Please note that you won't be able to set up 2 of the same device on your account, meaning that if you already have a Charge 2 in the account, you won't be able to set up another Charge 2. This also applies if you have an Ionic and you want to set up a Versa, as both share the same FitbitOS. 

On the contrary, if you'd like to set up your wife's tracker on her own account but using the Fitbit app on your phone, please log out from your account first, then log in with her account and perform the steps described earlier. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is something Fitbit needs to address. Spouses each have identical devices and use the same computer to keep track. The app needs to accommodate switching between profiles.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it still the case that you can't sync two separate devices & owners with one desktop application without logging out of one account and into another?

A very simple idea that has been floating around since 2017, plenty of good use cases for it in the thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@peohara  and @inkbluemalone,

First, you can get this to work already.  You'll need to get a Fitbit USB dongle for $7, and then you'll need to enable that on the app:

fitbit-connect-classic.jpg

Second, you can do this even without the dongle.  The only sane way to manage this scenario (multiple users on one computer) is to create another user account on that computer.  Your Fitbit settings is just the tip of the iceberg, what about other settings like:

• Browser settings (bookmarks, cookies, etc.)
  • Personal settings (backgrounds, colors, etc.)
  • Device settings (left vs. right handed mouse, DPI scaling, etc.)

Trust me, user accounts are the way to go.  And if you do this right (use picture password), you can switch accounts in literally five mouse clicks; it's less work than logging out and logging back in.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband has a Fitbit alta on my 'phone - can I add a Fitbit inspire with my name to the same app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lesleyanne66 thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for posting your question. Indeed, you can create your own Fitbit account and log in to the app in your phone to set up your Fitbit Inspire. Note that if your husband wants to use your phone to sync his Alta, you will need to log out from your account and he will need to log in to it. 

Thanks again for your participation in the Forums, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution has gone backwards, for anyone coming here now. There is no Fitbit Connect and the desktop app now requires the same logout/login swap for two users to sync on the same device. I even tried to install it twice and run both but it led to all sorts of issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No you cannot.  You CAN have 2 fitbits on the same account BUT it records them both together as 1 person. 

Example, If I used my Baze Only at the Gym, but I switched them out & Only used my surge at work.....  it will combine them for the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have 2 different devices.  I  lost the Flex 2 when I was admitted to a hospital unconscious from a stroke.  I bought a Versa to replace.  I prefer the versa for it's superior sleep tracking and stair counting, but missed the water-proof feature of the Flex 2.  The Flex 2 was returned to me and I want to have both sync to one account .  There was a post about the disadvantages of having 2 on the same account because the data would merge, but that's exactly why I want both.  I didn't see any instructions to set up that way.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They’ll automatically merge. I had mine & my daughter on same account & it added our steps & everything together which I didn’t want, but for you, using them yourself at different times it’ll be perfect for you.

Thanks
~Crystal, Tad, Chandler, & Kierstyn Gerhart~
Best Answer
0 Votes

@pattycolleen,

I think it's simpler than you're anticipating.  Do this:

1. Run your Fitbit App on your phone.
  2. Go to your account.
  3. Below where you see your Versa listed, tap on "Set up a Device".
  4. Follow the instructions on setting up your Versa.

This will set up your Flex 2 in addition to your Versa, they'll both work fine in your account.

That said, the Versa is rated at the same level of water resistance ("Water resistant up to 50 meters") as the Flex 2 ("Swim proof up to 50m.").

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CrystalGerhart @PureEvil 

Thanks for replying.  Quite a long time ago, I wasn't able to sync 2 devices to one account and I hadn't tried lately.  Now that I have done it, I'm not sure I see the benefit.  As PureEvil mentioned, the water resistance is not a factor.  The other reason I wanted to do it is that I wanted a backup when my Versa was charging, but it turns out that the time it takes to fully charge is so fast, there wouldn't be a need for a backup.  The one downside I have found is that the sleep time doubles if I wear both to bed. (I only did that to compare the accuracy go the Flex2).  I think I will retire the Flex2 and use it if something happens to my Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I read your response about dad not having a phone and syncing to same phone with a different account.  Can you share please how to go about doing this?  I have my Fitbit versa 2 set up and I would like to add my husbands Fitbit versa 2 as well.  

Thank you in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes