Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login on IOS app - Networkbitkit.HTTPError error 1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not able to login to IOS app - been going on for a few days. IOS version 10.3.3. Receive error: "Networkbitkit.HTTPError error 1". Any solutions to this?

Best Answer
147 REPLIES 147

I turned my phone off and back on, I’m on iOS 11.4 and no I haven’t tried to update my Fitbit. What the problem but more importantly what’s the fix

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've already tried. If you're still getting the "Networkbitkit.HTTPError error 1" when trying to log in to your account, please try the following:

1. Toggle Bluetooth off/on
2. Toggle Wi-Fi off/on
3. Login via Wi-Fi connection, not with cellular data. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did u fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thanks for responding and suggesting some solutions. Tried 1 and 2 with no change. Also switched off phone and turned back on. Don’t understand no. 3 suggestion. As far as I know I always login with WiFi.
The issue started after our internet had been disconnected due to storm, not sure if this had any influence on issue or just co-incidence.(APP closed at time )
Where to from here?
Look forward to hearing from you.
Many thanks
Sent from my iPhone

UPDATE:

Still not fixed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got it fixed

Lisa
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Vickykorati and @Angelsgrandma, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Thanks for taking the time to reply @SunsetRunner, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@Angelsgrandma, I appreciate you have let us know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. 

@Vickykorati and @SunsetRunner, if you're still getting the error message, please try to log in using a different WiFi network and check if there's a child-block set up on yours, as this might prevent the app from logging in as well. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
I turned off my VPN connection and rebooted my phone.
Best Answer

I have the same problem: i already restarted my phone, turned on/off Bluetooth an WiFi, but the error is still there. I‘m using iOS 11.4. The last update of the app was on 2018/06/12.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up logging onto a friends WiFi and it worked again - at home too. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @SunsetRunner, now the app works again 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing here. This happened before a number of times. Very frustrating. RThis combined with the poor quality of Fitbit HR (replaced three times and now have another broken one!) it is definitely time to change to a different manufacturer!

I'm sick of this happening. I expect it to fail now! Only for me to go in to it on another day and find it is logged in!?

Sorry, it is bye bye to Fitbit for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
It’s jus wont happen on wifi
1. Switch off the wifi
2. Switch on mobile data
3. Then connect ur versa ( it ll connect ) without throwing that error
4. Then switch on wifi and continue with installation.
5. It worked with my versa and my wife’s device as well.
6. Try and get back to me

Regards
Vivek A Korati
Best Answer
0 Votes
I already said I had this taken care of

Lisa
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Good to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm happy to see that these tips have worked for most of you. For those who are still having problems, please, make sure you're following the instructions in the order that @MarcoFitbit and other users have detailed above and if that still doesn't work, we'd expect this to be resolved soon.

Thank you all for your patience with this. Anything else you may need help with, let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

The solution seems to be to turn off your network, allowing your device to use the mobile network.  You should be able to use the app.  In fact, once logged in, you should be able to switch on the WiFi once again.  Those with VPN connections on your phone will find that's all you need.  I suspect the trouble began when fit bit choose to use a really crappy service called CloudFlare.  They claim it to help network security but it doesn't as you can VPN around it.

Hope this helps

Henry

Best Answer

Hello @windquest, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience with us and for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've successfully tried, I'm sure they will be very helpful for other members of the Community facing the same situation. 

Thanks again for your insight about this situation, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried all of the suggestions above. Nothing works, and hasn’t for months.

The fact is, in 2018, people shouldn’t have to do the job of resetting your apps TCP connections.

Im not interested in work arounds anyway - please just advise me if this issue is on an engineering team backlog to actually fix? If so, please advise an estimated time to fix.

If not, that’s cool, I’ll bin the Fitbit and get something that actually works.

thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @username121118, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting us know you've already tried several troubleshooting steps and are still unable to log in to your account. Would it be possible for you to reply to me with a screenshot of the error message you're getting? That will be very helpful for me to check this further to see if it's an ongoing issue or if we can do something about it. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The error is exactly as described in the title of this thread.

Networkbitkit.HTTPError error 1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @username121118, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes