Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interacting with Alta

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So you've got yourself an Alta and are wondering "where's the button?" Check out how to interact with Alta!

• How do I view the time on my Alta?QuickView.jpeg 

You have 2 options to view the time on your Alta. 

1. You can use Quick View to wake up your Alta's screen without touching the tracker. Just turn your wrist towards you and the time will appear for a few seconds.

2. The other option is to double-tap your Alta where the band and tracker meet. This will illuminate the Alta and display the time and date (depending on the clock face that you've selected as default).

• How do I view my daily stats?

To view your daily stats just use Quick View to bring up your clock and then single tap the Alta where the band and tracker meet (as seen in image below) to toggle between your steps, distance, calories burned and Active Minutes stats.

Alother way to do this is to double tap on the Alta to bring up the clock and then single tap the Alta where the band and tracker meet to toggle between stats.

Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 9.07.07 AM.png

• What's the best way to tap on my Alta?

alta_tap.gifWith a bit of practice, you'll find the best way to tap on your Alta. We advise aiming toward the bottom of its display, and not tapping too hard or too softly. You shouldn't have to hit it with any significant pressure, but you should feel the tap lightly on your wrist.

Make sure to give your device time to react - you shouldn't ever be tapping more than once or twice per second, and may need to pause a moment after your tap before you see the device react. If you're having trouble, try slowing down your taps.

Video below:

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
215 REPLIES 215

The display orientation is not correct when right wrist is chosen.  I have to wear it with the port closest to my hand, not the outside of my wrist.

Best Answer
0 Votes

same here !  so frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

@geigs15 @Orangelica Sounds like your Alta may benefit from a restart. Let me know if that helps the display light back up.

@Bumbleguide What make and model phone are you attempting to receive notifications with? Just to clarify, Windows Phone's don't support notifications. You can read more about this here.

Can you also clarify which group you're trying to join? A screenshot would be useful to help you look further into it. Thanks in advance.

@Donna52 @Mandao89 Glad to hear that you've seen an improvement with interacting with your Alta with the tapping technique showed here.

@Mrissao @SunriseJogger00 The Samsung S7 Edge or the Samsung A8 are currently not listed as a supported device. This would explain the issues you're running into with syncing. I recommend syncing with a computer or a different supported mobile device.

@GingerFit I recommend confirming that you're on the latest version of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.27 here. Let me know if that improves your syncing experience.

@Hicksiechick Make sure that you've synced your Alta once you've made the change to right handness. I just tried to recreate what you said and was unable to. 

@wetninic Try the suggestions here. That should help you with interacting with the Alta. Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did a restart and used a lot of force for the tap and it works fine. I
really tap quite hard -- glad it works consistently.
Best Answer

@wetninic The taps shouldn't be so hard that you feel it takes a lot of effort, just make sure you're tapping in the right spot (where the tracker and band meet) and that should help. Thanks for the update!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having the same issue with mine. Every once in a blue moon tapping will work, but it is very frustrating. The touch sensitivity on the screen sucks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@braggsbaby To clarify, the display on the Alta is not a touchscreen. I recommend checking out these tips for interacting with Alta. Hope that helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same problem.  So frustrating.  I ordered my fitbit and it took a month to get it and now I am having this problem.  Not happy.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I went through this initially but found that a quick tap ( not too soft ) on the side of the band at the center ( closest to my hand ) works easily and every time. It seems much better than what Fitbit recommends. Give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@KrisBeau I recommend trying out @Dugster's suggestion while also checking out my post here full of tips and even a video. Let me know if that helps out.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The battery was defective and I have a new one.
Best Answer

@KrisBeau Thanks for taking the time to share your update with me, I greatly appreciate that. Glad to hear you're back on track.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ugh! I'm so frustrated! I'm on my second Alta and just got a replacement for my new one day. I was so excited about it and still tapping where the display meets the band isn't reliable. It's unsettling to see that other people are having a problem with it. I never had problems with my Flex when I first got it. I wish I could return mine but since I opened it I have no such luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the Flex for 6 months, and it works great.  Then I bought an Alta for dress.  The Alta is soooo much harder to use.  You are right a thump is better, but still difficult compared to the Flex.  And my computer is crazy with two Fitbits.  It is difficult to get data and evaluate.  Alta is way overated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner @ClaudiaBear Sorry to hear about the frustration. Have you had a chance to check out the suggestion in this post? That should help you start interacting with your Alta.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think i have cracked the code. Tapping the screen gave inconsistent results. Jerking the band by tapping where display meets the band works all the time. You still have to tap but ensure that the metal piece moves from its place causing it to jerk and it lights up. Earlier it was taking 8-10 taps to get it to wake up. Now it works the way it's to. I guess, the screen itself is not touch sensitive and it depends motion sensor to activate.
Best Answer

@noroolz You're 100% correct, the Alta display is not a touch screen display. Thanks for sharing what worked for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Need help reading the calorie counter. It starts at 1934. Is it a count down? The stat bars move down. Is it a setting I can change? I don't get it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Redkitten138 Welcome to the Community!

Can you please share a screenshot or picture of what you're talking about in specific so I can confirm what you're seeing? That will be super helpful! It sounds like you're referring to the calorie burn that starts with your BMR reading, but your screenshot will help me confirm. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was bored while waiting for my Alta to arrive so I decided to just browse around reading a couple threads on this forum, a few youtube videos and a handful of reviews on Amazon.

And when the Alta finally arrived I spared myself the frustration. I guess jerking works best in my case. It's a bit like nudging the band while double-tapping.

Thank you very much.

Best Answer
0 Votes