Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Alta track floors?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does the Alta track levels?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
113 REPLIES 113

@Mrh539 I don't have anything against swimmers. As @SunsetRunner said, full waterproofing would make it more expensive and it doesn't have a way of actually tracking swimming metrics. The best way to track your swimming is by manually logging it.

@RosieAnn To add to @Julia_G's post, Alta does come with added features such as call/text/calendar notifications, Reminders to Move, SmartTrack automatic activity tracking, auto-sleep tracking, and accessory wristbands.

@matt9013 Thanks for your candid feedback as it's always appreciated. Leaving out the altimeter was done to keep the size sleek and slim and also to keep the overall price point down. The great thing is, we have other trackers like Blaze available if floors is an important metric for your personal fitness goals. Robot Happy

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit

Yeah, I cannot wait for the Blaze. Was thinking of going with the Alta but I really want the Blaze and think I just wanted the Alta becuase it was the "new" Fitbit. Blaze has everything I want and a nice price point.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well techincally they are both the new fitbit, since neither are released yet. Smiley Very Happy

But I know what you mean.  

I still cant decide which one I am going to go with,  I have had to have my charge replaced like 4 times,  latest time is because the band was falling apart.  Luckily fitbit has been great about replacing them or I wouldn't be buying a new one from them.

My wife is going with the blaze and I was going to get that at first too, but with the alta announcement I just dont know now.  The price doesn't matter to me, sure cheaper is nicer but money isn't the issue. I personally always wanted the flex because of the size, so the alta is appealing because it is basically a charge but in the flex size, plus text notifcations now.

The blaze I think looks great, but it is bigger and honestly my only issue is seeing how it would be when I sleep, especially with the watch band.  But I would love the HR montior on it, plus the screen would be nicer.

Decisions decisions, I think I will need to see both in person before I can make my mind up.  Fitbit looks to have a great year!!!

Best Answer

@Wolfedude88

I agree, I'm going with the Blaze and I sleep perfectly with my Charge but I keep thinking it may be different with the Blaze as it's bigger and more watch like than my Charge.

If your wife is getting the Blaze near launch you could wait and see how she likes hers and play around with it and than decide to get the Alta or Blaze.

Fitbit does seem to have a very good year ahead of them. Tomorrow is Blaze's first TV commercial and during the super bowl no less.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I currently have the Flex and would have considered switching had it been able to count floors.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Julia,,

So funny, "court ordered to wear"....never thought of it that way! Like you, I am addicted and can't bear to miss a step either and it has forced me to move more just because of that "addiction". I am a very active person anyway but the Fitbit just gives me a little extra push. I am traveling for six weeks now and whether I am in a hotel with 2 floors or 12 floors I walk them every time. I don't worry about how exact the data is, it's close enough for my needs. A nice feature would be to have the option of switching out the bands. I would definitely buy all of them. Profitable for the company I would think. 

Thanks for making me laugh today!

Best Answer

@matt9013@Wolfedude88 Blaze is just as new and just as cool to wear and track activity with! At the end of the day, it all comes down to your needs and preferences.

@Wolfedude88 Alta also comes with text/call/calendar notifications, Reminders to Move, and removeable bands.

Personally, Blaze and Alta are both super comfortable to sleep with. Blaze feels like a normal watch, so you won't feel any difference if you normally wear a watch to sleep.

I'd definitely wait to see them and play with them in person if you're battling on deciding which one you want. They're both awesome! Check out our comparison of these two below.

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 11.05.15 AM.png

@pyvonnew Alta doesn't count floors climbed but as you can see in the comparison above, Blaze does.

@RosieAnn You can always check out the Alta or Blaze if you're interested in removeable bands. I have a feeling that you'd like them. Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Count me in for another vote in the "please track stairs" category. I work in a building with no stairs and I love tracking that on my charge hr. The Alta seems perfect, except of the no stair tracking. I suppose I need to weigh my options if I will change to that one or not.
Best Answer
I love the look of the Alta and would have switched if it had counted floors.
Best Answer
I agree. I was ready to hit the pre-order button to upgrade my flex until I saw that. The flights would have been the upgrade in functionality I cared about but since it's not, I'll stick with my flex, maybe buy a cute third party band. Nice to see that Fitbit is finally trying to deliver a more fashion friendly product as I'm a reluctant jawbone convert - their trackers are so much prettier and would use them still if their reliability wasn't such an issue.
Best Answer
I like how small the Flex and Alta are which is why I chose the flex at the time.
Best Answer
@pyvonnew , I love the size too! @FitGnat , for me the upgrade I really wanted was to have clock onboard (and it is great to be able to see your numbers without taking out your phone...). The call and text notifications, as well as reminders to move, is a nice addition too. But, I agree, the Flex is a great tracker, and if you are happy with it, stick with it!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
Man. This bums me out. Although, in reality now that I think about it, I don't use that feature much. I more like the automatic sports and sleep tracking. I've got ADD and the auto sleep is nice for me. Don't have to remember to put it to sleep.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm extremely disapointed that the Alta doesn't track stairs - even my OLD fitbit one can do that!

I was really looking forward to an attractive wrist version of the fitbit.  Maybe its not time to upgrade after all.

Best Answer

@Tessann I recommend checking out my post here which explains why we decided to leave this feature out of the Alta.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Of all the products, the Alta ought to be the one with an altimeter! What a poor choice of name!
Best Answer
Does the Fitbit count the amount of floors climbed for the day?
Best Answer
0 Votes

No, the Alta doesn't have the necessary sensor to be able to count floors.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank for your response. I've decided to get the Blaze.

Sent from my iPhone.
Best Answer
0 Votes