Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to sync after Android 13 update Samsung Flip/Fold

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to Android 13 today.
From then on, no sync possible anymore.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completly
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant (apparently that's a problem with the Sense and Android 13)
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

Now I'm stuck with a watch that can't be connected anymore and is stuck in install mode.

Edit: To clarify. The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, i get's found by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer
1,444 REPLIES 1,444

It doesn't seem to be all fitbits that had the problem - I had upgraded to a charge 5 from a charge 2 and I've been using the latter as it has still been syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad you said when, my charge 4 worked with my flip 4 until upgrade
beginning of December and now it doesn't work and no sign of another update
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 5, Samsung Flip 3, no syncing since beginning of December after Android 13 update. Fitbit and Samsung software both up to date (had one small Samsung update since, but it didn't do anything to fix the problem) and I'm frequently checking for new updates.  Still not syncing and now I can't even find the Charge with Bluetooth (it used to find it, but wouldn't connect saying it needed an app to connect).  Very frustrating as I use my Fitbit for health and fitness feedback regularly.  Now it just sits on the charger doing nothing and certainly not helping me either.  After contacting Fitbit Support (again) today for an update and ETA on fix, I was told the following:  "Thanks. We identified the root cause of the bug and we are working on a fix, which we anticipate releasing via an app update in early 2023."

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it is frustrating and no feedback from fitbit doesn't help
Best Answer
It's the Samsung upgrade which is causing the problem
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the following from Fitbit, "Thanks. We identified the root cause of the bug and we are working on a fix, which we anticipate releasing via an app update in early 2023."

Best Answer
0 Votes
Early 2023, but vague isn't it?
Best Answer
0 Votes

No update for Canada yet... 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

Like telling you the check is in the mail... 

Best Answer

Hello everyone. 

Thanks for sharing the current status with your Fold and Fitbit devices. I am glad to read that it has been solved for some users. It seems that some users have received an update from Samsung's side. After reading the whole thread it seems it has been released to some users. Hope it reaches the rest of the users soon. 

From our side, the root cause has been identified and we are working on a fix. We anticipate releasing it via an app update in early 2023. Thanks for your patience. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Not only in Europe as I posted before, mine is fixed and I live in the US!

Best Answer

For real!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine not fixed in UK yet so maybe it's by networks
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is not working yet.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am in the Philippines and have suffered for over a month the inability to sync my Charge 4 eventually newly bought charge 5 with my Samsung Fold 3. Following this thread I upgraded my phone to the latest upgrade and tried to link my Charge 5 but it would not. I finally got it to work by doing the following
1. Sync my charge 5 with my IPad so that my stats and data are stored in my Fitbit App Account
2. I delinked my charge 5 from my IPad
3. I deleted and reinstalled the Fitbit App on my Phone
4. I hard reset/delete all data on my Charge by by going Settings, Device Info (just scroll down until you find it), then Delete all Data
5. I opened my Fitbit App on my Samsung Fold 3 and went to add a device and followed the procedure. Take note you need to allow location access to the Fitbit add all the time.

My Charge 5 is now working with my Fold 3 for now, I hope it stays this way

Happy New Year

Rene

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

After my Samsung One UI 5 (Android 13) Updated yesterday, my Luxe has stopped sync. I tried everything possible things such as reinstall, reset, reboot. None of them worked. Ii finds the device but cannot pair. I then tried with Samsung phone that did not have UI 5 update and it worked fine. So I think this is FITBIT problem related to being compatible to UI 5 update ...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same - I have a Fitbit Luxe and a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 - phone updated to Android 13, Fitbit stopped syncing.  Went through extensive troubleshooting steps - the whole kit and caboodle.  Contacted Fitbit, went through it all again.  They then got me to factory-reset it and now I can't connect it all - hanging on the "Found it!" page and then it just fails.

Hurry up Fitbit - you need to fix this NOW

Best Answer

I received Samsung update version F721BXXU1BVL9/ F721BOLE1BVL9/ F721BXXU1BVL9 with size 857.58 MB (Security patch level: 1 December 2022). I tried to download Fitbit App again to my Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4. It synced well; the pairing code appeared on my Charge 4 during setup. Now, I can use my Charge 4 again. Thank you!

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fold4 received a software update this morning (UK/O2) and is now on speaking terms with my Charge 5.  In addition, my Charge 5 is now installing a software update which may or may not be related.

Best Answer