Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 8 plus won’t sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just upgraded my iPhone 6 to the 8 plus. I’m not seeing compatibility for this phone yet. When will this happened?

Best Answer
125 REPLIES 125

I have iphone 8, deleted and reinstalled the fitbit app and it was able to connect to my surge, it kept my historical data.  Previous to that I had restarted iphone and surge with no success.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My iPhone 8 didn’t want to sync either. Deleted app off old phone, got frustrated it still didn’t want to sync. Deleted app of old phone and then turned old phone completely off and it worked! No problem at all. Good luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! I too shut off my Bluetooth on my old Iphone 6 and my new phone Iphone 8 Plus synced. This was an easy fix. Once again thank you for posting info. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. It worked when I did as you instructed. 

Bless you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Uninstall & reinstall the fitbit app on your phone and try again

@_NDH_ wrote:

same problem here -- no troubleshooting is helping so far

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have iPhone 8 and I can’t see Fitbit any more. Any solution you had suggested works. Please update the software whether Fitbit wants to loose its Customer 

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you uninstall then reinstall the Fitbit app, then log in to your account, it should work. But you have to go into your account settings and make sure that you have all day sync turned on. It will then ask you if you want to sync your phone with your Fitbit and tap allow. This should do the trick.

Cheers,
Runner_227
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

After days of reading every suggestion on syncing my fitbit alta HR with my new iphone 8 and spending hours deleting, resetting, disconnecting and restarting-even creating a new email account, I have been able to pair and sync my fitbit and phone.  However, one of the most important features to me is to get text message and phone call alerts.  I have enabled all day sync and set my notifications for calls and text messages several times to no avail.  Occasionally I will get a vibration on my wrist for a phone call but that's maybe once every 3-4 days.  I never receive text message notifications.

If anyone has any last minute advice.  Sadly, I think I've wasted enough time and may have to jump ship to an apple watch.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
It took me a some time as well to get my Fitbit notifications working. Turned everything off, deleted the Fitbit app from my phone. Turned my Fitbit watch off and restarted everything. Turned notifications off and on again, in every single app I wanted to connect to my watch. Now it’s working fine again. It’s kind a annoying but keep trying (just buy the Apple Watch🤐 did I say that out loud?😂🙃🤣)

Warm greetings
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that!  This worked for me as well.  What a pain!

@Lisgia wrote:

I had the same problem!  This is what worked for me:  I ended up disconnecting my charge2 from my old phone’s blue tooth (then turning off old phone).  After that, my new phone was able to connect.  It was fairly simple and did not require having to restart Fitbit device:). I hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also managed to get it to work and did think about getting an Apple Watch. It did take me a while too, but as soon as I figured at why, it seems to work. I just have to go into the app once a week so it stays connected. But, if I have to keep going into the app, then I’m really going to consider an Apple Watch. Hopefully this stops because I don’t have enough time to be able to go into the app once a week just to keep my phone connected. I must say, I’m going to be looking at Apple Watch prices today if I have time. But yeah, my app has been crashing too for some reason, making me really consider an Apple Watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I switched from iPhone 6 to iPhone 8 and switched carriers.  I couldn't get anything to sync either.  In the App if you log out of it and log back in.  All of my information began syncing again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just an update.  After several days of trouble shooting and doing every possible step over and over I was able to get my alta HR to sync to my iphone 8.  The app is working, however I have to manually sync it despite having it set for auto sync.  The deal breaker for me is that I cannot get text and phone call alerts.  I broke down and online chatted with fitbit tech support for over 30 minutes yesterday (between three representatives).  The first rep had me go through all of the trouble shooting steps I have done for 3 weeks.  We got cut off and I got patched to a second rep.  He flat out told me that the iphone 8 is incompatible with fitbit and there is no timeline for this to be resolved.  Some features may work some may not.  So for the weeks of trying to fix this and just chasing my tail and the customer support representatives that have wasted my time, I asked for and got an apple watch from Santa.  I can't wait.  I was a loyal fitbit customer and would have stayed but for the lack of honesty and transparency.  Good luck to all-I hope you get all the functionality you paid for soon!  Happy holidays!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you restart a Fitbit? When will it just sync the way it’s supposed to?

Best Answer
0 Votes
To restart your Fitbit, you got to make sure it’s completely charged and the USB it came with is in your computer/laptop. Go onto Fitbit’s website and log in or go into your Fitbit “app” and log in. Once your in your Fitbit account, go into your account details, and chose your Fitbit. Scroll to the bottom and click “Remove Fitbit.” This either is at the top or bottom of the page. This should remove your Fitbit.
This is how I removed my old one and putt my new one onto my account.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me too. I turned off Bluetooth on the 6 turned off the phone and immediately the Fitbit started syncing with my new iPhone 8. Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just bought an Apple Watch 3 instead

Mrs. Mary Levie
Best Answer
0 Votes

The down side is, you are forever bound to be in APPLE eco-system. Wearables like Garmin, Firbit, Huwaei allow you to use both Android and iOS. They don't stop work, when you change your phone. That's one reason, I stick with Fitbit/Garmin 🙂 Nothing against Apple watch. Its a great device for the price and works perfectly well!

Best Answer
0 Votes
The Apple Watch doesn’t stop working just because you have to charge your phone. I also can text and answer phone calls on it

Mrs. Mary Levie
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with your observation. All that I am saying is, you are boxed into one company. Is that good or bad? you are the best judge. Say tomorrow, if there is a major shift in direction from Apple and you don't like it, you still have to live by their rules. Else, $390 goes down the drain. As a tech lover, I love Apple watch's capability to respond to messages from your watch. But that is still limited to a large extent. Battery life is not as great as Fitbit or Garmin. Granted, Apple watch has better display and build quality. When it comes to work out, I'd rather prefer more rugged and simple device than a great looking one 🙂 IMHO. Please don't think of it as a flame-war of some kind. I respect your decision. These are just my views 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes