Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app freezing when opening Exercise tile

Is anyone else having issues with their app freezing when they go to check their workout/run? I can’t access the heart rate, or maps ect. This just started today.  I’m on vrs 4.04. It starts to open the section then it won’t let me scroll, go back, edit, or check the hidden menu.  I have to close the app every time.  My iPhone is up to date.

Best Answer
99 REPLIES 99

Still having this problem - exercise tile completely useless, and my gps is practically not working (charge 6). Not a happy fitbit-customer anymore - the charge 5 and the previous version of the app worked so well, now it's rubbish. It's amazing that fitbit doesn't fix this software issue...

Best Answer
Yes I agree I’ve been fobbed off for weeks about it they keep saying I’ll have to wait for an update but when is that gonna come next time I buy a fitness tracker it won’t be a Fitbit

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer

Fully agree

Best Answer
0 Votes

App is freezing for me when trying to access any gps tracked activity. Auto sensed or non gps is fine. Activity maps are uploading to the servers however as I can see them on my dashboard at Fitbit.com. Just not on the phone. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and a warm welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the detailed information and the steps that you've tried on your own. I'm sorry you continue having difficulties to see your exercise details. Our team is aware of this issue affecting the iOS app and they're working to identify a solution as soon as possible.

I understand how frustrating this can be and appreciate your feedback as it'll help us to keep our team informed of this situation. Please know that I'll update this thread as soon as I have more information to share.

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing. Looking forward to the solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Work out reports on iOS still freeze when I try and access them and force closing the app is the only way to recover.

When is the next bug fix release and will this be addressed?

Best Answer

Since the new app was introduced I have been unable to see the map on the walk section.

I can click on the walk section, which then shows details, but without the map info.  The app then freezes and I have to close it down.

My iPhone 13 is updated regularly, I have also uninstalled/reinstalled the app several times, but it still freezes once I clicked walk.

My Versa 3 is working perfectly, and all details & map are available to see on the Fitbit webpage. So definitely an app problem

Best Answer

I can see the weekly activity, but when I attempt to view anything that used GPS, the page freezes. It does not freeze on other workouts. Please help!!!

Best Answer

Hi, I’m having a similar problem with my Versa & iPhone 13.

fingers crossed someone can solve it for us🤞

Best Answer

This is still happening. It’s been a problem for months since the new layout was introduced. It is completely unacceptable that Fitbit can’t resolve it. The details are there if you look at the data online. In addition I can’t now log a walk from my iPhone. I haven’t do it from my watch. GPS didn’t connect properly or not at all from iPhone12 to my Versa2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: After two consultations with customer service, my gps seems to work. Wiped and reinstalled everything - Fitbit and app. For the first time it has tracked a run, using the gps. App is still not working in the exercise tile, but the map shows up on the online dashboard. However, on my second run, the gps couldn’t find my phone, so it tracked it using the inbuilt gps. This worked fine, but it of course eats a lot of battery…

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s march 2024 and this is still an issue. I cannot access my run maps and my Fitbit app freezes every time I click to open an exercise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

it’s March 2024, when will this issue be resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same! Its so frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have found that it usually works if I log the s excuse from my watch
rather than my iPhone. However gps connection is still intermittent and
hence the distance can be an underestimate.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am having the same issue as above. I’m unable to review exercises.just keeps freezing . Would be very grateful for any insight into how to fix this. Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

same issue, the app is extremely slow and lagging. has anyone found a solution yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It now works most of the time if I start the log on my fitbit rather than on the phone app. However there is still a GPS problem sometimes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here with my fitbit sense and iOS App. The recording data is fine and over the online dashboard it shows the maps data. The app exercise title ist still freezing if the recorded data includes location/maps data.

At the meantime i checked if the iOS app has the authorization to read location data. In my case the fitbit app setting has no option to allow/disallow location service. The button was not displayed.  At another forum-thread a fitbit support wrote:

This is a back door option.  Tap on the green '+' button on your Fitbit app, then Start exercise in the Track live section.  You should get a prompt for Location services for Fitbit.

After that the location option at Fitbit app settings in phone settings is available. After changing different options the App is still freezing when it should show maps data.

We are still waiting......

Best Answer
0 Votes