Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app not showing correct previous day metrics

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not sure if this was already posted, but the iOS app seems to not be able to display previous day metrics properly for me.  When I’m at the dashboard, I use the left < to navigate through several previous day summary Info and the values refresh several times to display values from current day instead of the previous date that I want to see.

Has anyone been experiencing this problem?  I thought it would have been solved with latest update to the app, but it hasn’t.  

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
137 REPLIES 137
Thanks for the update!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My Fitbit Versa keeps showing today’s data for each day of the week. It will glitch to the correct data and then quickly revert to today’s data no matter which day I scroll through. 
I have removed app and reinstalled updated app

updated iPhone to latest software.

Ran down watch to zero battery. 
Been like this for 3-4 days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Sarebear222 and welcome to the Help forums.  You aren't the only one experiencing this.  It is an app bug.  There is nothing wrong with your Versa.  No need to run your battery down as that reduces overall battery life.  Fitbit is aware.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you ever so much! Do you have any idea as to when this will be rectified. It’s really irritating. So glad it’s a bug 🐛 because I know it will get sorted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i’ve had the same issue for the last several days but that’s not the big problem. the big problem is if i leave the app open it subtracts my step count on my watch throughout the day(like i’m walking backwards). only way to keep my step count is to totally quit the app - it took me a few days to figure this out. it’s annoying the app continually asks me to keep it open, but i’m trying to log steps here lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is that why I can’t understand why I’m doing 2/3 less steps per day? Does it take it off the real time day that you’re counting your steps or just previous days? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nameuser the unrelated step decrease is in the server, and a release is suppose to be released soon.

@Sarebear222 not sure do you notice the steps decreasing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

it’s removing the steps in real time. like i’ll have say 6000 steps then i’ll look an hour later it’ll say like 4000. i quit out of the app on my phone and it seemed to work to keep my steps yesterday...i’m keeping an eye on it but i seems the best thing to do is quit out of the app and stay out if i want to keep my steps...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, thank you for your participation in the forums and sharing the difficulty you're experiencing with viewing data for previous days.

Thanks to all for the efforts to resolve the issue, sharing the steps you've tried and the additional details. I sincerely apologize to anyone who has been affected by this issue. I would like to advise that this issue has been reported to our team and we're working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. I appreciate your patience and understanding. Meanwhile, you can try the workarounds shared by users:

1. Open Chrome app on your phone and login to fitbit.com. The fitbit.com dashboard should show the correct stats. 

2. Sync your device with Bluetooth on > Turn Bluetooth off > Check your previous day’s data > Turn Bluetooth back on. 

@LZeeW thank you for your participation and help!

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Bdawid. It's nice to see you around, @MarionE501 @LZeeW.

@Bdawid @MarionE501 thank you for reporting the issue with changing your stats when you open the app. I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I would like to advise that our team is currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution. Please check this post for the workaround steps.

@LZeeW thank you for your support!

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Problem concerns stats visible on the iPhone. My IOS is up to date. Syncing device doesn’t fix the issue.

Regards,
Dawid

Wysłane z iPhone'a
Best Answer

I like to report I am having the same issue on my iPhone. That stats show only the current ones when you change to a previous day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wysłane z iPhone'a
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you know when the bug will be rectified? It’s really irritating me now!! 
thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue has been going on for weeks. past days data changes to today's figures & not all goals are celebrated. I for one won't be commenting anymore, this is a joke. As I have said in past posts, we can put a man on the moon, but Fitbit can't get this right? I have also said in past posts, I am going to back my car over my watch, that will fix the problems & at the end of this week, that is what I'm going to do if these problems are not sorted. We have had 2 updates over the past week & non of them have corrected these issues.

Best Answer

the app’s still messed up in a major way, but i thiiiink the steps stopped subtracting so long as i keep the app closed and bluetooth off. but now the floors climbed count is all messed up, like it’s randomly adding floors...i dunno, kinda feeling like this is a google thing now that they own fitbit. google’s products classically don’t work(android, chrome, search engine, literally everything google’s ever made) so there’s a good chance they’re dragging fitbit down to their level right now.....bummer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but lemme know if the watch survives the car running over it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, that’s good to know. Weeks! That’s a crazy service from Fitbit!! 

As luck would have it mine (7months old) gave up the ghost last night. It just won’t charge at all. Purchased from Amazon. Don’t know what my chances of a refund are? 

Anyways is there another product that does a similar job with a tracking app which actually works? 

many thanks for your help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Sarebear222 - Amazon is an authorized retailer so you should be covered under the Fitbit warranty. Contact Support. They will lead you thru the process of trouble shooting and replacing the device if needed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nameuser - I was also losing steps for a while and understand how frustrating it can be. But the problem has been resolved On Fitbit’s end and I have not lost steps in a couple days. If you still are, please try this. It’s a bit of work but should get your steps back to normal:

• Sync to your iPhone
  • In the Fitbit app, remove your Fitbit device and close the app completely.
  • Shut your iPhone off
  • Restart your Fitbit device and turn your iPhone back on. 
  • Add your device back to your account.

This should do it. Please give it 24 hours then let us know if this worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Sarebear222 and others who want to see data from previous days. There is a temporary work around that I use. It’s a bit convoluted but it makes your data visible.

• Sync your device to your iPhone.
  • Go into your iPhone’s settings and turn Bluetooth off.
  • Open the Fitbit app. You will be able to see the data from previous days.
  • When done, turn Bluetooth back on so that your device can sync again.

I track my daily miles for a non-Fitbit 1,000 miles/year challenge. I go thru this process every 3 or 4 days to gather my daily miles. It works. Not a perfect solution but until this gets fixed, I am able to get my past days data.

Best Answer
0 Votes