Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app not showing correct previous day metrics

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not sure if this was already posted, but the iOS app seems to not be able to display previous day metrics properly for me.  When I’m at the dashboard, I use the left < to navigate through several previous day summary Info and the values refresh several times to display values from current day instead of the previous date that I want to see.

Has anyone been experiencing this problem?  I thought it would have been solved with latest update to the app, but it hasn’t.  

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
137 REPLIES 137

My Fitbit died because of whatever is going on on the IOS app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit ionic is working fine and recording things properly For me.  It’s just not showing up properly in the app now.  Just noticed the problem happening starting on the day I reported the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I experienced the same issue this morning, @Mikata . Please try this. It worked for me.

• Close the Fitbit app on your phone. 
  • Restart your Fitbit device. 
  • Re-open the Fitbit app and try looking at previous days again. 

Please let us know if this resolves the problem. 

Best Answer

That didn’t seem to work.  

It seems to be a problem with the data that’s cached and in iOS app, not the Fitbit device.   

I might just try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if it fixes the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Uninstall and reinstall of the iOS app didn’t work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Mikata @H0ward67. It's nice to see you around, @SunsetRunner.

@Mikata I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the issue you're experiencing with viewing your previous day metrics. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help. Since you've tried already to log out from the Fitbit app, restart the phone, log in and uninstall/reinstall the app, please let me know your OS version for us to investigate further. 

@H0ward67 I am sorry to hear your device died and recommend following the troubleshooting steps from this help article: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

@SunsetRunner thank you for your support!

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been happening to me for a week or more as well. The correct numbers flash for a millisecond hen revert to the current days data.

Best Answer

This is happening to me as well. I have a Versa 2. I have tried closing and restarting the app, as well as deleting the app and reinstalling. When I click on < on the dashboard it goes to previous day and flashes the correct data from previous day for a flash and then shows current day's data again. This happened to me after installing the new update for the Fitbit. This is happening for the metrics above the horizontal line. Everything below the horizontal line  seems to be loading appropriately.

I have iOS 13.3.1 currently.

Thanks!

Best Answer

This is happening to me as well. I have a Versa 2. I have tried closing and restarting the app, as well as deleting the app and reinstalling. When I click on < on the dashboard it goes to previous day and flashes the correct data from previous day for a flash and then shows current day's data again. This happened to me after installing the new update for the Fitbit. This is happening for the metrics above the horizontal line. Everything below the horizontal line  seems to be loading appropriately.

I have iOS 13.3.1 currently.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Same issue recently started. I have tried all recommended actions from this and another thread on the issue - app and phone software is current. Iphone 7, 13.5.1. Uninstalled and reinstalled fitbit app. Force closed app. Completely reboot of iphone. Complete restart of Ionic. No improvement of the issue.

Best Answer

this is happening for me as well. When I go into the detail For the oreviois day it shows accurate data, but the main dashboard is incorrect. 

Best Answer

Hi @LiliyaFitbit - The problem has returned for me. The previous day’s stats flash then immediately change to the current day’s stats, other than steps. I updated my Versa 2, thinking that might be the problem but no. It did not make a difference. The problem persists ... intermittently.  

Best Answer

I have the same issue.

iPhone SE 2020 13.4.1 and Versa.  Uninstalled and re-installed Fitbit app.  Stopped/started iPhone and Versa a few times.

After three weeks of perfect behavior with the new iPhone SE, when I cycle into the past, the dashboard's lower, small circles of data will briefly show the correct info, then snap one by one to today's info.  Diving down into each stat will show correct data on the subsequent pages; it's only the dashboard that is incorrect.  The dashboards on my MS devices are fine.

Best Answer

I am also experiencing this issue. iPhone SE 2020, Versa 2. All OS/apps updated to latest version. It will flash for a split second and then revert to the current days stats. It's only for cals, distance, active minutes. Steps seems to work properly as do the sleep, heart rate and exercise buttons down below.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. Thank you for your updates in this thread.

Thanks for the information you have provided, I'll make sure to forward it to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. I appreciate your time and efforts. Once we have more to share about this, we'll make sure to update this thread accordingly. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions or comments. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got exactly the same issue. I have an ionic. Has started to happen in past 3/4 days since updating the firmware on the ionic. 
please hurry with the fix Fitbit 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi LiliyaFitbit,

Sorry for the late reply, just saw the post from Monday.  I'm running the latest iOS version 13.5.1 on my iPhone X.  Fitbit Ionic firmware version is the latest 27.70.8.0.

I tried additionally adding and removing the floors, miles, cals, and mins badges, but it didn't help.  Multiple refreshes, around 4 or 5 times happen between the previous and current day's data, only to display the current day - steps are are the only one that's correct though when displaying the previous day's info. 

Thanks!

Best Answer

Experiencing exact the same problem. Reported it in the app store (review) but no response at all 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I am also having the same issues & also no celebrations when goals are achieved. Although I'm thinking they may be related. Please try & get these issues resolved.

Thanks

Best Answer