Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app crash 3.6

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 9/17/2019: We have released iOS app version 3.6.1 to all users. Please update your app to this version. It is recommended to all experiencing continuous crashes and should resolve this issue. 

Hi Everyone - I've merged several posts together. 

We're aware of an issue that may cause some iOS users to experience a continuous crash when trying to open the app after updating to version 3.6.

To resolve this, please try to uninstall and reinstall the app from the app store. Even if you have tried this previously, please try again. 

If this does not work, our team is working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
532 REPLIES 532

Ditto, keeps happening to me too. Was wearing the blaze this morning, last synced last night absolutely fine, went to do it this afternoon and it didn’t work. I switched back to my charge 3, deleted the app and re-downloaded thinking maybe it was something to do with that and still doesn’t work. Opens for a couple of seconds then crashes out. Annoyyyyyiiiinng. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too. Tried to delete and download again, no solve. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I am using iphone 6s plus, IOS 12.4.1. I update my Fitbit today, the Fitbit app keeps crashing on my phone. I deleted and re-installed the app, doesn't help. How to get it solved quickly?

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. Starting about 30 minutes ago my app crashed when I opened it. I've restarted my phone twice, and re-downloaded the app three times since. Maybe the whole fitbit system is down??? Hopefully it gets fixed quickly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got off the phone with Fitbit techs and they said that new software that is updating is causing the app to crash and to retry tomorrow. 

Best Answer

I'm hoping it's a temporary problem. No one seems to understand it at this time. I've been working out so hard today and I want my stats.  It's just making me want to go back to Polar.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can we please keep all app crashing posts in the one thread. Just trying to keep the forums tidy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

me, too. what's up?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. Just updated to the latest apple IOS and Fitbit App won’t work.  Attempts to open then blank screen and app disappears.

Best Answer

I have deleted the app and reinstalled still nothing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My app will not open since recent upgrade 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Attention everyone a moderator addressed this crash issue in a new thread under iOS in the Fitbit community. Just wanted to pass this information on 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried an advice found somewhere in this community and it worked. Close the Fitbit app. Disable Bluetooth. Reopen the app. Remove devices (I deleted former titbits I didn’t use anymore). Close the app. Put Bluetooth back on. It works now... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This would happen literally the DAY I buy a Fitbit after not having one for years. Ah. Exactly like I remember, lol. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Deleting and reinstall worked for me. 

Very frustrating should not have this issue with any update

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you restart your phone after uninstalling the app?  I tried it without restarting my phone but it didn't work so I tried again.  I uninstalled the app, restarted the phone, installed the app again and it worked perfectly.  I was extremely frustrated when I couldn't get it added easily but I'm now very happy with it...at least so far.  An apple watch isn't an option for Android users.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have tried uninstall > restart > reinstall to no avail.

Running iOS 12.4.2 on an iPhone 6s.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having the same problem. It crashed every time I connect my charge 3 to my  iPhone 8. At one point of my rage fueled self trying to connect, I logged into my account perfectly fine but my charge wasn’t connected. Immediately as it did, It crashed. 

Best Answer

Hi

just bought a new Versa 2 after my old Versa was stolen in. April :(. 

Cant set it up. App just crashed every time on my iPhone 6. Tried on my husband iPhone XS max and same thing happened. Switched off phone and tried to switch off phone but you can’t do much in set up mode. Sending back to Amazon tomorrow. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, same problem here. Uninstall, restart and reinstall did not fix.

i notice the crash is at the Updating Databases stage. Is it worth mentioning that all my units of measure are set to metric? °C, kJ, ml, km etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes