Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app crash 3.6

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 9/17/2019: We have released iOS app version 3.6.1 to all users. Please update your app to this version. It is recommended to all experiencing continuous crashes and should resolve this issue. 

Hi Everyone - I've merged several posts together. 

We're aware of an issue that may cause some iOS users to experience a continuous crash when trying to open the app after updating to version 3.6.

To resolve this, please try to uninstall and reinstall the app from the app store. Even if you have tried this previously, please try again. 

If this does not work, our team is working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
532 REPLIES 532

Uninstalled on current iPhones and iPad and current OS and still crashing on bot upon login.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Uninstalled and reinstalled app loads of times on mine and my husband’s phone but it didn’t fix

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same in my situation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn’t uninstall/install it again... but it started working for me all of a sudden. M

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me after several hours of trying.

iPhone X latest OS updated last night

deleted existing Charge 3 in devices (not sure if it helps, but i deleted it)

Delete Fitbit app

turn off bluetooth (don't know if it helps but i did)

reboot phone

load app

Turn on bluetooth

App seems to work, currently updating Versa 2

Will then try to add Charge 3 back

Best Answer
0 Votes

Uninstalled and reinstalled.  It worked long enough to update today's steps.  When I tried to open it again it just continues to crash, same as before.

Best Answer

I posted earlier about the crash. And I can confirm now that after a delete of the Fitbit app then restarting my iPhone and then re-installing the Fitbit app. It worked!!!

Thank you Fitbit for the quick fix/response!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Working now! thank you.😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

What did you do to get it working if I may ask, mine has been down since 12 today & I have tried all of the things people post here & still crashes 😞

Best Answer

Did anyone uninstall and then try reinstalling, but it won't even download? So now I don't even have the app on my phone.  Ridiculous.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Uninstalling the app will delete all data  as well, no? 

If so, this is not an acceptable workaround. 

Best Answer

I get a caution "deleting the app removes its data" so I didn't delete it.

Still won't work. SIGH

Best Answer

Started working again for me just now without having to re-install. I do have automated updates on though.

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • IPad with IOS 12.
  • Fitbit app version 3.6.
  • After several app crashes I deleted the Fitbit app & restarted my iPad.
  • Reinstalled Fitbit app but the problem did not resolve i.e. constant app crashes.
  • My Charge 3 appears to be working but my grandson's Ace is dead (fully charged last night).

Best Answer
0 Votes

IOS 12.4 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I deleted the app, then restarted my phone. Then re-installed the app. And it started working just fine as before.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I deleted the app, then restarted my phone. Then re-installed the app. And it started working just fine as before.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you not lose your data?
--
Rom on iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
The data will still be there once you reinstall app and login to your account.
I deleted the app, then restarted my phone. Then re-installed the app. And it started working just fine as before with all my data still intact.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope, data still there once you reinstall app and login to your account.
I deleted the app, then restarted my phone. Then re-installed the app. And it started working just fine as before with all my data still there.
Best Answer
0 Votes