Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app crash 3.6

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 9/17/2019: We have released iOS app version 3.6.1 to all users. Please update your app to this version. It is recommended to all experiencing continuous crashes and should resolve this issue. 

Hi Everyone - I've merged several posts together. 

We're aware of an issue that may cause some iOS users to experience a continuous crash when trying to open the app after updating to version 3.6.

To resolve this, please try to uninstall and reinstall the app from the app store. Even if you have tried this previously, please try again. 

If this does not work, our team is working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
532 REPLIES 532

Have uninstalled app, turned off Bluetooth and WiFi, turned phone off, restarted phone, turned on Wifi and Bluetooth, downloaded app numerous times.  None of it is fixing this issue.  Still doesn't work.  Continues to crash.

Best Answer

I just tried again using @knarfty method & mine is now working again also. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have deleted & re-installed several times.  It’s still won’t open the app!! I’m very disappointed in this!  I rely on my Fitbit to track my activity. Please help!

Best Answer

Well never mind, it worked for a minute but as soon as I close it & open it back up it's crashing again, sorry false alarm 😞 Extremely extremely fustrating!!!!

Best Answer

Same here. I tried all those things. 😞

Best Answer
Did you restart the phone?

1. Delete Fitbit app
2. Restart phone (not just turning phone off)
3. Reinstalling Fitbit app

Make sure to do it in the above order.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems to be spreading to android as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just reinstalled the app at 6:00 pm central time and it's no longer crashing on my iPhone X. Trying to re add my Versa now to see if it'll actually sync and connect with my phone since I was having problems with that earlier, too.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep, same thing here.
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

when i restarted, reinstalled and opened the app on my iPhone it worked at first but didn't see the fitbit. It also notified me that there was a firmware update available. 

after rebooting my Versa the app once again crashes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No loss of data.
Best Answer
0 Votes

After reading the many comments that say reinstalling the app doesn't work, I think the relevant question is, what is your timeline on delivering a fix?

Best Answer

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it still crashes. 

i use this app a lot and would like it to return smoothly.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

I have done everything in the order it’s suppose to be done & it still crashes. Up until noon my app worked just fine until it said it was updating. I have never had an issue with this before & for someone that relies on this to keep me motivated to exercise it’s making me really extremely frustrated. Especially with being told the same thing over & over & it’s NOT working. Glad that it worked for some but the majority of us are still down!!! 

Best Answer
I did it in that exact order. Still crashing!
Best Answer

Unfortunately for the last couple hours I’ve either been eating peanut m&m’s or playing the piano. I should be better than this. 😐

Best Answer

If I uninstall the Fitbit app & reinstall, will I lose my all my data that I’ve saved for months?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Launched the app again moments ago and it seems to be stable again (iPhone XR, iOS 12.4.1, latest Fitbit app version).

My guess someone made a change to the server push on the app? I've done nothing other than launch the app again... Not even so much as a phone restart.

I'd hold off on reinstalling the app until more information comes in.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried the whole process again and now it is working. This has never
happened before. Since the app links to some insurance incentives, I'd like
it to work consistently. Thanks for responding. Ann
Best Answer
0 Votes

Recently upgrade to the latest IOS and the Fitbit App started crashing.  I have unistalled and installed several times, with and without Bluetooth on, but the App still crashes as soon as it attempts to open.  Very frustrating.

Best Answer