Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstalled apps still in notification list

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Apps that have been deleted from my phone are still listed under the silent notification apps list.
Is this a known bug?

Edit: Can this thread be deleted?

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Thanks for being part of the Community @SunsetRunner! I would like you to provide me with more details about the silent notification apps list. Where exactly are you seeing this? Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

If you already uninstalled the apps, they shouldn't show in anything. You may want to reboot your phone and check if it has been resolved. 

Keep me posted! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, here's where the list is.

Start the iOS app -> Account -> Blaze -> Notifications -> App Notifications.

This list is full off applications that can send notifications to the watch. The problem is when I delete an app from my phone. It's still in the fitbit applications. Some may change names and some do not.

See the screenshot attached.

com.* are deleted applications and also the games.

IMG_3770.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SunsetRunner, it's nice to have you in the Community!

Thank you for the screenshot attached in your post, that helped me to understand better this issue. My recommendation is to turn off the notifications, log out and log back in from the Fitbit app, turn on the notifications and check if you still have them on the list. If this does not delete them from the app I suggest uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit App.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have questions. Cat Wink

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am haveing the same problem, I did the log out and back in again. That did not work nor did deleting the app. I feel that the problem is within each Fitbit users account. I hope thats not the case, are there any other ways I can get rid of the apps I have deleted?

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestions, but they did not work for me. Think this is a bug in the software itself.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @scoobamg, welcome to the Fitbit Community!. 

I hope you're doing well @SunsetRunner. Would it be possible for you to try logging out from the app one more time, then restart your phone and logging back in? That will help us check if it's indeed a but affecting the app. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding, keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did  exactly as you instructed. I logged out, close the app, I did a soft reboot of my phone, open the app, and log back in. Nothing has changed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not solve it for me either 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner @scoobamg Yeah, looks like there currently isn't a way to remove apps from that list. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer

This is a serious privacy concern. When transfering a fitbit device to a new owner, any app notifications that the previous owner sent to the device will appear in the new owner's account when the device is linked. This includes apps that the new owner has never downloaded.

Tested with a transferred fitbit Blaze, with a brand new account setup for the new owner. The original owner's apps appear in the "Notifications" screen for the Blaze when it is linked to the new account. Definitely not okay.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Here’s how I fixed mine:

- Disconnect your Fitbit from your phone (Bluetooth settings)

- Go into the Fitbit app and turn off all notifications (not sure if this is necessary but it’s what I did)

- Disconnect your Fitbit from the app

- Log out of the app

- Delete the app

- Restart your phone

Then redownload and set up your Fitbit. Your past information should still be there, but it won’t have all of the past apps. I’m not sure if EVERY one of these steps is required, but I did it and it worked for me. Hope this helps, as I was having the exact same problem! 🙂

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for taking the time to list the steps you've followed in order to resolve this issue on your side, I'm sure they will be very helpful to other members of the Community facing the same situation. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Your solution worked for me, thank you very much!

That said, this is the only solution I’ve found anywhere in the FitBit documentation or community. I have no idea why it’s even necessary since when I first set up the my Blaze with my account, I essentially did these steps with my new account anyway, but I digress.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit @AndrewFitbit

The solution posted by @SunsetRunner needs to be added to the official FitBit documentation/FAQs, as this is a problem with an unusual workaround that affects multiple users.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @credwards27 I appreciate you have joined the conversation, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. 

I appreciate you have let us know @SunsetRunner troubleshooting steps had been helpful to you, I'm very glad and we'll take your insight in consideration.

If there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is an issue on the Fitbit app since 2016 as you can see here:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Uninstalled-apps-still-in-notification-list/td-p/1661279

The notifications app list shows app that doesn't exist on the phone. Can be possible to fix this please?

Best Answer

I agree with the above. I don’t need to see all my kids apps on my notifications app list. There should be a way to delete them off if desired 

Best Answer

This is a lot of steps that Fitbit can solve very easy. 

Hire an App Developer to write a code that allows users to pick what apps they want to sync and those they wouldn’t 

Best Answer

I just tried it and it didn’t work for me. That’s also a very old solution, so Fitbit needs to come up with something. 

Best Answer
0 Votes