Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app freezing when opening Exercise tile

Is anyone else having issues with their app freezing when they go to check their workout/run? I can’t access the heart rate, or maps ect. This just started today.  I’m on vrs 4.04. It starts to open the section then it won’t let me scroll, go back, edit, or check the hidden menu.  I have to close the app every time.  My iPhone is up to date.

Best Answer
99 REPLIES 99
Yes been on to Fitbit about it for weeks now they tell me to wait for next update when that will be is anyone’s guess not happy with the service at all

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer
0 Votes
wgeestl,

My success turned out to be short term. It worked for me every time for a good two or three weeks. I was happy and content. And then it stopped altogether. Now I get a freeze, whether with the traditional approach or this new one I stumbled upon. It's as if Fitbit read my post, saw that it worked, and initiated a code red alert to their programmers that one of the users figured out a way to see their data, so they needed to eliminate that ASAP. And it's as if they did. I jest, but it sure seems this way.

I just get the first page, no map, frozen screen, and have to close and re-open.

If it doesn't change, this renders the GPS function as essentially useless.
Best Answer

Hey @JibbyQue 

The workaround that you and others posted that allows you to recategorize your exercises worked with app versions v4.00 thru v4.09. But, as of version v4.10, google disabled that. I have suspected for some time now that google intends to destroy the fitbit brand. Now that they are intentionally crippling the app, I am 100% convinced.

Best Answer

When I record a walk on my device and synchronize with the app on my phone, I can’t view all the details for my exercise. After tapping on the detail for the exercise, the screen freezes and I can’t view the details below the current screen. I called customer service and they said there is no troubleshooting steps available for this problem. Anyone have this problem? Any solutions?

Best Answer

Hi there. I am aware there was a previous post on this. I have the same issue as the captioned subject but after going through the below troubleshooting methods, it doesn’t seem to solve the problem:

1. log out of Fitbit and force shut the app and restart iphone

2. log back into the app

3. manually sync by pulling down data in home page of the app

4. scroll into exercise section or ‘active zone mins’ still crashes the app

Can someone please help? 

Cheers,

EY

Best Answer

Each time I click on exercise details, for example walk, app crashes. So this Charge 6 is useless to track exercise! Anyone else with iPhone struggling with the same and having app crashing?

Best Answer

Having same issue.  Same phone.   Biked today and later wanted to look at my bike exercise.  The gps tracking map for the bike exercise opened the first time but immediately crashed/locked up.  All other attempts, even after updating the app, the app locks out whenever I attempt to look at the bike exercise.  

Best Answer

My running always showed a map, splits etc.  Now it either shows nothing or shows partial info - and the screen freezes every time. I looked back 3 -4 days ago and doesn’t happen with those runs.  Rebooted watch, reinstalled app - still doing it. Thoughts??

Best Answer

@TanyaMary I have not had that issue with my iPhone. Are you running the most recent Fitbit app? Mine was updated to version 4.12 today, maybe see if it's available for you. Also make sure your iPhone is updated as well and possible restart your phone. 

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Heather-S 

As usual, v4.12 includes "Bug fixes and performance improvements".

Do you know what functionality was fixed (or removed)? I keep hoping they will fix exercise duration by restoring the h:mm:ss time format.

Best Answer

@mcw53 Nope, that's still not fixed yet. 

Best Answer

Correct, just updated app to 4.12 and have iOS 17.3.1. Restarted my phone and still experience the crash 🤦🏼‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I go to the app and check the stats of my exercise, I don’t always see all of the info (time in zones and gps map), and it ALWAYS freezes - won’t go back to Home Screen - I have to close out the app completely. 
…..charge 2, iPhone 13. 
I already reset Fitbit, deleted and reinstalled app, and checked for updates. Anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks for at least letting me complain. 

Best Answer

When I click on the exercise tab to show my summary of the recorded exercises it opens the tab and 99 times out of 100 it grey and crashes and. I have to shutdown the app and start again.

Also the exercise summary no longer shows a map or the route taken like it used to, is this feature still available??

Best Answer

Hello @Mict999 and welcome to the Community.  Do you use an Android or iPhone?  An issue like yours might be a new bug in the app.  Bugs usually appear in one platform, not both.  Your post can get moved to the better fit forum where it will get the attention it deserves.  What app version do you have.  Tap on your profile avatar/gear icon in the upper right of your app > Help & Support.  You can also delete, then re-download the app to see if that helps.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. I have version 4.12 on iPhone X. Have tried deleting and reinstalling app. Still no difference as it still freezes and still no route map showing. Thanks
Best Answer

@Mict999   I wish I had a magic answer for you.  I have v 4.12 on my iPhone 13 and it works and don't have this problem.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok thanks. I thought the idea of this forum was for Fitbit themselves to answer queries ?
Best Answer

@Mict999   This is a moderated user to user help site.  Another user might be able to help you.  You can contact Support from your mobile app by tapping on your profile avatar/gear icon in the upper right > Help & Support > Contact Customer Support to chat with a Support tech.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok thank you for your help. I thought that’s what I did
Best Answer
0 Votes