Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XR not syncing with my Fitbit.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My new iPhone will not completely sync or send me messages for calls and texts? I tried reinstalling several times? I could use some help.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
67 REPLIES 67

I purchased the iPhone XR, I removed the Fitbit from iPhone 7. I turned the phone off and on multiple times as well as remove and reinstall the Fitbit app. It connects and syncs with Bluetooth but still not receiving notifications to my Alta HR

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Erica,

the only thing that seems different with your experience from mine is that my iPhone 6 Plus was erased before I tried to pair the Fitbit with my new iPhone XR. The reason is that I was trading in the phone, so after transferring all my information from the iCloud, I erased all data on the phone. Perhaps this is the reason it is not working for you?

Also, did you “remove this device” from your app first?

I hope this helps.

Claire
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry that it didn't work for you Erica. I have the Charge 2, not the Alta, so I can't speak to why it's not working for you. Perhaps someone else in the community can help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm with you!  I got my new iPhone XR yesterday and it synced for a while.  This morning, nothing.  No steps counted, no activity, etc.  I have restarted my Alta HR and tried to resync both my phone and my iPad.  I get the little circle going round and round and the 'looking' notification.  Nothing is working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so very much....this worked!  I disabled the Bluetooth on my iPhone 5S and rebooted.  Both the iPhone and iPad now show my Fitbit progress for today!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @EricaS615 thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. It's nice to see you around @Jezziebones and @MHC1950, I hope you're doing well.

@Jezziebones and @MHC1950 first of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in the response. @MHC1950 thanks for coming back and let us know your issue has now been resolved, I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience with us. I would also like to thank you for letting us know about the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.

@EricaS615, at this moment, if your Alta HR is not receiving Notifications, please try the following:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:
    • messageNotifications.png
  3. Open the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Alta HR > Notifications and enable them.
  4. If the Notifications are still not reaching the device, restart your phone and your Alta HR.

Give these steps a try and let us know in case you need anything else.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there. 

I had a similar problem. I’ve since synced my phone but I don’t get notifications on calls or texts now. Is there something I can do? I have the Fitbit flex 2 if that helps 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Michellemeilhon thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. 

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried in hopes to resolve this issue. Notifications skip or stop occasionally for several reasons that don't suggest a problem with your device or the Fitbit app, which is why I would like to ask you to check the following:

• Your phone was too far away. It must be within 30 feet of your Fitbit device to transmit the notification.
  • For texts, you have the conversation open on your phone. Your Fitbit device shows new texts you haven't already read.
  • You changed a related setting on your phone, such as turning on Do Not Disturb, Quiet hours, or Driving mode. To double check all requirements, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 
  • You're using another Bluetooth product. If you have Bluetooth products like speakers, headsets, or car stereos paired to your phone along with your Fitbit device, you may have trouble using more than one at the same time. For example, turning on your speaker might stop your phone from sending a notification or syncing. For more information, see Is the Fitbit app interfering with other Bluetooth devices?
  • The connection between your phone and Fitbit device is unstable. Bluetooth signals are susceptible to disconnecting or dropping occasionally.
  • The app that should send the notification can't do so. Check all the phone and Fitbit app requirements in How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 
  • Your device was syncing. Syncing can sometimes prevent or delay a notification. 
  • You just updated the Fitbit app. Restart your phone and try setting up notifications again.
  • Device lock is active on your Fitbit watch and you haven't recently entered your PIN. Tap your watch screen to see if the device lock prompt appears. If it does, enter your PIN.

If you've reviewed the list above and can't get notifications to work, please try the following:

1. Force-quit the Fitbit app, then open it again and sync your tracker.
  2. Restart the Bluetooth on your phone once again.
  3. Restart your device.
  4. Refresh Notifications:
    • From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon 
    • Tap Notifications.
    • Turn off all notifications
    • Restart your phone.
    • Open the Fitbit app and turn notifications back on.
  5. Set up Notifications again:
    • Tell your phone to "forget" your device, removing the connection between the phone and the Fitbit device. 
      1. On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and find your Fitbit device in the list.
      2. Find an option to forget the device.
    • Open the Fitbit app and set up notifications again.

Please give these steps a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do you reset the Fitbit tracker? I had the same problem sync my hr3 with new apple xr and doesn’t work. Very frustrating.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same syncing issue. After looking to the board for help I unpaired my Fitbit with my old phone and it is now working perfectly on my new phone, the XR 😀

Best Answer
Mine didn’t work. I uninstalled Fitbit, install again the application, re set in the Fitbit. I tried all the tricks. Nothing worked. I talked to Fitbit support. They went through the same procedures as I did without success. I’m waiting for a fitbit replacement. Let see. Customer service warn that iPhone XR has a different Bluetooth camera and is not supported by Fitbit. I’m not sure this is the problem. I will see when my new Fitbit arrives. In my he meantime let me know if you are still facing sync problems. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is your new phone the iPhone XR?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, my new iPhone is XR

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

No pop up appeared - no request to pair

Best Answer
0 Votes

This works!

Marco thank you! 

unpairing from the old phone & turning off the bluetooth was the key.

Best Answer

Hello, 

I have the IPhone XR and Fitbit Versa and I cannot get them to stay paired or communicate. I have deleted the app reinstalled app, turned off and on my phone the Versa and Bluetooth  and it takes forever to get them to pair but once they are paired it only stays for a few minutes then I cannot get them to connect again unless I do all of this again.  I have had no issues with my Charge 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just updated my iPhone to 13.1 and now my fit bit won’t sync despite all the advice I’ve seen on the forum

it has the wrong time on too now

i have the Alta which I know you no longer make but mine was still working perfectly. I will be very annoyed if I can’t use it any more 

please advise what I can do 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 2 and I have tried EVERYTHING to be able to get notifications back on my fitbit... Unfortunately, even after deleting and re-installing, turning off and back on both the fitbit and my iPhone, I am STILL unable to receive notifications - it syncs fine, just cannot get notifications since the latest rounds of updates several months ago. This is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had the same issue with my Blaze.  It’s very frustrating.  The only way I noticed that I could sync was to restart the tracker whilst being in the App.  Upon starting up I got a successful sync, but it only lasted until I switched apps.

Interestingly I also noted that unless in ‘All-Day Sync’ mode the device did not pair with the iPhone.  I think this is the problem and it may be due to the different version of Bluetooth the iPhone XR uses, compared to older models.

To resolve

Open the FitBit App

Restart your tracker to get a connection

Enable ‘All-Day Sync’

Pair the tracker with the phone(follow on screen messages)

Ensure device sync’s in and out of app

Disable ‘All-Day Sync’ and the pairing will be maintained.

Best Answer

Hi, I too have an IPhone XR and bought A Fitbit Versa this week but it won’t synchronise with it. I tried all the methods in this thread.

I felt very frustrated and went in and bought another watch! Want to return it. Will the shop take it back? 

Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes