Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skin Temperature not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is the Skin Temperature a "coming soon" feature? I got my Sense yesterday and did all the updates/setup, but that particular stat says "update Fitbit device to latest firmware and wear it to sleep" after wearing it to bed last night.  I just want to make sure I'm not missing something here. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone. It's good to see you here in the forums and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for reporting your inquiries about the Sense, as well for the troubleshooting steps tried on your own. Before anything else, let me explain that you'll need to wear your Sense consistently and it can take 3 days or more to measure your baseline. You can find more details about how your Sense tracks your skin temperature here.

That being said, let me recommend to try the following:
  1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Check if the Fitbit app is updated.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app, log back in and sync your watch.
  5. Try adjusting the tightness of your watch as described in this help article when wearing it to sleep. Make sure to sync your watch after waking up.

@_Hades_, thanks for your feedback about the apps and features offered on your watch. Some features, such as the ECG, will require the approval of other countries to be available on the Sense. You can find this information and more in our website and the Press Release.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62

You have to wear it 3 nights in a row in order for it to establish a baseline.

Best Answer

Thanks. I am still poking at all the features and trying to figure it all out 🙂

Best Answer

It is so much fun getting new gadgets!!!!!

Best Answer

Me too and that was the question I had!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ellyssia I had to wear it to bed for 3 nights before it detected the skin temperature.  

I also updated the fitbit app and firmware.  

Best Answer

Thanks 🙂 I'm pretty sure my firmware and app are up to date. I'll give it a few more days to make sure 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wore it last night and I clicked in the app today and it says the track I need to update the firmware but my Fitbit updated yesterday and I can't find a way to make it updated again

Best Answer

Mine said that for the first three days. After the third night of sleep and it establishing a baseline, it started working fine. I now see a temperature variation graph on the dashboard. 

Best Answer

Mine is the same:) Took 3 days but it's tracking now. Looks like it needed those 3 days to establish a baseline.

Best Answer

I have the same problem. I understand it takes 3 nights to get a baseline. But I should still be able to see the data for last night in health metrics.  I will wait another 2 nights to see if this is working. If not, I may be sending this back.  This was the main reason I purchased the sense. I need it to track ovulation for natural family planning method of birth control. Thanks.

Best Answer

Here's what you'll see after 3 days. You'll see the increase/decrease from baseline for each night. The variation during the night is in premium. What's in basic seems sufficient to me.

SmartSelect_20200927-091541_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer

Suggest they change the message rather than having new users try to chase down a firmware update.  

Best Answer

So a slight rise in skin temp might be a sign of ovulation. A for sure basil temp is most accurate. You can"t always rely on skin temp. There are many factors that play in skin temp so please don't set skin temp in stone as a for sure reliable ovulation prediction method. I am a nurse of 17 years and a mom of 5 that uses natural family planning as well. Just an FYI

Best Answer

Thanks.  Yeah, I do know that basil temp is best.  I was really hoping that this would help with NFP.  But the more I am reading about misreads etc.  I don't think that is best way to track temp changes.  I do know my luteal phase is 11 days and can generally tell when I ovulate.  I will keep taking temps the old fashion way. Thanks for your input.  Glad to hear I am not the only one doing NFP method of bc.  🙂 Have a great day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I have slept wearing my Sense every night for the last 3 nights (I got it Friday in the mail) and I still don't have the baseline at all. How do I fix it? I am logging my core temp.

Best Answer

I don’t have it on mine either. I’m not sure what’s wrong. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive had mine for 5 days now and still nothing.

Is it broken or do i need longer? Im confused

Best Answer

Mine is not working consistently.  It read my temp 9/25, but not the 26th, it read it on 9/27 & 9/28, but not 9/29.  I wear it the same way every night.  I haven't received any prompts to update my firmware/software.  Any ideas how to get this working consistently?

Best Answer

I have been wearing it since it was launched and still no base line....sigh

Best Answer