Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app freezing when opening Exercise tile

Is anyone else having issues with their app freezing when they go to check their workout/run? I can’t access the heart rate, or maps ect. This just started today.  I’m on vrs 4.04. It starts to open the section then it won’t let me scroll, go back, edit, or check the hidden menu.  I have to close the app every time.  My iPhone is up to date.

Best Answer
99 REPLIES 99

Same here. I believe the app is waiting for the exercise data to be downloaded from the server. Evidently, this data is not stored locally on your phone. Maybe they're having server problems. If you wait long enough, the exercise data (maps, heart rate, time in zones, etc.) will appear. It does on my iPhone anyway. Unacceptable!

cc: @LZeeW 

$fitbit1.jpg$fitbit2.jpg$fitbit3.jpg$fitbit4.jpg

Best Answer

I have tried waiting and my data doesn’t show up. 

Best Answer

Same here.  I contacted support and asked them to submit a bug report.

Best Answer

new app update not functional on iOS it freezes on the exercise tab, GPS tracking doesn’t always appear, therefor all other exercise detail not available. I’ve logged out and deleted app several times and it doesn’t fix the problem. Any info on this being fixed. Please help

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. And now the map is completely missing after my runs.  🙄I contacted support and asked them to put in a bug report to the developers. Hopefully they’ll get it together.  I’m about to switch products it’s becoming so useless.

Best Answer

Updated to app version 4.06 last night. App still freezing and not displaying map or start after gps exercise.

So far I haven’t seen any improvements either.

Best Answer

Same problem for me as well.  Ever since I updated to google Fitbit login.  I was like oh no so what they are saying about google ruining Fitbit is true.  Google should be doing 100% better.  

Best Answer

This newest update causes my entire app to freeze when I attempt to open or view a recently logged activity.  I have lost the ability to analyze my workouts for pace, HR or anything.  

is there a known fix for this?

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the detailed information, screenshots and the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far. I'd like to inform you that this issue has been escalated to our team so they can identify a resolution as soon as possible. I'm sorry you're going through this experience and please know I'll update this thread as soon as I have more details to share.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here surely this can be solved by Fitbit easy enough I don’t know why it’s taking so long I might switch to apple or garmin this is not good enough 

Best Answer

Welcome on board, @Rymer78.

Thanks for joining this thread and taking the time to share your feedback regarding this situation. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Our team is currently working to bring a solution, and while there aren't more details at this time, please know that we're keeping them informed of the impact this has caused you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. Very disappointing 

Best Answer

Thank you. This newest update causes my entire app to freeze when I attempt to open or view a recently logged activity.  I have lost the ability to analyze my workouts for pace, HR or anything.  

Best Answer

This happens to me as well. Seems to be worse if I have a lot of other apps open on the phone, or if I look at several exercises. Sometimes the exercise data comes up quickly, but the 'Back' button lags significantly. Other times, the whole thing just hangs for a bit and works okay, and sometimes I have to force-close it to do anything. Usually works better if I have no other open apps on the phone, but even then it gets laggy over time. 

App v4.08, iOS 17.2.1, iPhone 13 Pro.

Best Answer

I contacted Fitbit support via phone and was told they are highly aware of the issue with the app and that it is”escalated” in repair.  I was told that some people are negatively impacted, and some have no issues. Also, the problem can come and go, making this repair more complicated to fix. An apology was given and request for patience as the issue is resolved. I did stress that is seems crazy that it has been going on for months, but was again told that they are working hard to address it. I was glad to know it wasn’t  my phone or operator error for some reason, but still am bummed. I was also told to keep checking for updates. 

Best Answer

My app has suddenly started crashing when I try to edit an exercise. This started within the last few days. 

I have tried all of the following - rebooting phone. Updating operating system (iPhone), Deleting the app and reinstalling it. Agreeing to “move to Google.” I tried to edit the exercise after each step and the result is always the same. When I click edit the exercise detail appear for a split second then the app closes. 

Best Answer

This is happening to me too but it only happens for some activities. I have no other apps open. It's an iPhone. Example: I did 2 activities yesterday. Looking at the details of my run makes the fitbit app crash but looking at the details of my walk is fine. The online dashboard doesn't show split paces so that doesn't help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I go into the fitbit app to look at my exercise days and then go to look at the stats of a particular activity, the app freezes and does not show the details. I cannot go back and wind up having to close the app and reopen. I am using the app on an iphone. I was able to go into the Web page and view the activities but not able to view it on the phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would first try restarting the phone, and secondly uninstalling and reinstalling the app. If these do not work, then it might be another case of a "bad" update that would require a fix from Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes