Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app crash 3.6

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 9/17/2019: We have released iOS app version 3.6.1 to all users. Please update your app to this version. It is recommended to all experiencing continuous crashes and should resolve this issue. 

Hi Everyone - I've merged several posts together. 

We're aware of an issue that may cause some iOS users to experience a continuous crash when trying to open the app after updating to version 3.6.

To resolve this, please try to uninstall and reinstall the app from the app store. Even if you have tried this previously, please try again. 

If this does not work, our team is working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
532 REPLIES 532

lol  i this  got my  versa 2  and i cant even  start useing it  in tell they fix the app    for now i got  a nic paperwight    that i  cant  used  yet 

not  cool lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem with my new Ionic.  Worked fine until IOS version 12.4.1 installed.  On hol.d on phone for over 10 minutes so far.  Perhaps should have upgraded to Apple Watch

Best Answer

The same.  App attempts to open then closes.  Happened immediately after update.

Best Answer
Could be, hope Fitbit fixes it soon!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup - though my is with a nee replacement that crashed everything 😤😤

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bought the Versa 2 today and now my Fitbit app will not open. All updates have been done.

Best Answer

Several restarts of tracker and app deleted and reinstalled and suddenly started to detect the tracker and working for now. Kept on tapping the screen for the second before it crashed and it came back. Think it is a Fitbit system issue but not sure why that stopped my tracker being detected by Bluetooth on 2 devices 

Best Answer

Same problem.

iOS 12.4.1

iphone 8

deleted app

reinstalled app

restarted phone

Still crashing

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hasn’t updating to the new version caused this problem! Once fixed I think I’d be too scared to update again! Can you not release the 3.5 app back to the App Store? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve just tried what you said and still no luck for me but thanks for the heads up 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in the exact same boat! I’ve been trying for hours with no luck. App just keeps crashing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update on this I’ve have just purchased Aspire and now app just crashes! Can’t even set it up? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same issue. Going to send back tomorrow 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Deleting, restarting phone and reinstalling app did not work on my IPhone or my IPad.

Not Happy right now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too. App will start and then shut down. The length of time it stays open seems random It frequently closes within a second of starting but has also stayed running for 20-30 seconds before closing. Coupled with the recent hardware issues, this feels like a sick joke (and the joke is on me)

iPhone 8

v. 12.4.1

Best Answer

Sad to see I'm not the only one with this issue 😞 Customer support doesn't seem to be much help so far either. I ordered the 'amazon exclusive' color...could that be the issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very frustrating that so many people are having problems.  Doesn't look good for Fitbit.  I don't blame people for taking them back.  There's too much competition out there to keep something that's difficult to get started.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried to sync my new Charge 3 and the app crashed. I tried deleting and reinstalling but that doesn’t help. The app worked ok till I tried to sync the new tracker. I’m using an iPhone XR

Best Answer
0 Votes

Uninstalled and reinstalled the app following iOS upgrade as suggested.

This does not resolve the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If I were an iPhone user, I would definitely choose the Apple watch.  I don't like that it needs charging basically every day, but the other features are very appealing.  Hoping someday there's an Android compatible smartwatch with similar features (along with Alexa integration).

Best Answer
0 Votes