Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR not syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased the Alta HR and set it up on the dashboard with my iPad Air 2.  Everything worked fine on April 30.  Since then it will not sync.   I have tried a hard start on both the tracker and iPad, tried to sync on my iPhone, and tried disconnecting everything and tried it again.   I have not removed the tracker and reentered it on the app.  Should I do that?   Is this all a part of what Fitbit is working on?   Thanks

Best Answer
63 REPLIES 63

Thanks CaroleS2. After the first try on my Mac, it didn’t work when I tried again later. I gave up trying after that until a short while ago.  Seems like they’ve finally fixed the problem and I just managed to sync my iPhone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow! It looks like my PC now syncs! My Android tablet and smart phone
always did, but now my PC does too. Thank you for letting me know.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!  It's been driving me mad having to shut down phone and iPad!  Have just reinstalled the App and the update started immediately!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! 

@JP-SG @CaroleS2 @MaG22 thanks for your reports, I'm glad to see that your trackers are now properly syncing. If you were to encounter any other issues, feel free to post back.

On a different note, I'd like to invite you guys to our Lifestyle Discussion Forums. There are lots of interesting topics; my favorite is "Eat Well" since I love food! Heart

Hope to see you around more often! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

I have the Alta Fitbit and have created the account, downloaded the app but cannot get it to sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same problem with a 2 week old Alta HR. This has to be a software problem with Fitbit. I don't know whether or not they are solving it, but they won't admit it is a problem

Best Answer

Have you tried pressing the button 3 times on the lead?  Also I have to deactivate my other blue tooth device to allow syncing... and I did delete the app and reinstalled, it worked but wasn’t recommended by FB. Hope these experiences help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
You are right. The only thing that works is pushing the button 3 times to reset.. I have been doing that for months now (as needed). Clearly a soft wear and/or design flaw by FB. I keep the app updated too. I agree FB doesn't recommend that until they run you through all the other things that don't work first. I do not call them any more.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've given up on this. They aren't going to fix it and when I'm near my
phone it eventually gets to my PC.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that - to no avail.

When I shut off bluetooth on the phone and then turn it back on, it claims "no devices found"... so it isn't  detecting the alta.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution doesn't work for me. What else can we try?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear that... what I did was to disable Bluetooth on my laptop, did the syncing (watch to phone) then when that was complete, turned the Bluetooth on the laptop back on again. It appears to get confused with sharing Bluetooth. Other than that, you could email them...

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes
No idea - you'll have to ask the support team. It's the only thing working
for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys! I've seen that some of you have been having issues trying to sync your Alta HR trackers. I'll leave here some troubleshooting steps, I hope you find these steps helpful! Smiley Happy

First, let's start with a restart; then I suggest taking a look at this post and attempt the troubleshooting shared in there. Hope this helps, keep me posted!

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

My Alta hr stopped syncing with my iPhone today. I've had it about a week. Tried turning Bluetooth on and off. I don't want to lose all my data by reinstalling the app because I have 2.5 years of data from my original Alta. What can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I solved the problem of my Alta HR not synching by working with Fitbit
customer service on a long chat line call. They were helpful. However, my
problem was trying to synch with my computer, not my phone, so the solution
for you would be different. I suggest that you contact them.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Jogger, sorry to hear this, it really puts you out doesn’t it. As far as I recall when I refreshed the app, I didn’t loose anything but I understand your reluctance so... have you tried plugging in the recharge cable and pressing the little black button 3 times? You’ll get a little buzz when you do to show it’s happened. Hope it works.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your inputs guys @Topaz99 & @MaG22

Welcome aboard @Turtlesalute! Hey, give a try to these troubleshooting steps before deleting your Fitbit app. Those steps are specifically for iOs devices. Good luck and keep me posted! 

Best Answer

Syncs with my iPad but not with my phone. Can’t find the Bluetooth. (My iPad has no trouble finding it, and the phone then syncs through the cloud.). This started when I updated to iOS 11.something. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bbrie thanks for joining us in this thread! That definitely doesn't sound like normal behavior. Please make sure that your app is running its latest version. Also, if your Fitbit device won't sync to another device or computer, it could be because of the Bluetooth bond. 

If you receive call, text, or calendar notifications on your Fitbit device, your device has a Bluetooth "bond" with the phone or tablet that sends the notifications. This bond prevents the Fitbit device from syncing with another phone, tablet, or computer.

To quickly and temporarily disable the bond, turn off Bluetooth on your phone or tablet. You can turn it back on later to resume syncing.

If that doesn't do it, then I suggest giving the set up process a try by doing the following:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your Alta HR and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

If you've done this to no avail, please check this article for further troubleshooting: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Good luck and keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes