Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cracked Alta HR screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My screen has cracked - without me knocking it on anything.  It's less than a year old.  How to I get a new screen?

Best Answer
127 REPLIES 127

My Fitbit cracked today and I found this thread. It looks like Charge 2 has a similar problem and Fitbit has replaced some of them. I tried contacting support but they’ve ignored me so far. How do I get my Alta HR fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Websterpup1. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that your Alta HR screen cracked. I understand your concern and thank you for taking the time to get in touch with our Support Team. I am sorry that you haven't received a reply yet. I've confirmed with our Support team that your case has been created and you should receive a reply soon. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution, just keep an eye on your inbox. 

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyone, 

You should all know that when I first posted in summer 2018, there were postings and complaints going back to summer 2017, but those are now all deleted. There's no excuse for Fitbit not to cover the screen in their warranty. I replaced my Alta HR last summer with a special edition Alta HR. The first screen cracked shortly after a year and I'm coming up on the 1 year anniversary of the current special edition Alta HR. We'll see what happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No surprise at all.  They emailed me to say they took down my comments as they were too negative.  So in other words, they do not want others to hear about all the problems we have had with our watches and they refuse to do anything to resolve them.  Very poor customer service.

Best Answer

Hello @GabiSi @Radiantredhead, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

@GabiSi I appreciate your feedback and would like to confirm that our Support team always try to help in the best possible manner according to the Fitbit Warranty. Regarding the deleted posts, it is possible that the older posts were moved to another thread regarding the same issue. The posts could also be removed for violating the Community Guidelines. I am glad to hear you continue using your special edition Alta HR and working on your goals. 

@Radiantredhead I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experience and feedback. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. We are working to keep the Community a friendly, informative, and fun environment for everyone. I recommend checking our Community Guidelines for more information. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can transparency be part of the community rules?

The posts that started the thread were on topic, because they were the
first to address the issue, and most of the posts met the community
guidelines. For the community to be fun and polite, respect to customers is
probably needed. By truncating topics that started the forum on the topic,
with the indirect or direct purpose to conceal how long the problem has
existed and how far back it was reported is to indirectly or directly be
impolite and unfun for the customers in the forum. Pretty pretty please
make this a fun, polite, and respectful forum for fitbit customers in the
community. Thank you soooooooooo much!
Best Answer

As fitbit know this is obviously a fault and are doing very little to assist - in my case they have done NOTHING as I'm in Australia, and I'm sick of seeing the same comments and complaints on my query with NO SOLUTION, can I somehow close this thread to further comments?  Never again will I purchase a fitbit product, nor will I recommend them to anyone.  The after sales service in Australia is sadly lacking and only people who have bought in the US or via Amazon have had any form of resolution to the matter. By all means leave my thread in the community so others can see how disappointed we are when suggestions such as "don't wear sunscreen!!!!!" are offered by the fitbit moderators, but please lock it down as nothing is changing with this problem and I'm done with it.Smiley Mad

Best Answer

Hello. Europe here. Displey had scratches. Anyone have experience with support? Found only a few threads in my mother tongue that claim Fitbit support used to be very helpluf years ago and now are not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LodniSroub wrote:

Hello. Europe here. Displey had scratches. Anyone have experience with support? Found only a few threads in my mother tongue that claim Fitbit support used to be very helpluf years ago and now are not.

Try using the customer service chat feature and ask if you can chat with a person in the language you need. Ask what their translation services are if that doesn't work. In the U.S. translation services are required, but it sounds like you may not be in the U.S. 

People who are in other countries: your equivalent of the federal trade Commission or Department of Commerce is the entity that sets minimum guidelines regarding sales, warranties, defects, and customer service for a company selling products in that country. If I write more Fitbit can delete my post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @LodniSroubIt's nice to see you around @GabiSi@robynm003.  I am sorry for the delayed response. 

@robynm003 I really appreciate your feedback and time you took to let us know your frustration since this helps us to keep improving. I would like to confirm if you've contacted Customer Support already regarding the issue with your device? 

@GabiSi thank you for your feedback and suggestions. We're constantly working on improving our devices and user experiences.

@LodniSroub I am sorry to hear your Alta HR display has scratches. I understand your concerns, I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my Alta HR as a gift in June 2017. It’s been great...suffered a broken strap attachment early on that Fitbit replaced but today I noticed a crack from top to bottom and reading this, I realized I sprayed Off bug repellent before going outside (not directly on it but it probably got on the screen)!! Did that cause the crack??? It has stood the test of time until yesterday! So sad 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Ladybugdd77

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experience with your Fitbit Alta HR tracker which you received as a gift. I am sorry to hear about the cracked screen on your tracker, I totally understand how you are feeling. Thank you for providing the additional details. We recommend to avoid direct contact with sunscreen or bug repellent sprays and to remove the tracker when applying these sprays. 

I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer

Out at the cottage did not know that bug spray would cause front of fitbit to crack. Both me and my wife have now got cracked screens on our fitbits that are just over a year old. What on earth is that all about...I'm going to dig out the box I do not remember anywhere that this was outlined. So disappointed and then to come here and read that no repairs are done in a reasonable fashion....you've lost two customers here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @aducky84

Thank you for joining the conversation and sharing that you and your wife are experiencing the same issue. I totally understand how you are feeling. You can find our wear and care instructions at https://www.fitbit.com/productcare. I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to assist you further. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
This link does not say anything about the face of the Fitbit device or how
to protect the screen from cracking.

What I do now that I have a replacement fit bit is I avoid spray on
sunscreens and then I lick my screen and wipe it dry. Not preferred, but
it's generally the best choice.

For bug spray I have to remove the device. After spraying I find a way to
get my wrist west where the device sits and wipe it dry. Then I put the
device on, lick the face and wipe it dry. So far this 2nd one has not
cracked this summer. But this is silly. When I reach the pole to pole I'll
probably never get another fit bit. It's not cool when moderators can edit
their posts so something you said in your post the seems off topic. And
it's not cool that they move and delete posts that directly or indirectly
result in hiding how long a major defect has been reported.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Got my Alta screen cracked just as described - bug spray and here we are.

No any notice on a box or anywhere that bug spray shouldn't be used. Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @He_Is. It's nice to see you around @GabiSi.  

@GabiSi thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback. I am glad to hear you continue enjoying your replacement device and thank you for sharing the helpful tips. I understand your concerns and would like to advise that we are working to keep the Community a friendly, informative, and fun environment for everyone. I recommend checking Community Guidelines so that you know what to expect and what is expected of you when you're here. 

@He_Is thank you for joining the conversation and sharing that you've experienced the same issue.  

I understand your concern, I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So disappointing to discover today, that my Altra HR screen is cracked.  No drops or unusual hit, just normal wear.  This design flaw has been going on for far too long. With so many experiencing the same problem,  Fitbit needs to replace,  not just offer a discount. I will not be buying another one and definitely will not recommend to others.

Best Answer

Fitbit have reached out to me to provide customer service. maybe they will to you as well....can only hope. I'll update with my progress, it's taken them a while to reply to each email so may be a slow resolution, fingers crossed it's a good one 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with you.  To add insult to injury, they will probably remove our posts because the company is not transparent with their ongoing issues.  I will not be replacing my watch, either, since they failed to make good on a defective watch.  A discount towards a new one is not going to cut it.  It is time to jump ship and buy a more reliable brand who actually cares about its customers.  Very disappointing how we have been treated by Fitbit.

Best Answer