Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app crash 3.6

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 9/17/2019: We have released iOS app version 3.6.1 to all users. Please update your app to this version. It is recommended to all experiencing continuous crashes and should resolve this issue. 

Hi Everyone - I've merged several posts together. 

We're aware of an issue that may cause some iOS users to experience a continuous crash when trying to open the app after updating to version 3.6.

To resolve this, please try to uninstall and reinstall the app from the app store. Even if you have tried this previously, please try again. 

If this does not work, our team is working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
532 REPLIES 532

I have tried you uninstall and reinstall 5 times.  It does not work.

Best Answer
You are TOO sweet and clever. God bless you....I hope it works soon!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am reinstalled and my old data is there. So...I guess it sticks?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Does this include any bugs on the current Android OS? Ever since the latest version was downloaded, my Versa Lite has not been syncing, and I'm constantly getting notifications of "last sync" attempts. 

I've run the gamut: turning on/off Bluetooth, deleting/re-installing Fitbit on my device, unpairing/pairing my Versa Lite to my Bluetooth, unpairing all other Bluetooth devices on my phone, physical restart of both phone and Fitbit... no dice. Am I the only one? Anyone have a magic fix for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same version as mine. I have had a Inspire HR for two weeks. It all worked the first week but the second the texts stop. All other alerts, just not the iMessage. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did not lose any data, it just re-synced from the cloud.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Frannitz, don't worry your data up to and including your last successful synch is stored on fitbit's servers. So when you log back in you access what has been stored there.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here. My app was working fine until I did the update. Hopefully the issue will be taken care of soon.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

would be nice if fitbit could just post the older version of the app, it was working fine before it updated. also note to self, turn off auto updates.

Best Answer
Tried your fix. It did not work

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

It’s not really logging out. If you just close the app this happens when you try to open it...I stay logged in and just open the app. Crashes immediate 

Best Answer

I have the charge 2 and did everything you mentioned as well and am still having the same issue 😕 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just uninstalled/re-installed the app it did sync but as soon as you close it you can’t open it again. 

Best Answer

Thank you. I’m joining in as well. Totally updated on iPhone SE and iPad mini. And at first I was able to just uninstall/reinstall for app to sync. Now that’s an issue. Have it opened on safari to my account just to be able to see it. Hope that continues to work. This happens too often with the fitbit updates

Best Answer
0 Votes

Forgot...I have a flex

Best Answer
0 Votes

App started crashing for me today with 3.6 update. I’ve had the 12.4.1 update for a week

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried again tonight and it's working okay.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After figuring out how to really restart my iphone (hold down the sound down button and the power on/off button together) after deleting the app. I reinstalled the app after a real restart and it seems to be working OK. Now showing as 3.6 (867).

R.S.
Best Answer

I am unable to launch my Fitbit and see that version 3.6 was updated automatically today.  After the update, no joy!  I am unable to uninstall so I am stuck.  I enjoy using Fitbit and sync regularly to track my heart rate trends.  Please fix this as soon as you can.  I find it very irritating that I can’t launch the app for the last couple hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks...that worked for me...I’m up and running!

Best Answer
0 Votes