Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Fitbit be compatible with the iPhone X?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was told Fitbit isn't compatible with the iPhone x  or ios 11. 

Fitbit rep stated they don't  know when there will be an update to fix this.

I can't even use the gps to map my walks. This is very upsetting.

Best Answer
99 REPLIES 99

Hello @gandj3028, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. At this moment, even if the iPhone X is not yet compatible for some features such as MobileTrack, the Fitbit app has been optimized for iOS 11 and should be working fine with this OS version. At this moment I would like to gather some information from you so I can assist you further with your issue:

• Which tracker are you currently using?
  • Which iOS version is your phone running?
  • Which Fitbit app have you installed on your phone (go to Account > Help to check the app version)
  • What kind of map issues are you experiencing with the app and your tracker? Please elaborate with as many details as you can. Any screenshot you might want to share will be helpful as well

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Hi Marco,

I’m unable to sync my charge 2 to my iphone X.

phone is running on iOS 11.1.1

fitbit app version is updated as version 2.43.

I have tried restarting the Fitbit 

i have tried turning off and on the Bluetooth 

i have tried to remove charge 2 from my account and set it up again. Now it can’t set up.

grateful if you can assist.

Thanks

Hui Chng

Best Answer

I am using an Ionic with iOS 11.1 on an iPhone X with no issues. The GPS walks are tracking appropriately - I have done several. 

The only thing I can see that isn’t quite right is that the app doesn’t fill the entire screen yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here.  I have the iPhone X with the latest 11.1.2 update.  I can open the app, but it doesn't do anything. 

My Fitbit works - that not the issue.  It's the not syncing on my app, not updating my challenges, nor my food logs.  It's quite frustrating.

Best Answer

Same issue here. I can't pair my fitbit blaze with my iphone x. Anxiously waiting for a fix!

Best Answer

For the amount of money you guys charge for these devices one would think that you’d be on top of it rather than failing to even keep up with a new released IOS, especially when it’s been out for many months now on the dev side. My Fitbit app comes and goes staying connected to my iPhone X and my ionic; $300 is too much to pay for something that is pretty much useless. If not ready by the end of this week I’ll be getting myself a different watch to use as there’s many others out now that is iOS 11 compatible. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issues it seems as the original poster. I can sync it but can't get notifications. Is that a known issue?

Best Answer

I just got an iPhone X and it doesn’t recognize my Fitbit charge hr. The time is wrong and it won’t sync with the app. When will this be fixed? Please. 

Best Answer

Where can we, or when can we get an update on the status with the iPhone X and Charge 2? 

I didn't even think to check if an app with the adoption of fitbit would be ready on day 1 for the new iPhone - I just expected it. 

Now I'm stuck with a Fitbit that doesn't sync. I have an unbroken streak of 100k or more steps per week for the past 2 years... looks like my streak is about to end. Maybe it is time for an Apple Watch. 

Best Answer

My problem was I couldn't sync my Fitbit Blaze with my iPhone X -- it didn't recognize it.  There is a fix if you have or can borrow someone's Fitbit HR doggle.  My previous Fitbit was an HR so I fortunately had an HR doggle. The tech support that I just talked to said they can mail you one to fix this particular issue. If you are having the same problem that I had, contact Fitbit directly and they will walk you through the entire fix. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. It's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community @CarrieRuth, and @markfeinholz, welcome aboard. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, even though the iPhone X hasn't been added to the list of compatible devices, I would like to point out that the Fitbit app has been made compatible with iOS 11 a couple updates ago. At this moment, if you're having trouble syncing, getting Notifications or setting up a tracker on your iOS 11 device, please update the app if you haven't already. 

If you're still having trouble syncing or setting up your tracker, please follow these instructions:

• Restart your tracker
  • Restart your phone
  • Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices, if it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  • Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the syncing/setup process.
  • Open the Fitbit app and pull down the screen to start a sync. 
  • If you're having trouble setting up your tracker go to Account > Set up a New Device and start the process again.

Now, if you're not yet receiving Notifications, please follow the instructions listed on my post to reset Notifications on your tracker. Please note that the Blaze, Ionic and Charge 2 have a "Do Not Disturb" mode that prevents them from getting Notifications:

• For the Charge 2, press down the button on the side for 2 seconds while on the clock face, a vibration and a message will let you know if Notifications have been turned on or off.
  • For the Blaze, swipe down the screen while on the clock face, here you will be able to turn Notifications on or off.
  • For the Ionic, while on the clock face, swipe right and under Notifications you can choose between OFF and Receive from phone.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer

I have also done every single step mentioned above and NOTHING. The charge 2 is quickly/easily picked up by my iPad Pro running iOS 11.1, but NOTHING will make it connect to my iPhone X. Can’t believe this isn’t something Fitbit is completely aware of and on top of rather than asking elementary questions of bewilderment. 

Best Answer

Fitbit moderator - Please give us an understanding that you know this is an issue and is being worked on and ideally an expectation for when our devices (Charge 2 HR in my case) will be able to work with iPhone X.  

My scenario: Trying to “add device” the Charge does not work. The wizard just spins and cannot find the device.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please help...my Fitbit Alta syncs to my app on my new iPhone X, but it does not send notifications to my Fitbit like it used to with my 6s. When is this going to be addressed and fixed for the new iPhone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing is working. I'm even having difficulty with the phone so It's a combination I think.  Very frustrating. My phone will have on the bluetooth screen 'Blaze" and "Blaze Classic' on the the paired devices so I don't know what is to be  active.  Currently, my Blaze doesn't even have a Blaze classic to pair on the settings screen so it won't pair now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried everything.   Bluetooth does not pic it up

Best Answer

Hello @wolfmania11@CarrieRuth and @MAGA100x, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you around too @LarrySFSmiley Happy

I understand your concern about this situation involving Fitbit trackers and the new iPhone X and I'll make sure to forward the information you have provided to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. Once I have more information to share with you regarding this issue, I'll update the thread accordingly. 

@CarrieRuth, the difference between Blaze and Blaze Classic is that Blaze Classic is the one used for Music Control; this will appear as not connected if you're not using your Blaze to control the music from your phone. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
Got it to work
Call Fitbit customer service

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Can you please share what you did to make it work to spare others having to call customer service? Would be very grateful!!!! Thank you.