Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avg bpm and HR zones not showing up in Exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My device is recording my heart rate as usual but it is no longer showing my average bpm and time in each heart rate zone associated with logged exercise.  I am syncing with my iPhone SE.  

Best Answer
239 REPLIES 239

Hi TiinaRun, You sure are right about needed systematic problem solving! I think you are also right about the timing of update 3.2. There seems to be a consensus the problem started on July 29th. I don't think the problem has anything to do with the update as I hadn't updated and was still running version 3.1 when the problem started. Like you  I hav noticed that the problem is there on the desktop web version as well. I seriously doubt this is an issue with the FitBit devices themselves. 

I just wish there was a single clear message coming from FitBit Customer Support - or better still something from their technical department.

Best Answer

Hi, 

Yes, we all having the same issue and I do have iPhone. 

When I received email response from fitbit they saying that I’ve used smart trck (which is auto recognition exercise and not getting map and verbal cue while running) and Mobile run (through app which is GPS and HR) as well. But I ONLY use mobile run before and after and I asked Qs the same twice but they seemed to not understand and kept saying using smart track which I can’t get map and verbal cue but may have HR), So I sent as above to ask them to fix the issue but I don’t see any hope and I didn’t get any email after that. 

I hope they will fix this issue and we can use GPs and HR again. 

pLUS with customer survey, I gave them poor score and saying that poor understanding for the issue and response is not effective just superficial answer which doesn’t contain any efforts to solve customer issue. I think we should give them a firm feed back so they acutely listen. 

Best Answer

Hi HOH, Smart tracking is just nowhere near as good as you don't get the mapping information and so can't compare the HR graph to where you are on the circuit. This is especially good if you export to STRAVA. I am desperate to get FitBit to fix this and have been nagging them as hard as I can. So if you have the time keep up the pressure; just keep asking them questions.

I've taken to using underlines, italics, boldface and colour in my emails. FitBit need to get the message that it needs to be fixed.

Best Answer
Polar Ignite looks interesting. I’ll have to do a better research later today.

I have a feeling they don’t read the threads after making their first mandatory response. I hope I’m wrong.
Best Answer

Hi, 

I agree with you GPS tracking with HR is much better than just smart track(as they recommended to me to use but NO-way that it can’t compete with GPS +HR). I already sent another email this morning to them to point that out but no reply for all day. 

I think,  they are just ignoring this issue. 

Best Answer

'I have noticed that the problem is there on the desktop web version as well. I seriously doubt this is an issue with the FitBit devices themselves.'

yes, as of 29/07/19, the problem started on all app versions (Android/ iPhone/ desktop). The problem with AUTO HR recognition is, that if I run and on minute 29 I have to stop and tie a shoelace or the wristband shifts slightly, the session stops. My medical aid only recognise sessions of 30min+, so even when I now continue with a session, it is logged as 29min, rendering it VOID for medical Aid, so I need to do another 30min+ and hope for the best when I log....

I do not have the funds to purchase a new device at present, and even if I did... why does FITBIT force me to ditch a device that is in perfect working order simply because their software does not interpret available stats as it used to!!! Stats are available!! whay does it not link it to a timed session as it used to.

customer support sucks big time and they obviously have NO intention to solve the problem...... look at this response...They obviously does not even expect a response back from their own 'higher support'...

'''We will be forwarding your case to our higher support and expect to receive an update from them as soon as possible. If ever we get any information from them about your concern expect that we will notify you here in the email."

Best Answer

As soon as I read TiinaRun's post I went and looked at the Polar Ignite so I'm tempted to buy one. I used to use a Polar RS300 for years and it was very reliable but of course it didn't do all the stuff the FitBit can do. 

I think Customer Support are about to offer me a replacement or something as they stated in their last response, "After exhausting the troubleshoot for this issue, we have decided to move forward and verify the warranty status of your tracker." I don't see the point as I am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with my tracker, it's FitBit's software. So I have explained this to them - again!

In the meantime I see there is yet another FitBit app update version 3.3.1. - I am not holding my breath!

Best Answer

Hello RBotes, I think your experience with Customer Support is pretty similar to what many of us are getting. It seems they are not really interested in getting to the heart of the problem but rather just trying to brush off the customer. Possible even wear the customer down until tired and frustrated we give up and disappear. You have to wonder if it is a deliberate business model. 1grannyfranny pointed out that it probably isn't the actually Customer Support staff who are to blame but their bosses who have implemented the system and trained them. What ever it is, I'd have to say that the FitBit Customer Support service is about the worst I've come across in a long, long time. However, I think the HR graphing and GPS mapping feature you get with manual logging is so good that it is worth fighting hard to get back. So I am going to keep nagging for a fair bit longer. Cheers!

Best Answer

'Unfortunately' they have also not 'seen' the last of me yet... 🙂

Best Answer

I too am having this issue.  Has anyone heard of a fix for it or when Fitbit will address this issue?  I can't email Fitbit anymore, which I find extremely annoying, but I am looking to see if anyone has a solution.  It is the mail reason I have an HR.  I wanted to be able to tell the heart rate during a workout, when did I hit cardio or peak, etc.  It is annoying me that I can't.  Thanks!

Best Answer

I’ve decided to just use a Bluetooth heart rate strap and tracking with Strava on my phone to get gps with hr data for my run tracking and leave the Fitbit to autotrack. At least until Fitbit fixes the issue.

Best Answer

I have just received this... 😐

It seems they don't know how to sovle the problem, but maybe, just maybe they are realizing that it is not a device, but SOFTWARE problem... grrr...

"We do apologize again about the issue of the heart rate information the exercise log tracked by your Alta HR.

Please be inform that we received already an update from our higher team about your concern and we confirmed that this is a known issue that they're currently resolving and fixing it as soon as possible.

For the mean time, you can still continue using your Alta HR since based on what we seeing to your account and on our system your tracker still performing and working well..

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Sincerely,

Xander M. and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer

Again from FITBIT,... mmm not sure I agree with the ALWAYS and ALL ISSUES and AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE.., but let's see...

"We always make sure that all issues Fitbit experiencing resolve as quickly as possible since we know the inconvenience and cause this our customers.

Once again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

If ever you have any other question or concern, please don't hesitate to let us now.

Sincerely,

Xander M. and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer

Hi all. 

Fitbit says they are working on the problem. However I just noticed that I haven’t had any notifications for a long time, since June 16. Before that I received them all the time. How about the rest of you?

Best Answer

Does everyone with this problem have an altra hr?

Best Answer

Hi KirGurl,

to your first question: I receive several notifications a day.

This problem has been seen also with Charge 3, maybe also other devices. 

I was not able to post this reply with the link, but you can search the forum by "Heart rate isn't being recorded with GPS".

Best Answer

RBotes, That's interesting I have just received an offer of a replacement for my Alta HR from Customer Support. I explained very carefully why I thought it unlikely it was the device that was the issue (for all the reasons we are very familiar with). They assured me that the replacement Alta HR would work just fine. Frankly, I don't believe this but I have accepted the replacement reluctantly but expect to have exactly the same issue with the new one. Meanwhile I will continue to follow this forum closely.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi JS85, I have not heard of anyone who has a definite fix for this and I have been looking at five different groups discussing this exact problem, though this one is the biggest. I am aware of between 50 and 60 people with the problem which seems to have occurred out of the blue on July 29th. It's affecting Alta Hr, Versa and I think Charge 3 at least. It was apparent on FitBit app version 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 and I've just tried it on version 3.3.1 and it still does NOT provide HR data, HR graphs along with the GPS mapping on manual exercise tracker like it used to before July 29. It also affects the Web version of the interface. Customer Support have been very vague about the whole thing. Some people have been told that the engineers are aware of the issue and are working on a solution. A couple of us (I'm one) have been offered replacement trackers. It' all a bit of a mess. I can only suggest that the more people who contact and nag away at FitBit about this the better.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same issue, I have Alta HR and after 30 july none of my manually tracked activities show HR. The auto detected ones do.

How do we escalate this?

Best Answer

Hi, I have a Alta HR and have had the same issue since beginning of August with the heart rate tracker and avg bpm not showing up in tracked exercise. Every time I email Fitbit I am getting a response from a different person, none of which really acknowledge the issue or offer an explanation. Getting very frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes