Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 9.0 (Pie) not able to sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 3/6/19

Hello everyone! 

We have some updated troubleshooting suggestions we'd like for all of you on Android Pie (9.0) to try. 

First, turn off Background Restrictions/Limitations: Phone settings > Apps & Notifications > Fitbit app > Background restrictions or Background limits.

Then, disable battery limitations:

1. Go to Settings > Apps > Fitbit app > Advanced > Battery > Battery optimization
  2. Change view to All apps
  3. Search for Fitbit app
  4. Choose Not optimized

Please give the steps above a try to improve syncing with your Fitbit device and Android 9.0 OS. We're still researching and testing out long-term solutions to this ongoing syncing issue. We thank you for all your patience while we continue to work on this effort.

Fitbit Update: 2/14/19

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all your reports and patience with these Android 9.0 syncing difficulties. We’re aware of this ongoing issue and have been working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track as soon as possible. 

I'll let you know if I receive any additional information on this matter. 

Fitbit Update: 10/3/18 

Hey Everyone!

Our team is still working on implementing a longterm fix for syncing with Android devices on Pie (9.0). 

For the background syncing issue, I have posted an update in the other floated thread which you can find here

We released Fitbit for Android version 2.80 today which contains improvements for that syncing issue. 

I'll make sure to keep you all updated with more information, as soon as I have it available. We're still working on this and I really appreciate everyone's patience. 

Fitbit Update: 9/26/18

Hey everyone! 

Thanks so much for your patience and cooperation. We are aware of the issue and working with Google on a solution.

I will continue to provide updates here, so keep an eye on this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 9/10/18 

Hi, everybody! 

Thanks for your patience while our team continues to work on improving syncing for those on Android Pie (9.0). They are actively working on this and for the time being, I recommend you keep the Fitbit app updated on the latest version for best syncing results. Right now that is version 2.78, so if you're not on this version please update! Also, another troubleshoot we recommend is performing a restart on your phone. 

When there are more improvements made in the future I'll announce them here. Stay tuned and subscribed to this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 8/19/18

We have escalated these syncing issues for those who are now using Android Pie (9.0) to our team for investigation. There aren't any updates at the moment, but rest assured we will keep you informed in this thread when more information is available.

Thanks for your patience! 

Fitbit Update: 8/11/18 

Hi, everyone! Thanks for stopping by the Community Forums. Smiley Happy

Seems like many of you who updated to Android Pie (9.0) are now having trouble syncing your Fitbit trackers. I'm going to escalate this to our team so they can look into it.

In the meantime, please update the Fitbit app to version 2.76.1 if you haven't yet. Let me know if that changes the syncing behavior. Please follow this thread for updates. I'll keep you all posted here! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
2,479 REPLIES 2,479

I'm not able to manually pair my MI A2 with my Versa, because it just doesn't show up in the list of available devices...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why do you want to pair it manually?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here with my Mi A1 and Android 9...

I tried everything but cannot pair my Charge 3 with Mi A1 and Android 9...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello sir..

May I know why Fitbit is not working with Android pie 9.0. I am getting connectivity problem, synchronisation problem.  It's working well with iPhone only.. may I know why it is so..?  And please do the needful as soon as possible.. everybody is not having iPhone.. so please look into this problem.. and solved it asap..

Best Answer
0 Votes
Had a hiccup yesterday where my Versa wouldn’t sync with my Pixel II XL. I tried all old tricks, uninstalling Fitbit app, and reinstalling it, and finally went to Bluetooth connections, it showed connected but gave option to forget it. I tried that and immediately my Versa began to sync. Don’t know why, it just did.
So it established a new connection immediately. I guess the old one was corrupted.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

So...the OnePlus 5/5T now got Android Pie officialy. 

My Versa does not sync anymore. I removed it from the phone and app and tried to pair it again. It does not work. I tried everything.

When is there a fix?

Best Answer

I don't understand why one would remove a tracker that does not communicate with the phone, then expect it to talk with the phone.

Telling Fitbit that you do not want to use a tracker will only add problems if you do want to use the tracker.

The app needs to know what tracker to sing and leaving it attached to your account is the best way to tell the app.

We need to fix the sync issue before we will be able to set it up.

Have you

Removed from the: phones Bluetooth?

Restarted the tracker, the phones BT?

Cleared the Fitbit cache?

Those would be the first I would try

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same as MrPuma.

Oneplus 5 went to Android Pie, yesterday my new Versa worked with android 8, but now with 9 it does not sync in bluetooth.

My new Versa synced only one day with my phone. It was a christmas gift.

Tried all the solutions above to fix the problem, without luck. Thinking of sending it back.

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue wrote:

I don't understand why one would remove a tracker that does not communicate with the phone, then expect it to talk with the phone.

Telling Fitbit that you do not want to use a tracker will only add problems if you do want to use the tracker.

The app needs to know what tracker to sing and leaving it attached to your account is the best way to tell the app.

We need to fix the sync issue before we will be able to set it up.

Have you

Removed from the: phones Bluetooth?

Restarted the tracker, the phones BT?

Cleared the Fitbit cache?

Those would be the first I would try

Well, first of all, because a lot of people are advising that in here or in other threads (including moderators). Second of all....it was 2am and I literally punched myself after I removed it from Fitbit. That didnt make a lot of sense. Will add it back through an Android 8 phone.

But its a shame that people who got a new phone with Pie or reveived a Fitbit product as an xmas gift wont be able to even pair it. Syncing and pairing should be handled equally by the devs

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everything was working perfectly on my OnePlus5 until the update to Android Pie. No sync possible, only an annoying bluetooth message. 
I did find something that for me can work as a workaround, to sync the Charge2 with my macbook. This will prevent me from losing data, but it is of course ridiculous that after months, and lots of complaining users Fitbit is not able to provide a solution for the syncing problem with Android Pie. 

Best Answer

Okay, I got the Versa to pair and sync now perfectly with my OnePlus 5T on Pie after literally several hours.

Hard to describe my solution. 

Delete the device from your phones bluetooth devices and delete the tracker from your FitBit account.

1. Download the "Bluetooth Pair" app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.waylonhuang.bluetoothpair

2. Restart your your tracker and put in the charging dock

3. Clear cache and manuelly close the FitBit app via your phones settings

4. Disable and enable bluetooth.

5. Open the Bluetooth Pair app and search for new BT devices. It found my Versa there. Dont pair it YET.

6. Go into the Fitbit app and add your device there. While it is searching for your devices SWITCH immidiatly to the Bluetooth pair app. Click on "pair" to the Versa and then switch back to the Fitbit app. 

Now it took a few seconds but then it found my tracker and I was able to enter the code to pair it.

(Maybe you need to restart your tracker after that again to get it to sync)

I had to do that process several times. The timing seems to be important

It sounds complicated and long BUT thats how I got it to work

Best Answer

Hi,

Currently on vesion 2.84 using a Nokia 8 with Android Pie with Charge 2, syncing is still not working! Please provide a fix!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Flex2 cannot sync with the latest Fitbit Android app 2.84 after the 2018 December Android update to Android 9.0 (Pie) on Nokia 6, and Xiami A1. I tried the work arounds, such as reboot the Flex2, reboot android, force stop bluetooth/bluetooth midi system services, remove Flex2 from the paired devices list, etc. No workarounds can help to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow !! thank you !! it worked like a charm for me.

I had the Versa linked to my account using a windows laptop.

So the only problem was that the Oneplus 5 didn't find the Versa. When i paired the Versa using the "Bluetooth Pair" app, then immediatly everything behave the way it should in the fitbit app.

You help was invaluable. Thank you again.

Cheers from France.

Best Answer
0 Votes

oh yes!!! This is it!!! Just been on chat with "support". No help whatsoever! This worked like a treat.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The newest version, 2.84 resolves my stuf issues that I have had since the release of Android 9.0. Thanks for resolving the issues 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The newest version, 2.84 resolves my stuf issues that I have had since the release of Android 9.0. Thanks for resolving the issues!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just updated to EMUI 9 on my P20 Pro, and my Versa and app are working great, no syncing problems

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pixel 1, ZIP. I am on the latest software. Hasn't synced since August when I upgraded to Pie.

It should just work, many of the work arounds being suggested on this site are rediculous. We shouldn't have to go to these lengths.

Very disappointed with Fitbit.

Paul

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has been ~3 months since Android Pie was released and the users are still not able to have the expected experience trying to connect their Fitbit ... Got the Pie update on Xiaomi Mi A2 and since then I'm not able to use my Fitbit Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes