Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app crash 3.6

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 9/17/2019: We have released iOS app version 3.6.1 to all users. Please update your app to this version. It is recommended to all experiencing continuous crashes and should resolve this issue. 

Hi Everyone - I've merged several posts together. 

We're aware of an issue that may cause some iOS users to experience a continuous crash when trying to open the app after updating to version 3.6.

To resolve this, please try to uninstall and reinstall the app from the app store. Even if you have tried this previously, please try again. 

If this does not work, our team is working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
532 REPLIES 532

I have deleted app and reinstalled 4 times now but will try yet again. Thanks to the team for working on a fix. 

Best Answer

Tried everything suggested including Roderick's, no luck. Only way my device syncs is when I start the newly installed app----then when I try to close and re-open on my iPhone, it flashes and goes to heaven,   Fix this Fitbit!

Best Answer

App is still crashing for me. Glad it’s working for some now. Would really like mine to begin working again. 

Best Answer

This is terrible! Please fix it ASAP! 

Best Answer

I have tried and tried to delete app and reinstall....still not working 

Best Answer

I have uninstalled twice & reinstalled twice. Problem persists. What’s next?

Best Answer

Ever since update earlier today, continuously crashing on my iPhone 6.  Just throwing it out there.  Don't want to delete app as I'm afraid it will delete my data...

Best Answer

I had to re-enter my data 3 times . I crashed every time. I will not reinstall the app again. I have to keep the app open until there is a fix.

Best Answer

Fitbit app will not open on my iPhone, it was working an hour ago, now it suddenly is not.  These technical issues are getting very frustrating.  As soon as one is fixed, another problem crops up.  We can only uninstall and reinstall the app so many times before we will give up on Fitbit altogether. Do better Fitbit.

Best Answer
I didn’t lose my data. I was able to get into the app only once before the problem reoccurred. However, don’t want to press my luck a third time.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times now.

still crashing, any new updates?

Best Answer
0 Votes

same...

iOS 12.4.1 has worked just fine for about a week =/- 

Updated to fitbit 3.6 today.  Crashes over and over and OVER!!!

Bought a Fitbit Versa 2 today, and it absolutely WILL NOT PAIR!  

I'm confident it's the update on fitbit.

Best Answer

**iOS 12.4.1

**iPhone 6s Plus

**Fitbit Versa (first generation)

**Uninstalled/Reinstalled ad nauseam

**Turned phone off and back on ad    nauseam

**Turned Bluetooth on and off ad nauseam

**Banged head on wall and lamented why Fitbit keeps putting out half baked updates ad nauseam

Uninstall/reinstall only works the first time you open the app after reinstall. It doesn’t “fix” the issue permanently, it’s a one off and you have to uninstall/reinstall over and over and over again. Pretty frustrating and time consuming. Please take more time before pushing out updates - no one has time for this mess. 

Best Answer

Same exactly!  over and over and OVER...

Deleted app and reinstalled it.  Over and over and OVER...

Best Answer

I have

uninstalled and reinstalled more than once

restarted

turned Bluetooth off and on

turned phone off and on. 

NOTHING!!!

this all started right after you Cleaned things up”. 

Best Answer

Thanks Kate. Followed your instructions and updated app now working fine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine began working again...then quit after a couple of hours...again

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can open it once after uninstall/reinstall. After that I have to uninstall/reinstall again. 

Best Answer

You may want to try closing the app and reopening to be sure. I can open it once after uninstall/reinstall. After that I have to uninstall/reinstall again

Best Answer

Thank You Kate, but I've done this REPEATEDLY...OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!!  

I was trying to upgrade from my Charge 2 to new Versa 2.  App said I had to update it, so I complied.  Immediately afterwards, it started the whole open the app, white screen, then back to home screen... over and over and OVER...  

Finally I got it to open long enough to remove the Versa 2 and added my Charge 2 back.  It worked for an hour or so, but it's quit again.   I'm afraid if I try again, it'll just repeat.   

When will Fitbit fix this???  PLEASE?????

Best Answer