Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR not restarting

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried restarting my Alta HR several times (plugging into charger in computer, hitting button three times within 8 seconds with slight pause in between; the face goes black, then I unhook it and the charging display comes back on.  Any ideas what to try next?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @colnana08 and @WendyB, Nice to see you again in the Community! I'm wondering if you are experiencing any issue in particular that require to restart your tracker @colnana08? Is it not syncing or your tracker is not responding?

Let me know more details, I'll would be happy to give you a hand with this!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Contact Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hello @colnana08 and @WendyB, Nice to see you again in the Community! I'm wondering if you are experiencing any issue in particular that require to restart your tracker @colnana08? Is it not syncing or your tracker is not responding?

Let me know more details, I'll would be happy to give you a hand with this!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

My Alta HR and MFP are not syncing (even though I have them linked) and my Alta HR will not restart even after following directions (depress charger button 3 times within 8 seconds, resting slightly between each press).  It goes to a blank screen then when I detach from charger, the charging sign comes back on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta HR has been having trouble syncing. Says, "Tracker not found." I restarted a couple days ago and it was fine. This morning same issue but now it won't restart. Thanks for helping in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am having the same problem my app isn't able to find my alta HR, do it hasn't been syncing.. Please help.. I have tried to restart the device.. Nothing has worked

Best Answer
0 Votes
Call customer support. They had to replace mine because it can't restart.

Worry is a misuse of the imagination. - Dan Zadra
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine still won't either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@colnana08 thanks for joining us in this thread. If your MFP and Fitbit accounts are having issues syncing I recommend checking out this post with helpful info about linking those two accounts. Hope this helps. Keep me posted!

@FranCC thanks for letting us know that our Support Team took care of your concerns. They are very helpful indeed and in this case scenario it was a good idea to get in contact with them.

@colnana08 I suggest re-pairing your tracker to your account once again by doing the following using your Fitbit app:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Have tried restart but still no response, screen not turning on 

Best Answer

Worked!  Thanks

Best Answer

@Lynx79 if multiple restarts dont help then contact support

Contact Support

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Thanks for that, still no luck restarting so have left message with support
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your input @NellyG!

@Lynx79 it's nice to hear back from you. Contacting Our Support Team was definitely a good option. What was their resolution? Do let me know! Smiley Happy 

Please confirm to me if your Alta HR is now responding as it should. Looking forward to your new comments! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Hello. My Alta HR is not counting Floors. I have tried to restart via the cord connected to the computer but I don't think it's working. I followed the instructions but the display only shows the charging icon. 

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mptch Your Alta HR is not counting floor because it doent have the necessary parts to count floors. Because the Alta series are made small some things were not included. An altimeter being one of them.

On the restarting - if you follow the directions exactly the display should flicker and turn off, the the fitbit logo comes up and then goes back to the usual charging display. However that is not going to get your Alta HR counting floors as I said above.

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Your alta doesn't have an altimeter and cant count floors. Hope this helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mystery solved! 

When I purchased my Alta HR, I gave my old Charge to my daughter. The Fitbit App is tracking a crazy hybrid of my data and her's. That is why I have been randomly seeing flights on my dashboard. Time to get her own account 🙂

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

🤣🤣 that is so funny! Im glad you got it sorted!

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Hi I also can’t get my Fitbit to restart?

Best Answer