Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded my I phone to iOS 10.0.1

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After upgrade to iSO track exercise option disapeared

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46
Since I updated my phone to iOS 10, the "track exercise " icon is gone from my Fitbit app. I used to touch the + icon, and my phone would use its gps to track my walks, and tell me my pace. What happened?
Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I upgraded my iPhone to I OS 10 and I lost my track a workout button
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have combined several threads since you all are experiencing the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've experienced a fair amount of freezing while using the app, usually happens after clicking on different stuff then trying to get back to the main menu.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed on my iPhone 6S that using 'force touch' on the app icon gives me the shortcut.  I may use this option even after they fix this bug, as it's more convenient, if you have a model with force/3D touch.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Got it thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ever since the update to ios10 - when I hit then"+" at the bottom I no longer have the "Log Activity" option. How do I log in the exercise activities that I do now?
Best Answer
0 Votes

merging your similar issue to the ios10 thread Tliolos,

the fix is here from the exercise tile on dashboard...

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, have an iPhone6+, just updated from iOS 9.3 to 10.0.1

Launch the fitbit App with no problem.

Tapped every dashboard box for more info.

No trouble found. Seamless update.

Big benefit I found, I can understand voice cues!

( >Account>Exercise Tracking>slide on "Play During Exercise" )

Also no more calculating stride length, slide on Set Automatically and everytime you use GPS the values are updated to YOUR ACTUAL stride length for fitbit - I checked the internet dashboard and it matched the mobile results.  Very nice.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here, have you heard of any solutions? I searched and had seen a number of bugs with the upgrade, but nothing specific to Fitbit "track exercise" disappear..
Best Answer
0 Votes

I hit the gear in the exercise icon and all that came up is my exercise goals.

Can someone walk me through the steps to log my mileage that didn't get picked up while on the treadmill! I use this feature and miss it now that I have ios10

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have the stopwatch icon. Is that something I need to manually add to my dashboard?

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you have an iPhone with 3D Touch I found out if you hold the Fitbit app icon down the track exercise option comes up. You can tap it and log your treadmill workouts. This is a work around but still not a fix! Come on, Fitbit.
Best Answer

Hi there everyone. Let me start with giving you a warm welcome to @Louie7545, @SunsetRunner, @chad1776@wdonaldson1@PE74@Phgerin@mms2000@colleenyoga@MrGPZ@jamesnseattle@Psparklin@Tliolos@dschmidt918@edsfb. And good to see you around @SunsetRunner, @FlyBuck@audiracer2002@mhgerhold@JDipiet@blee12.

Also thank you for merged all the similar post in one thread @wmchapman and @SunsetRunner.

I was reading your post and it seems the Track Exercise option from the Plus icon on the main Dashboard has gone. So far we don't have new updates about a change from Fitbit's end. In order to replicate the scenario I tested this with @AndreaFitbit and we updated the OS to the new version. In fact, the option of Track Exercise is not available from the quick menu anymore.

iOS 10.png

I will pass this information to our teammates to investigate further. In the meantime the workaround shared by @mms2000 its a good way to track your exercise.

As soon we got more updates we will let you know. Thank you for your patience and see you around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Hi, for info it's also available by holding the Fitbit app icon as a
shortcut. It was just a sudden unexpected change.

Moderator Edit: Personal Information

Best Answer
I've narrowed my issues down to 2 major ones that are quite annoying. Sometimes I'll click on a tile and it'll highlight but won't segue into the actual tile menu. The second issue I have is I'll go into a tile menu (for example heart rate) and swipe between the graphs at the top then sometimes the back button won't work. The only way to fix both these problems have been to force quit the app.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. That is very helpful!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for looking into this. And thanks for the suggestion on a different way to track exercise.

Sent from Julie's iPad Air
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for posting this!

Clearly, I see how dependent/ addicted I've become at logging all my exercise eeek!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Smiley Surprised awesome! thank you you taught me something new!

Best Answer
0 Votes