Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Battery draining fast

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can you replace the battery for Alta Fitbit?  Mine is only 2 years old.  The battery says it is charged but after a day and a half dies.  When you plug it in it says the battery is about 3/4 charged.  Fitbit is saying it has to be replaced.  I am not sure I want to continue using Fitbit if I have to shell out $130 or more every two years. 

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
139 REPLIES 139
I was told no but they would give me a slight discount on a new Fitbit.  Not a chance I’d spend another dime on an expensive throw away!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad
Best Answer
No. You call them & they'll tell you it's out of warranty, but they'll give you a coupon to buy another one. It too, will last barely over a year, just long enough for the warranty to be out.

The only way to stop them from treating their customers like crap, is to stop buying them!
Best Answer

Well i had something funny happen. After having to charge my Alta twice a
day, i went New Mexico with a friend. I went to charge it the first evening
and it was at about 80%. Weird. Ever since it has kept a charge for at
least 2 days.

Maybe take all the Altas on an airplane. It has worked well for the oast
month.

--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, when I started this post, as I stated, there was No Chance I would buy anything from this company again. I went ahead and bought an AmazFit Bip and the difference in battery functioning is truly amazing. Yes, the heart rate reader is not as good as others but, your watch will only need charge once every two weeks if using the functions a lot or once a month if you are not using the specialized functions for workouts. I even downloaded watch faces that I can change. My only difficulty is that I have a very thin wrist so I did not want something the size of the Apple Watch because it bothers me sometimes. Otherwise, I don’t even need to talk about their customer service because I have never had to call them . So as many said: out with the Fitbit scammers! Shame on them creating disposable watches ON PURPOSE just to maintain the consumerism! Ditch the Fitbits! Good luck with your new choices, for me the AmazFit bit has done very well!

Best Answer

My Fitbit Alta HR lasted 1 year 5 months....will never buy another. Fitbit’s solution is to sell you another at 25% off.....whoopee! 

Best Answer

I received mine for Christmas 2 years ago and have been having difficulty with my Alta charging and then holding a charge for several months. A few weeks ago, it stopped completely. I was shocked to find that the battery could not be replaced. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the same.... but i found that I need to clean the contacts on the dongle and on the bracelet regularly. between dirt, sweat, etc. they get scoogy and I think it interferes. I also found the spring mechanism of the dongle was losing grip, so now I keep a rubber band on it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
What did you use to clean the contacts? I tried using alcohol but didn’t find that it did much good.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I only had my Fit-bit for a year and 5 months before I started having problems with it holding a charge. Unfortunately they don’t tell you when you buy it, that the battery can’t be replaced! Very expensive for a year and 5 months use! Fit-bit should be ashamed of themselves for selling such a product!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
I completely agree. I don’t think I will be buying the Fitbit brand after this.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I know I won’t be...it’s a waste of money! I think the sales people should have been advised that that is the case with the Fit-bit, so they can pass it onto the consumer! Live & learn!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Totally agree. These are a waste of money as long as the batteries cannot
be replaced.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having those same problem but it's definitely outside of my warranty. Seems like a waste to throw out a fully functional product due to weak battery

Best Answer

And I just bought a Garmin. My Fitbit ditched itself. I'm not going to recharge AND reset this thing every other day. If a company refuses to stand by its products, I'm going elsewhere. The cheery tech support staff ain't gonna cut it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I spent about the same amount of money that I already wasted on fit bits
and purchased an Iwatch. It does much more and I no longer have to deal
with the frustration of bad batteries. I’ll never purchase another fit bit
product. Such a rip off.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This information is wrong and I know it was 2018 but clearly they were just shooting off.  YES you can change the battery your self if you have a watch tool kit. Many people have them for all their watches they are inexpensive and make battery changing easy. OR take your Fitbit to a watch repair for battery replacement 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks but Fitbit was who originally told me the battery could not be
replaced in that model. Moved on to an I watch after and has been perfect
ever since 2018.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Fit Bit never revealed this to me…..they wanted me to by another watch at a higher price! Do you have a Fit Bit watch that you have replaced the battery in?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I never found a Fitbit with a replaceable battery. . I was so disgusted with Fitbit, that I got an apple watch. It was pricey ($300), but if you buy a fitbit once a year, you'll eventually save money. I haven't had one bit of problem with my apple watch. The fitness app is great!

I dropped Fitbit like a hot potato, and haven't regretted it once!

Regards,

Deb
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, I agree with you, I would never buy another Fit Bit either! An Apple Watch is the only way to go!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes