Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not connecting to Bluetooth

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not connecting to Bluetooth for a Versa and my friends Charge 2

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Frazierjoyce, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Please note that Fitbit devices do not sync nor pair directly through the Bluetooth settings on your phone but through the Fitbit app. With that said, if your Versa and your friend's Charge 2 are having trouble syncing, I would like to suggest you to try the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
133 REPLIES 133

Hello @Frazierjoyce, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Please note that Fitbit devices do not sync nor pair directly through the Bluetooth settings on your phone but through the Fitbit app. With that said, if your Versa and your friend's Charge 2 are having trouble syncing, I would like to suggest you to try the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

My Fitbit is not connecting either. I’ve disconnected, reconnected. Restarted my phone multiple times over the last couple of days and am having problems. My Versa is supposed to update automatically but isn’t doing so. And I’m frustrated!!! It’s practically brand new.

Best Answer
Hold the power button on your watch till the Fitbit icon comes up then release. Worked for me and hope this helps

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer

Me too!!! What can we do??

Best Answer

No. Didn’t work . It says no device found. My time is losing minutes

Best Answer
Contact Fitbit directly and let them know what’s going on with your Fitbit 

Joyce

Best Answer

Thank you. I did and they are sending me a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's great

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happening to me...I’m hearing it’s a Fitbit update issue but they aren’t getting in front of it and just keep telling us to do the same unhelpful steps. I’ve done them a dozen times now. My Fitbit versa is only 8 months old. I’m losing patience with Fitbit and thinking Apple might get by business soon if they don’t fix this.

Best Answer
Call Fitbit themselves and let them know what’s going on. Got same message last night and the person called and they are sending a new one to him/her

Joyce

Best Answer

Agreed. I am having the same issues, my phone finds the device and I'm able to place the code that flashes on my versa, and the app says: Not Working? Try charging, disconnecting Bluetooth, or restarting. It's obnoxious as these devices are not cheap!

Best Answer
Thats true.  Try calling fitbit and explain what's happening and they might replace it.  Let me know what you find out

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes! They are sending me a replacement! It wouldn’t hold a sync.and said “no device found”. I only bought it in May..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine also wouldn’t hold A SYNC. They are sending me a replacement!!! I had only bought it in May.

Best Answer
0 Votes

how much hoops did they make you jump through before they agreed to replace it? I’ve been doing (and doing and doing and doing) all their steps for days and it doesn’t help. Do they make you do it all again?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
Thats great.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not much but I’m sure it depends on who you get.
I told him I’d been working on it for 3 days....installed the update (UGH Horrible).
Then he asked if I had tried everything on the HELP link. After that I had to tell him what type of phone I had and who I bought it from.
I only bought it in May from Amazon

God is good all the time and all the time God is good.
Best Answer

Hi ,I had to do a hard reset on my versa, and how can’t get my phone to find it , Bluetooth are connect to WiFi don’t find anything, all happened after my iPhone 8 Plus  did a software update , only just had my watch a year so not happy 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Makes me not want to get another Fitbit 

Best Answer