Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interacting with Alta

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So you've got yourself an Alta and are wondering "where's the button?" Check out how to interact with Alta!

• How do I view the time on my Alta?QuickView.jpeg 

You have 2 options to view the time on your Alta. 

1. You can use Quick View to wake up your Alta's screen without touching the tracker. Just turn your wrist towards you and the time will appear for a few seconds.

2. The other option is to double-tap your Alta where the band and tracker meet. This will illuminate the Alta and display the time and date (depending on the clock face that you've selected as default).

• How do I view my daily stats?

To view your daily stats just use Quick View to bring up your clock and then single tap the Alta where the band and tracker meet (as seen in image below) to toggle between your steps, distance, calories burned and Active Minutes stats.

Alother way to do this is to double tap on the Alta to bring up the clock and then single tap the Alta where the band and tracker meet to toggle between stats.

Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 9.07.07 AM.png

• What's the best way to tap on my Alta?

alta_tap.gifWith a bit of practice, you'll find the best way to tap on your Alta. We advise aiming toward the bottom of its display, and not tapping too hard or too softly. You shouldn't have to hit it with any significant pressure, but you should feel the tap lightly on your wrist.

Make sure to give your device time to react - you shouldn't ever be tapping more than once or twice per second, and may need to pause a moment after your tap before you see the device react. If you're having trouble, try slowing down your taps.

Video below:

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
215 REPLIES 215

Stephanie,

After trying everyone's suggestions in this thread, yours seems to work 100% of the time. Thank you, thank you.

All,

Stephanie_S is correct. If your taps are on the side of the display where the display meets the band, it works flawlessly, at least for me, with gentle taps instead of having to thump it. It's as though the tracker needs to be pushed parallel with your arm, not against your wrist.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
I am having this exact same issue. I've restarted the fit bit and it will not wake up on my wrist. It works fine while plugged into the charger.
Best Answer
0 Votes
@Mhinkle thank you for this tip! Hitting the band is working much better. I can get the display to come one consistently now.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I know how you feel. I tap lightly near the bottom and nothing. Beginning to regret buying this one. Had charge hr but gave that one to my husband. Should have kept it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jalmaguer The Alta does not illuminate on it's own while on the wrist without and user interaction. In order to view your notifications, check out the instructions here.

@Penquinlady Try to thump it instead of lightly tapping where the band meets the tracker. Let me know if that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried thumping does not always work. Can get date and time. But nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Penquinlady So once you see the date and time after a double-tap, single-tap it to scroll through your steps, distance, calories burned, and Active Minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@ErickFitbit
I'm am also having to tap several times on mine to get the display to work. The time on it is exactly an hour behind. I can't figure out how to change it. And for some reason it's only getting 1/4 way thru downloading the update 😞 Help please!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did exactly what you said to do, tap near the bottom not so lightly but not so hardly as well. After trying to double tap not only at the bottom, but other places too, it still does not react to the double tap feature. It only works occasionally when I turn my wrist and tap once.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Katlan I advise aiming toward the bottom of the display, and not tapping too hard or too softly to view the display. The other option is to use Quick View and then single tapping to scroll through your statistics.

As for the update, I suggest restarting the Alta and then trying the update once again. That should allow you to complete the update.

@Karlyn_N You might benefit from restarting the Alta and then giving the tapping and Quick view gestures outlined here another shot. Let me know if that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was VERY helpful. I was having a hard time with mine (I just got it today) and figured I'd come here to see what the experts say. When tapping where indicated, now it works perfectly every time!!!

Thanks for the great advice.

Best Answer

@Lrob1968 Congrats on the new Alta! It's always great to hear when the suggestions here help out! Thanks for sharing your experience with me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just got mine and have gotten it to work but...just like everyone else it seems very finicky. I can't believe such a questionable interface got through development and test review.
Best Answer
0 Votes

it is a very gentle tap... where the wrist band and face connect. remeber, gentle

Best Answer
0 Votes

you may want to reset it. I've read that this resolves any issue. the reset button is on the charger, nearest the plug... small black circle, look close, I almost didnt see it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can we swim wearing the Alta?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@bettecrockerba

I had the same issue with my new Alta screen just saying "www.fitbit.com/setup" and trying to add it to my phone app. Used my computer to add it and did the update. I was able to finally get it to sync with my phone afterwards.

Good luck

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
Hello. I'm having the same problem. Everything is set up, but screen keeps displaying fitbit.com/setup even after restarting 3 times. Help please
Best Answer
0 Votes
@ jillromine
I used my laptop. Downloaded the windows 10 app to my computer and opened it. I added my new alta that way. There is an update, so it automatically ran and updated my alta. The message on my alta disappeared.
Once everything was done, I just tried once more with my Android app and followed the setup there. It should work for you. Give it a try and let me know
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok great thank you. I'm setting up on my laptop now. Will keep you posted.

Jill
Best Answer
0 Votes