Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 8 plus won’t sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just upgraded my iPhone 6 to the 8 plus. I’m not seeing compatibility for this phone yet. When will this happened?

Best Answer
125 REPLIES 125
No I bet it and totally understand where your coming from! I agree I loved the battery life on my Fitbit. I’ve been an Apple junkie for years so right now the Apple Watch fits for me.

Mrs. Mary Levie
Best Answer

Have you found a solution yet- I am having the same problem. I don’t feel like doing this every day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My eventual solution was to purchase the new Apple Watch 3 - Nike edition which I absolutely love.  It has a ton more functionality than my Fitbit Charge2 and even tracks the number of laps that I swim in the pool (yes, you can wear the Apple Watch in the pool -- unbelievable!).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I spent hours daily for 3 weeks trying every suggested solution.  Fitbit representative stated that it is not "fully" compatible with iPhone 8 or X and there is no timeline of when full functionality may occur.  Some people can get it to work and others can't.  My ultimate solution was the same-Apple Watch Series 3.  I got the lowest end, non-cellular edition and it was $29 more than the new Fitbit Ionic.  Game changer for me. I'm almost grateful to Fitbit.  But I would like the money back on the useless Fitbit Alta.

Good luck-the representative said to "keep trying" and at some point iPhone 8 should be listed on the set up page as a compatible device.  Again, my issue was the inexcusable lying, lack of transparency and the continuous wasting of my time as several representatives walked me through pointless steps that weren't going to fix my problem anyway.  

Best Answer
I turned everything off and then back on. It started working for me.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Haha! I actually went out the other day and got an Apple phone and am really enjoying it. Sort of like FitBit on steroids.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
No solution

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally got it figured out. I had to turn off my old phone even though I had deleted the app. It was trying to sync to my old phone.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I said nothing about an Apple Watch

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this problem been resolved?

I have been trying to connect my mom’s charge 2 to her iPhone 8 since Christmas with no success. This is her first Fitbit, so it isn’t connected to another phone. I get the number in the screen of the Fitbit and enter it on her phone and says “connecting to Fitbit” but that’s about it. Nothing else happens. I have tried deleting/reinstalling the App, restarting both Fitbit, phone and Bluetooth and nothing. What else can I try? 

Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It did finally work once I turned off the old phone.  That's all I can offer - sorry.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, have you tried turning her phone off and then back on? That’s the only other thing I can think of.
Hope you get it resolved.
My issue is fixed. My Fitbit connects to my iPhone 8 and my iPad.
Good luck

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried that already. It’s very frustrating. Thank you for he answer.

Patricia

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Him the one that originally posted this question. Afraid I gave up on FitBit and got an Apple Phone.

Thanks for everyone’s input - just didn’t work for me. Pat

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I only get it to sync for small bursts, and have to go through the fitbit reset again and again. I have yet to find a consistent solution.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I upgraded my phone to iPhone 8 Plus but can’t get Fitbit to sinc with it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried turning off and then back on! It does help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Figured it out. My iPad had never been setup in the Fitbit ap. After doing that, it works on both the iPad & iPhone. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you!!!! i cant believe i missed that!!!  deleted data i shouldn't have needed too.  bummer 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community @stefscarf, it's nice to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I'm very glad to know many of you have already resolved your syncing issues with the iPhone 8. Thanks for coming back and let us know. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes