Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app crash 3.6

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 9/17/2019: We have released iOS app version 3.6.1 to all users. Please update your app to this version. It is recommended to all experiencing continuous crashes and should resolve this issue. 

Hi Everyone - I've merged several posts together. 

We're aware of an issue that may cause some iOS users to experience a continuous crash when trying to open the app after updating to version 3.6.

To resolve this, please try to uninstall and reinstall the app from the app store. Even if you have tried this previously, please try again. 

If this does not work, our team is working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
532 REPLIES 532

Ok, just randomly tried the app again and it’s working now. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone Xr running IOS 12.4.1.  I have deleted and reinstalled the app 2x.  I have restarted my iPhone 2x as well.  The app continues to crash.  This needs to be corrected ASAP.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Was adding the Versa 2 when the Fitbit app (iOS) said to download the latest app update. App downloaded fine and when I opened it to finish the Versa 2 setup the app closed out. And now won't reopen. I've restarted the phone, Deleted the Fitbit app and reinstalled but does the same. When I reinstalled the app it opened long enough just for me to login to my Fitbit account. Then re-closed me out of the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem is definitely in connecting to the fitbit server. Taking away the internet connection stops the app from crashing. installing, re-installing, and trying to sign back in on my iPhone caused my iPad app (which had previously been OK) to stop working. It may not be the app, it may be a problem on the server side.

Best Answer

Can’t afford to buy an Apple Watch. I’ve had a Fitbit for 4 years with no problems. Online Dashboard works but I would like the app to work. They will probably do an update soon.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same heren

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Lucky you! 😔 Hope mine works soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m trying to replace a Charge 2 with another Charge 2 and I only get so far on the App then it closes, then won’t reopen. I’ve deleted, reinstalled, turned off my phone and nothing is working. Frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update 3.6 seems to be the culprit in my case. App was working just fine till I upgraded. Now, the app crashes on startup every time. Looking out for that last minute bug fix.

Best Answer

Same here!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same! Fitbit app keep crashing after updating the fitbit app today.

I tried:

Delete app

Reboot iphone 8+

Reinstall app

Still crashing

Best Answer

tried uninstalling and reinstalling app to iphone and it didn't fix the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting the same error

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried contacting via chat. Was 48th in line. When it came my turn, the dialogue box where I would type was below my screen so I couldn’t type anything. I was disconnected. Tried again, 46th in the queue, happened again. I’m so annoyed. I suppose it’s a known thing and will just have to wait for the fix. I know it’s a really first world problem but still so frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

don’t know what I did but the app is updating right now.  Fingers crossed.  I just put it on the charger and kept trying. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

IPhone 7 iOS 12.4.1 here, worked just fine this morning before saying it was updating after which I went to load it again for my walk & loads for a second then disappears. Already tried uninstalling & reinstalling, shutting phone down, restarting & it still does the same thing...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like they just released a firmware update and are working on the problems for iOS users.  Hope that helps everyone.

Best Answer

No mine is special edition 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not only does your app not work, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it won't even download.  I was already having problems like steps disappearing and hours not registering, and this is the final straw.  I'm done with your products.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My iPhone forced the 12.4.1 OS update this morning and now the Fitbit app crashes. There was an update for the Fitbit app that I just downloaded minutes ago- still crashing 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes