Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interacting with Alta

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So you've got yourself an Alta and are wondering "where's the button?" Check out how to interact with Alta!

• How do I view the time on my Alta?QuickView.jpeg 

You have 2 options to view the time on your Alta. 

1. You can use Quick View to wake up your Alta's screen without touching the tracker. Just turn your wrist towards you and the time will appear for a few seconds.

2. The other option is to double-tap your Alta where the band and tracker meet. This will illuminate the Alta and display the time and date (depending on the clock face that you've selected as default).

• How do I view my daily stats?

To view your daily stats just use Quick View to bring up your clock and then single tap the Alta where the band and tracker meet (as seen in image below) to toggle between your steps, distance, calories burned and Active Minutes stats.

Alother way to do this is to double tap on the Alta to bring up the clock and then single tap the Alta where the band and tracker meet to toggle between stats.

Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 9.07.07 AM.png

• What's the best way to tap on my Alta?

alta_tap.gifWith a bit of practice, you'll find the best way to tap on your Alta. We advise aiming toward the bottom of its display, and not tapping too hard or too softly. You shouldn't have to hit it with any significant pressure, but you should feel the tap lightly on your wrist.

Make sure to give your device time to react - you shouldn't ever be tapping more than once or twice per second, and may need to pause a moment after your tap before you see the device react. If you're having trouble, try slowing down your taps.

Video below:

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
215 REPLIES 215

@joalta Thanks for sharing what's worked for you from the tips that everyone has given here. Hoping your feedback will help others here as well.

Best Answer
Spoiler
you!!! 
Best Answer
0 Votes

You can tap on the side of the screenSmiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having same issue, wondering if broken, and a comment on how to view your text message said to tap on area where band and tracker meet. This solved my problem, as I had been tapping hard with eratic success. They should include this information in the online instructions. It says nothing about this.

Best Answer
please take me off of this site, I returned my Alta
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Amtrak10 I've seen some say that they tap on the side of the screen but also recommend that you tap where the band meets the tracker as well as using Quick View. You can see how I recommend you "Interact with Alta."

@Marselle Glad to hear that the suggestions here helped you figure out how to interact with your Alta notifications.

@bettecrockerba In order to stop receiving notifications for these updates, you can do the following:

1. Go to the top of the page and click on "Topic Options."
  2. Click on "Unsubscribe."

Best Answer

Me too!  I've been trying and trying and all i can get is the date and time.

VERY VERY frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was having the same issue, could not for the life of me get the screen to work until I watched this video: https://youtu.be/RXugR6nbxPY
I was doing much smaller taps and at the bottom of the screen, but now doing bigger taps at the top works every time! Hope this helps! 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@IndiaRD Thanks for sharing the video! This is similar to the video in the lead-in post of this thread. Hope that helped you out @RonaG.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't tap on the screen. I was getting frustrated as well but now, I can consistently get it to respond via the quickview (arm flick) or doing double-tap (not 2 taps but double taps as you would on a computer mouse) anywhere where the band meets the face--around the middle works for me than the corner as the FitBit site suggests. Also, I find that you have to set up the quickview based on the arm you're using to wear the device, quit the app and things appear to work with no futher issues.

Best Answer

@jcruiz95 Thanks for the suggestions! Similar tips are posted here along with video, gif of where to tap, and images. Thanks again, happy Friday!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Alta today - I charged it and everything was going great, but now I can't get the screen to light up unless I plug it in. And I've looked at photos of where to tap, watched videos and I've reset it three times. I can feel it vibrate when I get a text and i can see my steps on my phone, just no display. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta isn't notifying me of incoming messages, the main reason I picked this model and make over so many other. I would also like to join a few groups in the community but after joining one the reply button disappeared. I feel really annoyed at these sily little bugs, can they have a simple fix for someone who is not techno savvy or will I have to call in the kids and take the laughter again

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same! A thump. Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

You are right! Tapping the band works much better. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I was given a new Alta for my Samsung S7 Edge, i've read all the articles and helps to sync it to my phone.  I don't have a computer to try to connect that way.  I've restarted it more than a few times yesterday and it is still not pairing with my bluetooth.  I've restarted my bluetooth as well.  I'm getting pretty frustrated trying over and over to restart and uninstall...install...turn off...turn on.  Am I missing something here?  It will sync and show the screen when it is connected to the USB port but when I detach it to wear, the screen goes dark and won't turn on.  I've tapped it, turned my wrist and my phone reads on the app, "tracker not found".  Please help....Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can the Alta sync with a Samsung A8? I cant seem to get it to accurately sync up to whats showing on Alta's screen. Really dont want to feel as though I've made a bad decision buying this 5 day old device… help please!
Best Answer
0 Votes
"Knocking" does Indeed work. I just got mine as well and tried the tapping and barely got it to respond. A little more pressure does the trick! Still getting use to it but I'm glad I'm able to interact with it!
Best Answer
0 Votes
How often should I have to restart my Alta or unpair And reset my device with the app? At least twice a week I have syncing issues and need to restart the process from scratch to get my Alta to sync with my Motorola Fitbit app. Is this an issue with my actual device or a super annoying failure of the system and standard operating procedure?
Best Answer
0 Votes