Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR not syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased the Alta HR and set it up on the dashboard with my iPad Air 2.  Everything worked fine on April 30.  Since then it will not sync.   I have tried a hard start on both the tracker and iPad, tried to sync on my iPhone, and tried disconnecting everything and tried it again.   I have not removed the tracker and reentered it on the app.  Should I do that?   Is this all a part of what Fitbit is working on?   Thanks

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Rosemama and welcome to the Community!

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?  How about logging out and then back in?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
63 REPLIES 63

Hi @Rosemama and welcome to the Community!

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?  How about logging out and then back in?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

yes I had already done that but while I was in the shower it fixed. Thinking it was because of the bigger issue the techs were working on.  Thanks

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta HR is fairly new, barely over a week old, and this morning it synced but it won't now.  I've uninstalled and turned off bluetooth and restarted my phone.  I can't imagine what the problem is.

Best Answer

Hello @Rosemama and @sandmill88, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community.

@Rosemama I saw you have received great help from @DramaQueenDiva. I'm glad your tracker is working now.

@sandmill88 In your case I would recommend to take a look at this post that will provide you additional help to sync: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

Hope this helps and see you until the next one!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

My Alta HR will sync with my phone (Moto - droid), but is very erratic with syncing with my PC.  It says it synced a few minutes ago and both the alta HR and the phone, which is synced, but it is still with numbers from over an hour ago.  Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CaroleS2, welcome to the Fitbit Community, I believed this is just a delay  while is compiling your data, so I wonder if the issue persists on a daily basis? Did the information update afterwards?

Depending how you are syncing with your computer, if you are using a web browser try to refresh the window. Or if is the Windows 10 app try to follow the steps I suggested before: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

Keep me posted how it goes. I'll be around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
​Thanks for your help. It seems to be installed correctly, but still a bit
erratic. Guess I'll have to live with it.​
Best Answer

Do you loose all your past recording?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It catches up. Have to bring my phone near my computer, bring up fitbit on
the phone - once it is current, I bring fitbit up on my computer and it
syncs. It does not sync with the fob in and the fitbit there, so this is
not really a good solution, but it works.
Best Answer

With device plugged in to charger press black button 3 times in 4 seconds and when logo appears you have reset device and it will work fine. After getting  a message on my S5 that "device could not be found" I stopped all that time consuming shutting down and reinstalling program stuff and now go right to reset. Works like a charm but it is annoying that it happens. 

Best Answer
There is no black button, but I will look up how to reset it and see if
that corrects it. Thank you for your help,
Best Answer
0 Votes
It is on the end if the charger cord that plugs into the USB slot. it is
the same black so it is camouflaged. It works every time, did it AGAIN
today.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I couldn't find a clear description of what the reset changes
and since I have a work-around for the only thing that I have a problem
with, I think I will just keep this in mind for any future problems.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@CaroleS2 @Kandee @RSJM thanks for the updates guys! If you're still having issues syncing your tracker, I recommend checking out this post with further troubleshooting steps.

I sometimes find helpful to re-pair my tracker to my account using my Fitbit app by doing the following:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes. I'll be around! Smiley Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

I tried all of that and still nothomg. It worked for one day them stopped syncing 

Best Answer
You must have a defective item. Return it or a replacement. If your charger cord does not have the black button they need to replace that too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your input @RSJM! Contacting our Support Team is a good idea when all troubleshooting steps have been exhausted. Way to go! Cat Very Happy

@vap It's nice to hear back from you! That definitely sounds odd. Please take a look at your inbox; I have sent you a PM. Cat Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

I have tried both and it did not work until I login via computer.

It still does not sycn directly via phone 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
It syncs on both my android phone and tablet, so I just bring it up on one
of those and then on my computer and it syncs. Cumbersome and stupid, but
it works, and fitbit doesn't seem to care or this would be fixed by now, so
I'm living with it. Hope you find a way too.
Best Answer
0 Votes