Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR display is blank

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

This morning my screen has decided it doesn't want to display anything when I tap or swipe it. My battery is half charged and I have tried doing a reset of my tracker but to no avail.

Thanks

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Kiela, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your Fitbit Alta HR not turning on. Thanks a lot for trying to restart it. I'll be happy to help you out!

Now, I'd like to know... when you put your tracker to charge, does it show anything on the display or it will still not respond? Even if it's not showing anything on the display,  Also, just to be sure, did you make sure that the restart was successful?

To make sure that the restart went through correctly, be sure that you followed these instructions:

You can easily do this by clipping your tracker to the charger and plugging the charger to a USB port on your computer or a wall charger. Then, Press the button on your charging cable three times within four seconds and your tracker should vibrate and show the Fitbit logo. This will make your tracker to reboot.

If that doesn't work and you're still having problems, let me know and I'll be happy to help you out!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
260 REPLIES 260

Hi there @Kiela, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your Fitbit Alta HR not turning on. Thanks a lot for trying to restart it. I'll be happy to help you out!

Now, I'd like to know... when you put your tracker to charge, does it show anything on the display or it will still not respond? Even if it's not showing anything on the display,  Also, just to be sure, did you make sure that the restart was successful?

To make sure that the restart went through correctly, be sure that you followed these instructions:

You can easily do this by clipping your tracker to the charger and plugging the charger to a USB port on your computer or a wall charger. Then, Press the button on your charging cable three times within four seconds and your tracker should vibrate and show the Fitbit logo. This will make your tracker to reboot.

If that doesn't work and you're still having problems, let me know and I'll be happy to help you out!

Best Answer

Hi @FerdinandFitbit.

Many thanks for the warm welcome.

The first restart didn't actually work it only showed me the version number I was on. So I have followed your instructions to the "t" and made sure I saw the fitbit logo and my display is now back, so I am very happy as I was struggling to see my notifications.

Thank you once again 🙂

Best Answer

That's definitely awesome to hear @Kiela! 😄 Thanks a lot for getting back!

If you need anything else, I'm always around!

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. I have the issue both on and off wrist. I have restarted the unit repeatedly, and the screen comes back briefly (<1 hour) and then goes black again. 

Best Answer

Hi @kArEnD2015, so far mine has stayed on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are having continues problems with this you will need to contact Support (link in my signature)

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi I can't see the link for support in your signature. Can you give me it please

Best Answer

Contacted support. Didn't help.

Best Answer

@EmmaBee88 Here it is  https://help.fitbit.com/

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi - I've just had exactly the same problem, but when trying to restart via the cable, same gives no response…???

Best Answer

Hi there,

I am having a similar problem and my fitbit device suddenly went all 'black' when I was trying to charge it - the battery was low but not completely flat. I tried what you suggested by tapping the button 3 times within 4 seconds while connecting the charger with my device, however it did not make any difference - still blank screen with no display. Any thought what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Xuan

Best Answer

If repeated restarts do not help you will need to contact Support (link in my signature)

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Contacted support. Couldn't help..

Best Answer

Hi 

I have the same problem but a restart didn’t work.  I could feel the device vibrate when I pressed the restart button but the display showed nothing afterwards.  

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. The battery is displayed during charging bit that’s it. And it won’t reset. 

Best Answer
Mine wasn’t even displaying the battery sign. But I tried resetting it multiple times (at least four times) and that seemed to do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Looks like we will need new devices then 🤔

My reset hasn't worked and don't it 5 times. Don't know what to do now 😔

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer

you need to contact customer service

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Great to see you all in the Forums! 😄

@kArEnD2015, I'm sorry to hear that your tracker is turning off after about an hour. I'm sorry to hear that the Support Team didn't help either 😕 Did they offer you any other alternative?

@EmmaBee88 @Fuxuan @FinzWinz , I was able to see that our Support Team was able to help you out with this. If you need more help, let me know!

@liselaustsen , I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team for them to help you out with this. You should receive an email soon with more instructions and if you need more help with this, let me know!

@Alisonschwartz, I was also able to check with the Support Team and it seems that it is all working fine now, so I'm happy to know that you're back on track.

If you guys need anything else, I'm here to help!

Best Answer