Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR fall off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The wristband started separating from the tracker, and despite watching videos and reading instructions on putting the band back in place, it will fall off again and again.  Is there a way to make sure the wristband is locked in place?  I am not trying to change bands.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
152 REPLIES 152

Hi, Susan. I was unable to get a replacement band from Fitbit. They have a 1 year warranty and if you are past it, they won’t do anything. I heard Amazon sells non-Fitbit replacement bands that fit the Alta HR so I will probably do that or just stop using a tracker at all.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info about 3rd party bands. Do you have one that you recommend on Amazon? I’m getting my 2nd replacement. knowing the first replacement band only lasted less than 4 months, I would need more.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my 2nd FitBit Alta HR.

Both times, right on cue at 6 months, the band falls off. Lost my first FitBit. So disappointing they wouldn’t fix this flaw. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, always the strap with the buckle.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine too. Frustrating (and expensive).
Best Answer
0 Votes

Two months. That’s how long it took for my replacement bands to start falling off. The original one lasted me 6 months. Not impressed at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wanted to add my voice to this thread, as this issue is extremely frustrating and I refuse to buy a new tracker because of a known issue that Fitbit is clearly ignoring. 

7 months of owning the Alta HR and I have lost my tracker. Unfortunately had I know earlier that this was such a common problem I would've put away the tracker the first time it fell off and reached out about a band replacement. Silly me for trusting in this product and simply attempting to clip the band back on. 

The worst part is the inconsistency in level of customer service. Upon first reaching out I was given sympathy and told this was not an expected behavior and to please provide more info in order to check on my warranty status. Of course after giving my info I was told that my problem didn't count and that it's not policy to replace lost trackers. This would be understandable if 1) they hadn't acknowledged it as a defect (and obviously it is from the abundance of complaints) and 2) there weren't other people on these threads reporting that they received tracker replacements.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I broke down and bought a new one. The band is different,and I haven’t had any problems yet. I would have switched brands, but others are too big for my wrist.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a new band during Amazon Prime days. Glad I did. It’s not made by Fitbit and was quite inexpensive. It’s colorful like a 60’s tie-dye shirt. So far no problems. 

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t know if anyone receiving a tracker replacement only a band replacement. I would love to know from Fitbit how many people need to have the problem before it’s considered a defect. Fitbit told me they haven’t had a lot of complaints. Yet look at this thread.

Sent from iPhone

Best Answer

I’ve had my Alta about 8 months and this started happening around month 6. I kept reattaching the band and it finally fell off this weekend during back country adventures. I’m going to use this as an opportunity to go with some other wearable rather than spend another $100 for something that lasted 8 months. If it’s made for active people, this shouldn’t happen.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Agree. I am very happy with my Garmin vivofit3. Battery so no charging. No swappable band thankfully. Less attractive but quite function Al. Plus waterproof.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happening to me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happening to mine too on the buckle strap. Very annoying. Was hoping a new band will solve but sounds like it will fail again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s a defect that they won’t admit to, so either you will lose it and be out the money or you can never wear again and still be out the money, b/c you have to buy something else. I refuse to buy Fitbit again since they wouldn’t admit to their defect and resolve the issue. Last November I bought an Apple Watch and absolutely love it. Have never had a problem with it.

Sent from iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

My first black band was replaced by Fitbit under warranty.  Now the replacement band and the gray band are both falling off.  Both have cracks on the buckle side band where it connects to the tracker.  So same problem as everyone else. I haven't worn the gray band very much so I'm not sure why it's damaged.   I called Fitbit but because it's out of warranty, they won't replace either band.  They offered to sell me a band but I'll just use the pink band until it cracks too.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wrap hockey tape around the band where it attaches and retape once a
month. Been doing the trick for the past 4-5 months.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here too with my son's AltaHR - the weak plastic bit on the clip socket split and let go of the tracker. In Australia it's a 2 year warranty and the consumer law says you can just take it back to the retail store (don't have to argue a case directly with Fitbit). We took it to JB-HiFi and swapped it over no problems - they knew all about the problem and have had a lot come back for that reason.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my second band in less than two years. It just fell off while I was

sitting. It won't stay on no matter what you do. In addition, I have a rebate that I submitted in July for a Fitbit I gave as a gift. They still haven't honored it. If I have to replace this Fitbit, I don't know why I'd buy another one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my second one. Did they replace it for free? The last one took several weeks to receive.

Best Answer
0 Votes