Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Band Broke

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Alta since April and the band broke at the connector to the actual fitbit part. I can't wear it as it does not stay on, at all. Is there any way this can be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes
86 REPLIES 86

It's been over a year and a half since I bought a different brand.  I'm not looking back.  When you treat your customers like crap, they tend to leave.

Best Answer

You'll need to buy a new band. The catch that attaches to the watch is very poor quality. See my post. 

You can buy new bands on AliExpress for very cheap.  They aren't as good quality, but if you attach them like I do, you can afford to have many colours and won't lose your watch. 

Also, it seems the real ones break too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

See my post on my work-around. The bands still could break, but you won't lose your watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had 5 bands break since I’ve purchased my Alta. They know these bands are poor quality but are not willing to do anything about it . 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Sonia22,

I gave up buying the real bands and buy them from Ali-Express instead.
They cost around $5 each and are just as good. Plus they are usually very
good about replacing faulty ones. Sue
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

Thanks Sue but unfortunately I live in the UK.

I will source elsewhere for the bands

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes! I also buy ALL my Fitbit bands on EBay or Amazon. The quality varies, but they are very inexpensive (compared to Fitbit prices) and when one eventually breaks I just replace it with a new one. On EBay they cost $5 to $10 so not expensive at all. Good luck!

Enviado do meu iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes