Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app freezing when opening Exercise tile

Is anyone else having issues with their app freezing when they go to check their workout/run? I can’t access the heart rate, or maps ect. This just started today.  I’m on vrs 4.04. It starts to open the section then it won’t let me scroll, go back, edit, or check the hidden menu.  I have to close the app every time.  My iPhone is up to date.

Best Answer
101 REPLIES 101

I tried the restart previously. I just tried the delete and reinstall and it still freezes after that. I have reported this as well to Google.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue.  The app will work all day long for me, UNTIL I try to open an exercise event that included GPS data.  At which time, maybe I can see a little info, though no map, and only what shows on the screen.  And it freezes.  No scrolling down, no back, nothing, frozen.  The only way to have an active app again is to close the app and reopen.  So basically, I can't see the data we'd all like to see after a run, or bike, or whatever activity uses GPS.  Oddly enough, there are a couple of GPS events that I can open, somehow they got through, but most of them are freeze traps.  For me this started around November of 2023.  At one time I thought maybe it was taking a while to download the data, so maybe I should be more patient, so I let it go for a super duper long time (hours) and ....... nothing, it was still frozen.

Lizzy, I hope you and the team can figure this out and then help us out.  If you need specifics, I'm willing to help and provide.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just figured out a "not so ideal" or "back door" way to view these 'freeze trap' exercise events without the app locking up on you.  It requires several steps, which isn't the greatest, but at least it works.   Until Lizzy, and the software team fixes it so you can just click once ...... this will get you by

Once you get to the Exercise screen ......

1. Click the three dots in the upper right corner.
2. Click on Manage Fitbit Data.
3. Click on “Exercise(Exercise logs, GPS Tracking)”
Right above the “Delete by Date Range” there is light teal text that is easy to overlook! “Review your Data”
5. Click on that teal text “Review your Data”.
That brings up the list of your exercise events where you can click on them, without freezing the app, see your data, and all the stuff you want to see.

Enjoy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue. It’s been happening for weeks and I hoped it would be fixed by now. So fed up with not being able to check the stats for my work outs. I hate the new style app overall and I wish it could go back to the original 

Best Answer
0 Votes

WHY? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for keeping me posted on this issue and the steps that you've tried so far. I understand how you're feeling about not being able to check your exercise details, and I apologize for this inconvenience. Our team is aware of this situation and they're currently working to get it resolved soon.

I appreciate your feedback and once I have more information, I'll make sure to update this thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Any updates on this? My app is also freezing after an update at the end of 2023. I can’t access any exercise data and the paces have also stopped appearing.

is there any fix on the horizon or is it time to buy a garmin instead?

Best Answer

My app is freezing after an update at the end of 2023. I can’t access any exercise data and the paces have also stopped appearing.

This has been reported to death with no update. Is there any fix on the horizon or is it time to buy a garmin instead?

Best Answer

When I’m checking the app after my run the screen on my iPhone 14 freezes instantly when pressing run. Reset phone, turned watch on and off, nothing. Any ideas would be helpful 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone 14 Plus and Versa 4.  I have been using both for a year.  I haven’t noticed any freezing ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

well I have an iphone 11 and a versa 3 and the app has been rendered useless as it always is freezing

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes they have turned a useful product into a totally useless product. Exercise tile isn’t working chose a exercise and it freezes 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whenever I log a workout that has a GPS connection and a map included (run or bike), even while keeping the app open on my phone during my workout, the app crashes when I save the workout. When I want to open the app later, and click on the workout - it crashes again. 

How can I solve this? And possibly restore the old workouts logged?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sense 2 and iOS.

I run every day and track average heart rate and peak heart rate.  Ever since the last update to Sense 2 the workout summary on the watch vanishes without being dismissed and when I try and access the summary from the app, the page loads but then crashes the app forcing me to force close and restart.  
sense v 60.20001.194.86

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone 13, my Fitbit app keeps crashing when looking at my exercise details for today. I have deleted the app and re downloaded it numerous times, turned my phone on and off as well as turning my Fitbit on and off none of these things seem to work. I open the app click on bike (the activity I did today) and then it crashes every time. I can look at stats from a different day just not today. I am on strong wifi (my home). Any suggestions of how to fix or what is happening? 

Best Answer

The most annoying part is the fact that the data point is available on the workout summary screen on then Sense 2, but it is closed when the watch goes inactive.  You then can’t recall the summary screen from the watch.

Is it possible to return the abilities to;

a) only dismiss the workout summary from the watch manually

b) be able to navigate to the workout summary screen from the watch

c) fix the app so that it does not freeze when trying to display the workout summary

d) have the app display all of the workout summary data on one view port so you don’t have to scroll (currently unable to see all the data displayed as the app crashes and you can’t scroll)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Hank1232021 

I moved your post from the Android platform to the iOS platform forum since you mentioned you have an iPhone. Hopefully, someone here will be able to help you with your issue.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine also. Exactly as you described 

Best Answer

I tried this and got the same freezing problem. Are you continuing to have success with your approach?

Interestingly the app crashes at different points when loading. Sometimes I see just the “back” button. Most of the time I get one page of data. Sometimes I get part of the map. Rarely I will get all of the data and be able to interact with it. 

Very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes