Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 11 - App 2.41.1+ crashing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 1/31/2018: There were some fixes made in recent update 2.45, that will resolve the issue of crashing in some instances. Please update your app if you are experiencing this. We are aware that there are still reports of app crashing when sharing a post to friends or groups as feed data is loading, our team is working on this. Thanks as always for your patience. 

Fitbit Update: 11/2/17

Hi, everyone!

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the Fitbit for iOS app crashing. Our team is still looking into this app crash for all of you. I will update this thread when I have more information on a fix. I really appreciate your patience while this is investigated. 

Fitbit Update: 10/23/17 

iOS Family!

I'm aware that many of you are experiencing app crashes when using the Fitbit for iOS app, since the iOS 11 update. Most commonly, the app is crashing when viewing the Community or Notifications tab or tapping on a Friend. Our team is aware of these frequent crashes and I appreciate you all bringing this to our attention. When there is more information available, I will provide an update here. Thanks, everyone! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80
It’s still a problem and it’s been going on long enough. I’m shopping for a Garmin Black Friday.

Sent from my iPad
R D Peterson
Best Answer

My husband just got the Fitbit Glaze for me, cause my Polar was too old, but I just found out the issue when you update iOs... So basically I have a new watch which I can't use it cause my iPhone is updated with iOS 11.1.2.... Such a thing. Smiley Frustrated

p.s. At least my old Polar never failed me 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I looked at the Manuel and it states how to set it up. I did everything it
stated and now I can receive my text messages.
Best Answer
0 Votes

App is still crashing constantly. It’s not even useable at this point.

Best Answer

The watch is blocked it is not charging

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is been going on for months now since upgrading to iOS 11 with no resolution. The app continues to crash when accessing the community section, when accepting friend requests, when going to a friend’s profile and even when looking at exercise history. I’m on the latest version of iOS, Fitbit app and Blaze has latest firmware as well as my Aria. This is disappointing and frustrating especially because it’s been going on for so long. Maybe it’s time I gave up on this 😞

Best Answer
I love my Garmin 935

Sent from my iPad
R D Peterson
Best Answer

My Fitbit app will not stop crashing. It will sync my information but when I’m scrolling through community, looking at stats, or challenges, it will just close out. This is a very annoying issue. I have an iPhone X that is running the latest version of iOS and a Fitbit Ionic. The app needs to be fixed. When will this be happening as this seems to be an issue for many people since October? 

Best Answer

I have the original fit charge HR, and just upgrade my app yesterday. And it keeps on syncing and crash for two days! My fitbit is showing November date since my last charge, and nothing can be synced to my app!! Checking on this message and seems a lot of ppl have this issues and official replays are really doing nothing other than comfort customers with words. 

Do you really have a team try to solve the problem? I am not going to buy any of your fancy generations since you dont really help with existing customers at all! 

Now this fitbit is just working as an stop watch... paid $120 for a stop watch, so sadly saying, i rather pay $300 for iwatch or garmin- at least they work on solving problems. 

Best Answer

I just ran the latest update about 3 days ago and the app won’t sync with my charge hR now either. It’s been Hinky for a couple months and now it just sits there and says “looking” and does nothing. I have to open and close the app multiple times to get it to find my hr. It’s getting painful. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am a Fitbit customer not a Fitbit employee.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m a customer too and don’t know why I keep getting these messages.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not able to connect my Ionic with my IPhone SE iOS is 11.2.5

from toady evening my data in Ionic is not sync with my phone and after restarting my phone my Bluetooth with Ionic is also lost  ( connection unsuccessful make sure Ionic is in range) 

please advise

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just purchased a Fitbit ulta today and it does not connect to my Apple iPhone 8 Plus. Why is this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The first thing that came to my mind is the Bluetooth on your phone not being turned on. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bluetooth.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone- There were some fixes made in recent update 2.45, that will resolve the issue of crashing in some instances. Please update your app if you are experiencing this. We are aware that there are still reports of app crashing when sharing a post to friends or groups as feed data is loading, our team is working on this. Thanks as always for your patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

It just started crashing today. I've updated everything, any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @sewpie, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Tell me, is the app crashing immediately after you open it or in a specific screen? Are you able to sync your Fitbit device? If so, I would like to suggest you to uninstall the Fitbit app, restart your phone and install the app again. 

Note that your device can only store up to 7 days of detailed information so if you haven't synced it in more than 7 days, you might lose some of the information that haven't been synced when uninstalling the app. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome.  

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I used the chat and it's all fixed now. Thanks for responding.

Susan

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life.
Best Answer
0 Votes