Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about shipping

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am extremely disappointed in Fitbit's costumer service. I choose the 2 day expedited shipping due to the fact that this was a Mother's day gift. The order was placed on Tuesday, shipped on Friday. I checked my shipping status Friday night and was told it was now not going to arrive until Tuesday, even though originally it was supposed to be Friday. When I called costumer service, after holding for 20 minutes I was told that it was a FedEx issue and FitBit is not responsible. When I stated I did not buy a product from FedEx I bought it from FitBit so it is indeed their problem, the agent responded with due to the fact that shipping was free, there was nothing they can do and I just need to wait. This is what bothers me the most. I don't care of shipping was free or not, if I ask for 2 day shipping, a service that you offer, I expect you to meet that service and not come up with an excuse of because it was free you no longer are obligated.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the forums @Killessi and thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit environment and , customer service. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

I'm very sorry ro hear about the shipping situation you encountered; be sure that  we don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. While I understand that some of the problems you've encountered are procedures from our Customer Service team, I'm glad to know you've contacted them to address the initial problem and let them know how you were feeling.

I'd like to mention that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts, please know that we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

If there any questions present, please let me know and I'll be glad to help. Cat Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Welcome to the forums @Killessi

I'm sorry this happened, but to be fair, FItbit isn't in charge of FedEx's shipping. It seems FedEx was busy with their usual business, plus packages for graduation and Mother's Day. While Fitbit did sell you the item, it left their control once it entered the FedEx system.

If this present was for someone else, I'd print out a picture of the item and tell them it is in transit. This would also give them time to read up and set up an account in preparation for receiving the Alta.

If there is any problem in getting set up, you know where to come for help. This is an awesome community.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
I do understand that. I am more dissatisfied with the whole "it's not my problem" attitude I received from the person I was talking to. I get its a holiday and graduation but that being said, if a costumer calls asking about their package the wrong answer is its not my problem. 

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note5.
Best Answer

I agree that any customer service representative ought to be understanding. One of the moderators will probably stop by to post something. They want to know the good and the not so good when it comes to their support team.

Which color Alta did you get? I have a plum Blaze and like the looks of the Alta.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Black. Had to go old school 😉 but I plan on getting the turquoise band to switch it up when I get bored. 

Best Answer
I agree that this is not the fault of Fitbit. They got your item ready to ship. May I asked how long after you ordered did you get a tracking number saying it was sent to FedEx? Once FedEx picks up it is an issue with FedEx, and there is nothing Fitbit can do. That is not the fault of Fitbit, but if CSR was rude to you that is another issue. I'm sure you weren't happy after being on hold 30 minutes either, disappointed over gift not arriving.

Not Fitbit order but I placed one a week ago Thursday, paid for expedited shipping. That item sat in Phoenix for 2 days and just arrived today 9 days later.

Enjoy your Mother's Day... It'll all work out but your disappointment is understood, but directed at wrong company.
Best Answer
I should have been a tad more clear in my post. The disappoint I have isn't due to the fact that it was late (even though it does suck... I can handle waiting a few more days.) I was more so frustrated with the way the customer service agent addressed my issue. There was a very blatant not my fault I don't care attitude that was given and even if it may not be their fault that FedEx is running behind, to come off as not caring seemed unprofessional to me. I more so addressing how the issue was handled once the problem presented itself, rather then the actual problem. I hope that makes better sense. 

Best Answer

Turquoise is really pretty. Maybe that will be my next Fitbit.

You can never go wrong with basic black!

Best Answer
Odyssey, how are you liking the Blaze?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I love it! I still wear the Flex on my right wrist and the Blaze is on the left. It's got a nice display and works well for me. Never had a problem with it and it syncs easily to my Android phone.

Of all the Fitbits I've had, the Blaze is my favorite!

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @Killessi and thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit environment and , customer service. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

I'm very sorry ro hear about the shipping situation you encountered; be sure that  we don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. While I understand that some of the problems you've encountered are procedures from our Customer Service team, I'm glad to know you've contacted them to address the initial problem and let them know how you were feeling.

I'd like to mention that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts, please know that we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

If there any questions present, please let me know and I'll be glad to help. Cat Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
Thank you very much!
Best Answer

I am right there with you with the shipping from Fitbit. I also am very displeased with this process, I ordered one day shipping and the date I was notified that my Fitbit was supposed to be delivered on it did not come in. After contacting Fitbit I was assured it would be in on Monday, well it is now Monday and I'm being told that it's just now shiped. today on Saturday fit bit notified me that it was a error on part of FedEx however it turns out that fit bit themselves did not ship it it's not on FedEx so  customer support has been really helpful in resolving this issue and easing my aggravation however the shipping department does need to ensure that what they are offering to their customers they are able to follow through and provide.  If they cannot do one day or two day shipping then this needs to be removed from the options because it is not fair to have your customers to pay for these options and then go through the aggravation to attempt to get them resolved when expectations are not met. This is something that does need to be resolved because I see that your post took place last year and here we are in May 2017 and we are still having the same problem so apparently they resolved it with a customer they have it resulted as a company. 

Best Answer

I wish I had seen this warning. I had this same issue. The package was within 1 hour from my address before it was redirected and delayed 2 more times. The original delivery date was 6/8/17 and is now 6/17/17 (almost 3 weeks after the order date and 2 weeks after promises delivery date). 

Did Fitbit ever compensate you? They are not replying to my support requests.

Best Answer

This sounds like a reoccurring problem with Fitbit and FedEx. I was told the exact same thing by Fitbit customer service. They take no responsibility for the product and their promised delivery date. My Fitbit is still. It here and is only scheduled to be delivered 18 days after the order date. 

"Irvin" at customer service told me this never happens so Fitbit has no protocol on how to rectify it. He just said he would pass the info on to FedEx (and that helps me how?). I see that I am indeed not thr only person this has happened to. I have never known accompany with this poor of customer service.

Best Answer

This is well said. It seems this shipping issue is a common problem with Fitbit. If they cannot guarantee or stand behind their said delivery dates they should not post them as options. They should say "it gets there when it gets there" and then it will be interesting to see who orders from them.

Best Answer

I however disagree that Fitbit is free from blame. When I ordered my replacement because my original was defective I did not receive it when was stated (also the delivery option I chose). Fitbit also claimed that it was out of their hands and was the fault of FedEx however after 3 rounds of calls to Fitbit customer support it was discovered that they stated on my order confirmation that it was shipped when it had not even left their warehouse. They told me that it had not shipped even though my online order showed otherwise. There is no where to place that fault than on Fitbit. I ordered my first Fitbit through Amazon and the replacement through Fitbit because I was under warranty. If l/when my new Fitbit no longer works I will likely go another route rather than through Fitbit and their poor customer care. 

Best Answer

@KP_7 @Lizaash85 Thanks for joining us! Sorry to hear about your delay in the shipment of your product. As far as I know this isn't something that happens frequently sadly it did happen to you two but have you contacted Fedex or USPS to inquire about your package status and why is was delayed (in the case of @KP_7). I know this isn't right and hope you get your tracker as soon as possible. In the time you posted this have you received any update from Support? If you did what did they tell you? 

Keep me posted!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

My issue took place earlier this summer, I just wanted to reinforce that even though the blame was directed at FedEx from Fitbit it was not FedExs fault for the delay. Fitbit notified me that my item had been shipped and that it was in the hands of FedEx, however when I contacted Fitbit support I was told that it had not been shipped so even though the day before a customer service representative from fitbit told me it had been shipped and that it was out of their hands. When in reality Fitbit did not follow through on there and and ship it in a timely manner so there was no need for me to contact FedEx because they could not control it because fitbit did not hold up their end of the shipping arrangements.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No they never compensated me which I believe is absolutely ridiculous. The customer service agents I spoke to about this issue were also extremely rude. I've completely stopped using fitbit altogether due to how poor their customer service is. 

Best Answer
0 Votes