Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Battery draining fast

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can you replace the battery for Alta Fitbit?  Mine is only 2 years old.  The battery says it is charged but after a day and a half dies.  When you plug it in it says the battery is about 3/4 charged.  Fitbit is saying it has to be replaced.  I am not sure I want to continue using Fitbit if I have to shell out $130 or more every two years. 

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
139 REPLIES 139

A warm welcome to the Community @Yufang28. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

Thank you for joining the conversation and sharing your experience. I totally understand how you are feeling. Our Support team will be glad to review your options based on the warranty, however I would like to confirm if you've tried the following troubleshooting steps: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device?

Let me know how it goes.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI,

As suggested, I attached my fitbit to the charger and pressed the button on the dongle three times.I also made sure that the connections were 100% clean.  I was able to wear it for a day and a half before it 'blacked out again.' So, now I am back to the same problem I was before. This fitbit is only 5 months old. It should still be working at prime performance. I am very disappointed with this product.

Best Answer

Hi @yankeedoodlered, thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. I totally understand how you are feeling since the device is only 5 months old. Since the issue persists, I've sent your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon. 

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I think we are in the same boat. Mine takes 8 hours to charge - or, it indicates charging - and once I reset then it realizes it’s charged. I have NO automatic sync set up and I consciously don’t open the app to force a sync more than 5 times a day, and it still dies less than 24 hours later. When I first got it, I had it set to sync all day and I got about 3 days’ or more battery life.

I have received contact from the Support team and I’ll review their notes again but it doesn’t look like anything I haven’t tried.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner , it's nice to see you back on the Community!

Thank you for joining the conversation and sharing the details of the issue you're experiencing with your Alta's battery. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and thank you for letting me know that you've already contacted Customer Support regarding this. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution, just keep an eye on your inbox for further assistance.

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi my Fitbit it currently only lasting a day before it dies. It was a Christmas present Christmas 2018 so one year 5 months how do I get a replacement. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Pen12, it's great to have you on board! 

Thank you for sharing that your tracker which you received as a Christmas present lasts only a day. 

I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to take a deeper look at this and provide a solution based on your warranty. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bought Fitbits in December for Christmas gifts, it’s been six months and battery won’t charge anymore. I don’t have the receipts of purchase. Can anyone advise me on what needs to be done?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @yoli5726. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

Thank you for sharing the difficulty you're experiencing with charging your device which was received as a gift. We usually recommend trying these troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue, however upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. You're in good hands now, please keep working with them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd be interested to know what options are available. I got my Alta HR for mother's day 2018. It held a charge a full week until just recently. Now it loses charge in about 3 days. I do have A-Fib, so the heart rate monitoring is good quick check, besides tracking exercise. If it's a throw away item, I am really disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Tblewisva.

Thank you for joining the conversation and sharing your feelings about the battery issue you're experiencing with your Fitbit Alta which you received as a Mother's day gift last year. I understand your concern regarding your options and I am glad to send your case to our Support team so they can assist you further. You will receive an email from them soon.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The warranty must have changed. Mine is 18 months old and the battery died. All I was offered was 25% off a new one from their site. I’m going to look at other options with longer warranties before making a decision to purchase another Fitbit product. At a minimum you should be able to replace the battery like with your phone.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Alta for about 2 and a half years and my battery is lasting less than a day. What do I do? Nothing seems to work. 😢

Best Answer
0 Votes
Throw it away, unless you are comfortable using instructions on iTunes to
take it apart and attempt to replace battery. So disappointed that such an
expensive item has such a short lifespan. They are losing business by not
offering a replaceable battery. I won’t spend money on another Fitbit.
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @1Hitchp. It's nice to see you around @BabyBinky33. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

@BabyBinky33 thank you for joining the conversation and sharing that you're having the same issue with your Fitbit Alta which you've had for about 2 and a half years. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them, please continue working with them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution.

@1Hitchp thank you for sharing your experience and feedback. I am sure Customer Support tried to help you in the best possible manner, each case is reviewed individually and a solution that's being provided is based on the Fitbit Warranty. I totally understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback. We're constantly working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Alta is 18 months old and the battery does not appear to be holding the charge. I’ve gone from charging once a week to every three days and every week that time is getting shorter. On the app my battery is showing green, flashing (14), but nothing is visible on the face of the Fitbit. HELP!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Jlkelly75

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the issue you're experiencing with your Fitbit Alta. I recommend following the troubleshooting steps including a restart from this help article: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

For the tips to prevent the battery drain, please see this help article: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes
It was dead. Threw it away. Nothing worked to get it to keep a charge.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta was a birthday  present from my son. Started dying after 21/2  days use about  6 weeks ago, now dies after a few hours. My birthday was 21 June.  Is there anything I can do about this. Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Call customer service, they replaced my Fitbit with a new one.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes