Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Band Broke

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Alta since April and the band broke at the connector to the actual fitbit part. I can't wear it as it does not stay on, at all. Is there any way this can be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes
86 REPLIES 86
yes.  finally.   first they said "no" in live chat.  just a discount off a new one.   then i called.  told them the product is defective regardless whether it's out of warranty by a couple of months.  they sent me a new one with no warranty.   if it breaks, i'll just get a Garmin.   we'll see. 
Best Answer
The Support Team was very helpful and after a couple of e-mail communication for further verification, they reverted that they will send a replacement which may take 10-15 days. I was hoping to share my experience upon receiving the item.
Kind regards.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I did get a replacement band. I contacted costumer service, filled out a form and it was sent rather quickly. They are very nice and extremely helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The rubber band inside the band pops out every time I take off my Fitbit. I am able to push it back in, but it's only a matter of time before the whole thing comes out and I lose it. How can I get this fixed?The rubber band inside the band pops out every time I take off my Fitbit. I am able to push it back in, but it's only a matter of time before the whole thing comes out and I lose it. How can I get this fixed?

Best Answer

I keep having this happen to my bands... i wish they would actually create a solution to the problem rather than just sending out another that breaks

Best Answer

I am very disappointed that FitBit is knowingly mailing out replacement bands that they know will not last. I was just online with a rep who acknowledged that there are known issues with the original bands that Altas come with. She issued me a replacement one (this is my second replacement in < 10 months of having the alta) because I was within the 1 year warranty. But what happens when my band breaks again (because they are knowingly problematic and it is inevitable it will break - and quickly) after my year of warranty. Then I have to keep buying bands over and over again.

So my question is, why don't they offer customers the option of getting another cheap band for free (and risking it'll not break like it did the first time) or offering a credit amounting to the cost of the plastic band, to be used towards one of the leather or metal bands which ideally last longer? I would much rather spend the money up front now to buy a more sturdy band than have to go through the hassle over and over again of warranty or buying new bands every 5 months. If you want to offer good customer service, be up front about the fact that you know it's an issue and give customers a chance.

Otherwise, I think it's irresponsible and deceptive that they offer such "great customer service" by replacing these really cheap items for customers, but knowing they are going to break anyway. They know if someone is using their fitbit that much that they are probably addicted and wll probably do anything to keep it. So of course they will keep buying faulty bands and the company keeps making money. Kind of like blade and cartridge except only FitBit knows that is their true business model but the customer just thinks because they were so great the first time, they want to keep supporting them.

Next time my new plastic band breaks, I'll consider a whole other device that is more sturdy now. My investent in FitBit is a sunk cost that I don't want to sink anything else into!

Best Answer

I'm on my 4th break in 7 months. They just keep sending new ones. Last time mine broke, I was travelling so I just stopped wearing my Alta. It's actually kind of nice to use a mechanical watch now. 

Best Answer

So My replacement band is now broken, what do I do? This is EXTREMELY frustrating. I can not find the email address to contact costumer service. If someone has it, can you please send it to me? I do not have a twitter account so that will not work for me. THANKS!

Best Answer

You mentioned getting a cheaper band - they break too - look nicer more like a piece of jewel, but also break. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here it is: 

https://contact.fitbit.com

All of my replacements broke. I think it's just bad design. Fitbit keeps sending out the faulty ones -- so I just keep asking for them when they break (if I happen to be using the Fitbit, which I'm finding myself doing not much of anymore). 

Best Answer

Thank you for the email address. I ended up using the live chat. I am getting a replacement band for my replacement band but was told my 1 year warranty was up in April. I understand that my ORIGINAL warranty was for 1 year but I also feel like since it broke and I had to have a replacement, my NEW warranty should start from the date I received the replacement. Now when and if my 2nd replacement breaks, am I on my own? I think they need to redesign this model so it does not break so often.

Best Answer

When this happened to me I just replaced the band myself, I just didn't feel like wasting the time with customer service that has a lackluster reputation.  My second band is starting to fail now.  This is definitely a product defect and should be a recall issue rather than a warranty issue.

Best Answer

I agree this is a product fail. The company NEEDS to step up and fix this problem. It should be a recall and everyone who has this particular style should get a new and improved product.

Best Answer

One side of my Alta band keeps coming off.  Sometimes I'm just sitting down and the band/Alta falls off my wrist.  Just now I stood up to walk and the band completely fell off...screw, tiny metal part, and plastic band.  It's not a year old yet.  I had issues with my Zip and the One...both were replaced before a year.  Now the Alta.  I will try one more time, then will probably go to another brand.  Not happy.

Best Answer

Would fitbit alta band start tearing because you sleep with it on I'm having to get another replacement it my second one. I got my Fitbit Alta in November of last year and by the middle of march of this year when my fitbit band teared apart and got my first replacement and then today i just had to get another replacement because of the same it start tearing apart the piece that connect to the tracker was coming off the band and getting stuck to the tracker

Best Answer

I had the same problem with mine fitbit alta band

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wear mine all the time expect when I shower. It should NOT break if you wear it to bed as it is meant to track your sleep. I am on my 2nd replacement band in a bit over a year. I would highly recommend that the company look into this and FIX the problem instead of sending out replacements every 6 months. I do like my Alta but I am fed up with the band breaking.

Best Answer

Mines just broken today! Did you end up getting a replacement band?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I bought a replacement band.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Customer service refused to help me.  I have been without my Fitbit for almost a week and really miss it.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes