Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR display too dim

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve just bought my Alta HR & am hugely pleased with it, but find the display is too dim to read outside, even on a cloudy day. Unlike my mobile phone, the screen brightness doesn’t apear to alter & compensate appropriately for varying light conditions. Very disappointing.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Suze7. Great to see you in the Forums! Smiley Happy

I'm glad to hear that you like your new Alta HR, sorry that you're having problems with the display on your Alta HR. When it comes to the brightness on the Alta HR, there is no setting to change it. We're taking this into consideration for future products, so we really appreciate your effort on sharing your thoughts and suggestions on the matter.

Anything else, I'm here to help!

PS. I'm moving your post to the Alta HR board for categorization purposes.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

Hi there @Suze7. Great to see you in the Forums! Smiley Happy

I'm glad to hear that you like your new Alta HR, sorry that you're having problems with the display on your Alta HR. When it comes to the brightness on the Alta HR, there is no setting to change it. We're taking this into consideration for future products, so we really appreciate your effort on sharing your thoughts and suggestions on the matter.

Anything else, I'm here to help!

PS. I'm moving your post to the Alta HR board for categorization purposes.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
Thanks for your reply, Yojana, much appreciated. I’m totally enjoying my Alta HR and I’ve been surprised how much it encourages me to do extra steps each day - I think helped by the fact I love it when it goes totally fizzy when I reach the 10,000 mark! I’m also finding myself being much more mindful about heart rate and sleep. So all good there! Given how generally fabulous the product is, though, it makes it even more surprising that it’s so difficult to read the screen outside in the light. Would it be wishful thinking on my behalf to think a future software update might take care of this problem? Thanks, Suze
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Suze7! I'm glad to see your feedback, since it is really import for us to have the user experience information in our hands; it helps to how to improve our product and services. Keep on doing that excellent work! Smiley Happy

Hope to see you around and thank you so much for your kind words and your valuable feedback.

Best Answer

I have to say this is a big issue for me too!  I was just so sure there would be some way to up the brightness!  The watch is useless as a watch outside most all the time because I can never read it outdoors.  Otherwise I do like it alot:.

Best Answer

I had the same problem. impossible to see outdoors. not only that after 5 months I had it replaced because it would not sync.3 months later the screen is completely dark.. no screen at all ! Fit bit needed to put more testing into this product before blasting you over $100 for something that wont even last 6 months. 

Best Answer

Why can't Fitbit fix this problem?   My Alta HR is two years old and the only way I can read the display is to look at it in a dark room.   I have tried the recommendation of resetting it multiple times and it appears that the display is pretty much burned out.   I would not recommend this product to anyone.  

And another thing.   I have constant sync issues with it.  It appears if you don't sync to it daily, it will often not sync again until I plug it into the computer and often remove it from bluetooth and then repair it.   That is a pain...

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

That is my only problem with this model and I am thinking of upgrading which is annoying and a bit of a waste. The display is very poor outside. Other than that I love it and I like the sleek design.

Best Answer

In bright sunlight I can't see the display.. can it be adjusted to a brighter setting than just normal? It really is very irritating?

Best Answer

I TOTALLY agree it is way too dim.    Sometimes I have to wait until I get to the car to actually read how far I've gone and how many steps.   It is frustrating.   Can't you do some sort of an update on the Fitbit to improve the readability in daylight.  Thank you. 

Best Answer

Hi

I am also experiencing the same issue, i am unable to read the display unless i am in darkness.  I bought my Alta HR sometime end July/ Aug 2018.   Is that the normal life span of the Alta HR display?  I have tried restarting as suggested a couple of times, i am still unable to read the display.  Is there other ways to brighten the display as i am using it as a watch and i am unable to do that now.  Please assist.  Thanks.

Best Answer
It is definitely annoying. It seems like there should be a way to have a
sunlight mode and an inside mode. Pat
--
Taos Ski Valley, NM
Best Answer
So there was other problems with the fit bit and I got them to echange it. The new one does not have this problem so I think the realized they created a bad model and all the new ones they are sending out work much better. They should replace all the original ones for free but probably won’t because it will cost them a lot of money.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I hate the fact that you can't read the display outside!  It certainly defeats the purpose!

Best Answer

Disappointed with the brightness suggestions. The sorry but nothing we can do response went flat. Agree with most of the responses in the post in that it is useless to me when it reports that someone is calling or texting me, what my heart rate is, how many steps I've taken. You would think that I could get a trade-in to get an upgrade. 

Best Answer

Hi Yojana. 
i have been using my alra hr for 4 years but now the screen has become so dim amd battery wont last long. Do i need to change the battery. If i need to please tell me how. 
Tq. 

Best Answer

I gave up and bought the Charge 4. Way better!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a feeling that I will need to do the same.

Regards,

Wide

--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

My HR is two years old. The display works fine inside. But now it’s so dim, that I can’t see anything. I think I’m going to replace it with an older model Apple Watch. They last much longer I think they design the Fitbit to only last slightly past their warranty period.

Best Answer

Same, it’s getting harder to read indoors dim lighting as well. It’s a shame Fitbit won’t make it right

Best Answer